Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 12-02-2007, 08:17 AM   #26
MollyMac

Boycotts do not work because corporation and production are just fancified words meaning "Omelas". To step away from one company, you have to step away from all of them.

As to the "issue" at hand. Go for it. Nothing is better then a stomping hissy fit on stage to prove that you are right, and they are wrong, and your determination that they know this trumps any and all common sense.

Hold your breath until they stop laughing. That will prove how serious you are.
Old 12-02-2007, 06:21 PM   #27
Gothic Piano

Eeeh...I've been there, too. You just have to suck it up. I don't really see how it matters WHAT you are, as long as you are YOU. Just know that they"re ingorant, and don't join the crowd. That's one thing that I personally like about Goths, they're not in the rest of the world's "crowd".
Gothic Piano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 08:50 PM   #28
Lolly PopMuzik

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyMac
Hold your breath until they stop laughing. That will prove how serious you are.
Well, she better breathe through her nose and have an oxygen tank on hand 'cause I'll be laughing for everyone!

OP: Sister, sit your tail down. For serious.
Lolly PopMuzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 08:28 PM   #29
Noumi

Quote:
Originally Posted by korinna5555
I wear a hoodie and I have a pair of Converse.. I MUST BE AN EMO!

Move along, people.. let's not feed the troll....
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i1...555/trolls.jpg

Stop my breathing and slit my throat
I must be emo
I don't jump around when I go to shows
I must be emo
Dye in my hair and polish on my toes
I must be emo
I play guitar and write suicide notes
I must be emo

LOL, I just started thinking about this stupid song when I red your reply XD
Noumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 08:54 PM   #30
raggedyanne

I love that song! Emo kids are cuddly, but I hate being mistaken for one when I'm having a "black boots and hoodie day."
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 09:13 PM   #31
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Amen to that raggedyanne

On that note I should get a plushie of an emo..and a chocobo....and then they can have plushie babies! @_@ Chemobebo!!

It's times like these I consider myself lucky to go to school where I do, people are generally understanding of the sub cultures, and there really is no discrimination and although the emos, metal heads, goths, indies, jock, pop girls etc. etc. list as many stereotyped subcultures as you like aren't best friends there is general harmony.

wheee!

/end pointless talk somewhat related to the topic
Sir Canvas Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 09:44 PM   #32
Mon Coeur Noir

perhaps your not a goth as much as you are just plain ol' psychotic!

ANYHOW... Emo...Diet Goth.
Mon Coeur Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 11:14 PM   #33
dark_dragon_of_ice

Emo isn't diet goth its a completely different musical style.
dark_dragon_of_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 12:02 AM   #34
Graveyard.Crow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothic Piano
Eeeh...I've been there, too. You just have to suck it up. I don't really see how it matters WHAT you are, as long as you are YOU. Just know that they"re ingorant, and don't join the crowd. That's one thing that I personally like about Goths, they're not in the rest of the world's "crowd".
Goths are in a Goth crowd, that's still a crowd
Old 12-04-2007, 03:57 AM   #35
TopHaggardDoll

For Gods sake...

When will these people just shut the fuck up!?

OH NOES! I GOT CALLED EMO! I don't give, a shit! You obviously don't understand either subculture...come back when you actually understand both.
Old 12-04-2007, 04:57 AM   #36
spoon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crying_Crimson_Tears
I didn't know Converse is owned by Nike.

Man I swear I will never buy a pair again.
CCT, have you ever heard of No Sweat Apparel?

http://www.nosweatapparel.com/miva/m...egory_Code=NSS

I'd discovered them last year, and apparently they provide very much environmentally friendly footwear that looks and feels like Chuck T's...without the child labor involved.
spoon! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 05:15 AM   #37
Methadrine

*sigh*

Dudes and dudettes, read this book:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Logo

"Meow. Mew. Mrow. Maow? Miaox." - Lovely Delkaetre speaks cat.
Methadrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 07:27 AM   #38
Noumi

Quote:
Originally Posted by raggedyanne
I love that song! Emo kids are cuddly, but I hate being mistaken for one when I'm having a "black boots and hoodie day."
The emo song.... Will we stay alive for long, in this disfunctional world full of hoodies and skinny jeans? XD
Old 12-05-2007, 05:27 PM   #39
raggedyanne

Eh, when I have to wake up around six for school after being out til the wee hours of the morning it's all I can to apply eyeliner on top, much less tie up a corset or deal with a skirt.
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
Old 12-06-2007, 02:34 AM   #40
drewsilla

I'd just let them say whatever they want, b/c they will, anyway.

That's what assholes in school do. Just be you and forget the labels.
drewsilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 08:08 PM   #41
KontanKarite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methadrine
*sigh*

Dudes and dudettes, read this book:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Logo

That's very interesting, Meth...

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 09:35 AM   #42
GothicChristian

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Oiseau Noir
As it has been said before...

DO NOT SAY THAT STUPID SHIT.

The last thing we need is some dunderhead tarnishing the already-sullied reputation of the Gothic subculture. Just shut your big, ignorant mouth! We don't fucking hate everyone and everything, and we don't fucking kill everyone else either! We're normal people who simply happen to have a different taste in music and fashion, or literature, movies, whatever--point is, we aren't not some hateful subculture like you're portraying us as! Ever hear of this saying:

THINK BEFORE YOU LEAP.

If you absolutely MUST explain yourself to the idiotic masses in your school, do it in a less childish way--do some fucking research first and use that as the basis of your argument. Your twisted views of what "Goths" are will just make everything worse for the lot of us. We've already had Columbine, and a chain of other events where Goths were the ones who were blamed, simply because some moron decided to say: "Hey guys, I'm a fucking Goth and I'm like, so hardcore because I listen to Marilyn Manson, wear big stompy boots from Hot Topic, and absolutely hate everyone and everything just because it sets me apart from everyone else."

Do us a favor and keep your uninformed mouth shut, or do the fucking research. Take a pick.

Anyway, I'm done ranting. I apologize for all the cuss words to you all--I tend to write like that when I'm angry.

I couldn't have said it better myself.
GothicChristian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 09:45 AM   #43
Noumi

I must be blind I can't read theese red letters...
Old 12-07-2007, 10:11 AM   #44
Delkaetre

Noumi- just try selecting the text if it's not very visible. There's a few blogs I follow that insist in writing in shades of blue, and my eyes can't see certain colours of blue properly. I just select all to highlight it, nice and visible in sensible colours.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 10:29 AM   #45
Linen

*sigh*

Someday all these high school kids will grow up and realise that it really does not matter what other people think of you as long as you have a good personality and treat others well. Then other decent people will be drawn to you regardless of outward appearance. If you react negatively to people who taunt you, you are doing exactly what they want you to do. Bullies want you to be pissed off. Respond - don't react. You can put someone in his or her place without resorting to rage by pointing out their hypocrisy in a proactive manner.
Linen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 10:44 AM   #46
GothicChristian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linen
*sigh*

Someday all these high school kids will grow up and realise that it really does not matter what other people think of you as long as you have a good personality and treat others well. Then other decent people will be drawn to you regardless of outward appearance. If you react negatively to people who taunt you, you are doing exactly what they want you to do. Bullies want you to be pissed off. Respond - don't react. You can put someone in his or her place without resorting to rage by pointing out their hypocrisy in a proactive manner.
Someday, we shall; but at the moment, there are those of us dealing with PMS and trying to survive our teen years. You cannot make it through high school with the vast majority against you, unfortunately...

[unless you can wear a bright green kimono to school while your hair is purple, walking black and hot pink platform sandals... as a freshman who has classes with upperclassmen, wearing a grin the entire day.]
GothicChristian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 11:59 AM   #47
Linen

Quote:
Originally Posted by GothicChristian
Someday, we shall; but at the moment, there are those of us dealing with PMS and trying to survive our teen years. You cannot make it through high school with the vast majority against you, unfortunately...

[unless you can wear a bright green kimono to school while your hair is purple, walking black and hot pink platform sandals... as a freshman who has classes with upperclassmen, wearing a grin the entire day.]
I understand that when you are *in* high school it's hard to have the perspective that you should just be yourself, but as far as PMS goes... who said only *high school girls have that & what does that have to do with letting people's bullying get to you? LOL.

*I am only 24.
Old 12-07-2007, 12:05 PM   #48
raggedyanne

We try not to care, but there's the effort we put into being ourselves, and then there is the mundanes' confused responses. It amazes me how I can come to school in skinny black pants, almost knee high boots, a black corset and trench coat, and I still get called emo. It makes me realize that they don't know what they're talking about and the only way to convince the preps that I'm not emo would be to wear black lipstick which takes way too much time in the morning.
Old 12-07-2007, 12:16 PM   #49
Linen

My Dear,

(and I say that in all sincerity, not snarkiness)

Why should you care what "the preps" think you are? They are in their own little world of boring fashion, crappy music, and mainstream mentality. You know you look great in that outfit, so be proud!

Yes, yes, I have been there. I was in high school once. I was always afraid that everyone was watching my every move and whispering about me behind my back. But they weren't. Everyone that age is worried about the same damned thing! They are worried about how THEY look. Hell, I even felt similarly in my early days of college, but one day it will hit you like a ton of bricks - so long as you are true to yourself, nothing anybody else says can bring you down.
Old 12-07-2007, 12:23 PM   #50
raggedyanne

I'm on the track to not caring, but their stupidity seems to be speeding up the process. It's funny, we think everyone is watching us like an effing tabloid, but they are too busy worrying the same things about themselves. Thank you for your words, encouragement is always nice!