Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 07-23-2011, 07:37 PM   #1
Mariner

Thrift store finds

Went to the thrift store today, and found some pretty awesome cheap things. I know there are some thrift store fans on here, so I thought a thread for showing off your awesome thrift store purchases would be fun.

Here's a sweater I got for 99 cents, then I also got two black skirts. Spent $7 all together.
Is the curse in a dead man's eye !
Seven days, seven nights, I saw that curse,
And yet I could not die."

-The Rime of the Ancient Mariner
by Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Mariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 04:01 AM   #2
Jon Wane

I found the most perfectly-hideous orange floral print dress skirt once...

I don't normally do drag, but I went to last year's Ladyfest in Tuscaloosa wearing that (not to disrespect feminists, I just thought it was the perfect opportunity to do it and avoid getting my ass kicked by Tuscaloosa's many latently-homosexual frat boys).

I'd post a photo if I knew what ever happened to that dress (I think my friends' messy old house ate it)... and the only photos I took were of me wearing it... I feel like I should spare you guys such gruesome images... plus, I can't find them.

EDIT: Seriously though, it was fucking perfect for a hideous drag outfit... I'm a fatass, and that dress barely fit me and barely covered my junk... and I had a cute little purse that went great with it, though it was barely big enough for my wallet and a pouch of Bugler...
Jon Wane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 02:31 PM   #3
CornSnake

This past Monday I found a pair of LED light modded cyber goggles for 75 cents. and I also found this yes, the infamous ''suggestive'' face revoltech woody figure still in the frickin box (although the box it was in happened to be severely water damaged) for $6.00 in a plastic ziploc baggie along with a pack of batteries and 4 hot wheels cars. Man, I love striking gold at goodwill!
CornSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 09:10 AM   #4
BlacKat

So far? A lovely black velour dress with lace sleeves, and a set of black sheer drapes.
BlacKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 09:04 AM   #5
Mariner

Oh, wow, lol I figured this thread was dead. Awesome BlacKat, the dress sounds lovely. Unfortunately I haven't been thrift store shopping in a bit...must get out to one soon.
Is the curse in a dead man's eye !
Seven days, seven nights, I saw that curse,
And yet I could not die."

-The Rime of the Ancient Mariner
by Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Mariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 12:11 PM   #6
Storm

I've found some pretty nice things at thrift stores. At Value Village I found a pinstriped micro-mini with d-rings on it, turns out it was by Lip Service, and I found a mesh hoodie that looks really cute with t-shirts, a really nice black pleated skirt that's super soft, and a pair of Demonia creepers. I might post pictures later.
Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 03:06 PM   #7
CyanideandRaspberryTea

About 75% of my floordrobe is second hand. Not even kidding. Latest find being a black velvet floor length skirt that's slit on both sides to the knee and makes my ass look awesome >.<
CyanideandRaspberryTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:35 AM   #8
Bridgette

Basically my whole wardrobe is second-hand, unless I find something that will really tie an outfit together. Last buy was a faded Incubus tanktop.
Bridgette is offline   Reply With Quote