Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

View Poll Results: Are you with god or not
God 14 35.90%
Neither("I don't care" or any other reason) 24 61.54%
Satan 1 2.56%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-06-2006, 07:44 PM   #26
anti

Oh. I thought it was the mustard.
anti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 07:48 PM   #27
anti

Shit, that's a real saying?

I thought Mr. CrazyAssassin made that up.
Old 02-06-2006, 07:54 PM   #28
anti

I'm never using it again.
Old 02-06-2006, 07:55 PM   #29
Manimal

The real question should be: If God came over to your house on Poker night, would you let him play?
Manimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 08:18 PM   #30
Circle V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eforce
I think satanist are a lot more intelligent than the christians
Stupidity is a sin for Satanists. Since I feel generous and bored, I'll tell you a bit more just so you aren't put into the uncomfortable position of visiting the Church of Satan website .

THE SATANIC SINS

1. Stupidity—The top of the list for Satanic Sins. The Cardinal Sin of Satanism. It’s too bad that stupidity isn’t painful. Ignorance is one thing, but our society thrives increasingly on stupidity. It depends on people going along with whatever they are told. The media promotes a cultivated stupidity as a posture that is not only acceptable but laudable. Satanists must learn to see through the tricks and cannot afford to be stupid.

2. Pretentiousness—Empty posturing can be most irritating and isn’t applying the cardinal rules of Lesser Magic. On equal footing with stupidity for what keeps the money in circulation these days. Everyone’s made to feel like a big shot, whether they can come up with the goods or not.

3. Solipsism—Can be very dangerous for Satanists. Projecting your reactions, responses and sensibilities onto someone who is probably far less attuned than you are. It is the mistake of expecting people to give you the same consideration, courtesy and respect that you naturally give them. They won’t. Instead, Satanists must strive to apply the dictum of “Do unto others as they do unto you.” It’s work for most of us and requires constant vigilance lest you slip into a comfortable illusion of everyone being like you. As has been said, certain utopias would be ideal in a nation of philosophers, but unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately, from a Machiavellian standpoint) we are far from that point.

4. Self-deceit—It’s in the “Nine Satanic Statements” but deserves to be repeated here. Another cardinal sin. We must not pay homage to any of the sacred cows presented to us, including the roles we are expected to play ourselves. The only time self-deceit should be entered into is when it’s fun, and with awareness. But then, it’s not self-deceit!

5. Herd Conformity—That’s obvious from a Satanic stance. It’s all right to conform to a person’s wishes, if it ultimately benefits you. But only fools follow along with the herd, letting an impersonal entity dictate to you. The key is to choose a master wisely instead of being enslaved by the whims of the many.

6. Lack of Perspective—Again, this one can lead to a lot of pain for a Satanist. You must never lose sight of who and what you are, and what a threat you can be, by your very existence. We are making history right now, every day. Always keep the wider historical and social picture in mind. That is an important key to both Lesser and Greater Magic. See the patterns and fit things together as you want the pieces to fall into place. Do not be swayed by herd constraints—know that you are working on another level entirely from the rest of the world.

7. Forgetfulness of Past Orthodoxies—Be aware that this is one of the keys to brainwashing people into accepting something new and different, when in reality it’s something that was once widely accepted but is now presented in a new package. We are expected to rave about the genius of the creator and forget the original. This makes for a disposable society.

8. Counterproductive Pride—That first word is important. Pride is great up to the point you begin to throw out the baby with the bathwater. The rule of Satanism is: if it works for you, great. When it stops working for you, when you’ve painted yourself into a corner and the only way out is to say, I’m sorry, I made a mistake, I wish we could compromise somehow, then do it.

9. Lack of Aesthetics—This is the physical application of the Balance Factor. Aesthetics is important in Lesser Magic and should be cultivated. It is obvious that no one can collect any money off classical standards of beauty and form most of the time so they are discouraged in a consumer society, but an eye for beauty, for balance, is an essential Satanic tool and must be applied for greatest magical effectiveness. It’s not what’s supposed to be pleasing—it’s what is. Aesthetics is a personal thing, reflective of one’s own nature, but there are universally pleasing and harmonious configurations that should not be denied.

THE RULES OF SATANISM (THE SATANIC COMMANDMENTS)

1. Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.

2. Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.

3. When in another’s lair, show him respect or else do not go there.

4. If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.

5. Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.

6. Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved.

7. Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.

8. Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.

9. Do not harm little children.

10. Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.

11. When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.

~Source: www.churchofsatan.com
Old 02-06-2006, 08:50 PM   #31
WolfMoon

Eforce,

Perhaps you just need to stop focusing on what other people tell you is wrong and just focus on the important thing.

Above all else, if you're christian, Jesus taught love and tolerance.

Just remember that and sweep everything else aside.

You don't have to throw away your beliefs.
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 08:52 PM   #32
Sanctus Dei

So... what exactly is this thread about? Cause all I'm getting is, "Can I gain the Lords favor still listen to Cradle of Filth?"

I assume I'm close... and if so, humoring this thread is a waste of time.
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 09:05 PM   #33
WolfMoon

Guess I'm just getting soft in my olde age.
Old 02-06-2006, 09:08 PM   #34
Godslayer Jillian

Ok, so, here's my oppinion:
I'm a satanist, but I'm not bad. If there's a god, I'm on his side, not to earn a ticket upstairs, but because, as I've said before, my god is Love.
And I think whoever says he's in favor with Satan either needs a little more originality in his sarcasm or is an idiot.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 06:56 AM   #35
Wise Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by anti
This guy is almost as good as nightfang.
Let us mate him with Lounar Wolf and create a new breed of uber-goth.

A dream is just a nightmare with lipstick ~ Toni Morrison
Wise Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 10:13 AM   #36
Iriacynthe

If you have religious doubts, I think you should first of all know what you're talking about. We all know that christianity has something to do with God and Jesus, but there's a lot more to it than that. Read the bible, read some good books about it, talk to christians, go to a church and talk to the priest, and don't forget to use your own mind.
Keep an open mind towards different religions, be critical towards yourself, and question what other people tell you. Even the bible tells us to "test everything, hold on to the good" (1 Thess 5:21).

A religion isn't just something you decide in five minutes, it's an important subject which can evolve trough the rest of your life. Having doubts is normal, just take your time to find an answer.
If you consider yourself a christian, you should ask yourself if you would be ashamed if Jesus suddenly rang your doorbell and found you doing whatever you're doing (like listening to black metal). If you don't think that what you're doing could stand in the way of your relation with God or Jesus, I don't think you should change your habits.

Oh, to answer your question, I'm neither with God or with Satan, I'm a simple agnostic girl who thinks about religion way too much (but than again, I study theology, so I would have a problem if I wouldn't think about religion).
Iriacynthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 12:43 PM   #37
cannibalnuns

I have read that, but I have come to believe religion serves as a moral guideline and hope. No offense intended for anyone as well. I have no problem with religions so as long as we are clear on that. I am just offering something and it might not even be worth the excrement of a snail.

There is mention of historical facts in the bible, though there is little proof of any divine miracles. There is still evidence that evolution took place, though no other artifacts or evidence has been found. It is all a matter of explaining what can and can't be explained. Something invented to give man re-assurance and to help him cope with fears he can't fathom. It is simply a matter of morals and they vary with each human being or even a group of individuals.

Whose side am I on? I am on my side and the side of true friends and family. If I do anything and get anything it is not by some miracle. If I get a job and one I like it is because I went out and did the work to get it. Praying is nothing but a comfort to me, something to help ease your mind and make you feel safe. Something that makes you believe someone is listening when nobody else is there to comfort you. But in regards to God and Lucifer, I’d say neither but Lucifer seems to have the most fun.

Religion is not for everyone as Santarea said and also I believe that Circle V pointed out it was based on a moral standpoint (if I remember correctly). So music is fair game, Christians have black metal bands (which I find funny). I would say it was more or less based on the rules that the religion followed. And yes some music is evil in regards to the guidelines of some religions. “I shit on your cross” for example or something like that, would be blasphemy. That would be a sin. And I am rambling…..

In short, those Ten Commandments are just guidelines how one should live. However looking at Anglican beliefs you can be as devious as you want and sin as much as you like. I believe the bible states there are different levels for those who make it to the pearly gates. But do not quote me on that, I do not remember to much and I am to lazy to look it up.

All that is required to be a Christian if that is what you are wondering is one simple step. Accept that Jesus is the way and believe in him. Accept him as your own personal savior and ask him for forgiveness. If I recall correctly the criminals on both sides at the crucifixion, one repented and was saved. As long as you believe Jesus died on the cross for your sins as far as most Christian (Anglican) religions go (Presbyterian, Baptist, Episcopalian, Protestant, etc).

However Catholicism is a bit different and though Christian religions believe in doing good works it is believing Christ died for the worlds sins that really matters. I think Catholics believe that salvation is not only achieved through faith but good works as well. They are a bit more traditional and even stricter than Anglican churches. Also the book or oral teachings are not solely of God rather it is the church. I am not saying much on Catholicism, I do not remember too much about what I learned of it.

But again that is simply what I think and not true say for Catholics. I’d say listen to your black metal and the likes. This is something I feel only you can find your path. All we can do is offer help and ideas. I hope this made some sense.

Again I apologize if I stepped on toes. It was simply my input on relgion.
Firmness in enduring and exertion is a character I always wish to possess. I have always despised the whining yelp of complaint and cowardly resolve.- Robert Burns
cannibalnuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 12:48 PM   #38
Wise Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannibalnuns
All that is required to be a Christian if that is what you are wondering is one simple step. Accept that Jesus is the way and believe in him. Accept him as your own personal savior and ask him for forgiveness. If I recall correctly the criminals on both sides at the crucifixion, one repented and was saved. As long as you believe Jesus died on the cross for your sins as far as most Christian (Anglican) religions go (Presbyterian, Baptist, Episcopalian, Protestant, etc).
Now you're just sucking up to Brother Shamatra. Very subtle though, slipping it between all those other points *poke poke*

Old 02-07-2006, 12:54 PM   #39
cannibalnuns

Well I am the "Mouth of God". -poke-
Firmness in enduring and exertion is a character I always wish to possess. I have always despised the whining yelp of complaint and cowardly resolve.- Robert Burns
Old 02-07-2006, 12:58 PM   #40
Wise Child

Just the mouth? Bah! I am the flaming sword.

Wait ... the mouth of God can probably stop the instrument of death with a word...

*big scared eyes* Somebody hold me... I pissed off the Mouth Almighty. It doesn't get much scarier...

Old 02-07-2006, 01:10 PM   #41
cannibalnuns

Xng is the new mouth of God. -snort- I relinquish my position.

Flaming Sword, well Gabriel watch where you swing that thing!
Old 02-07-2006, 01:12 PM   #42
WolfMoon

You people and your gigantic fucking posts!

I can't read it all before work.

Old 02-07-2006, 02:04 PM   #43
emeraldlonewoulf

If you want a real answer, you have to ask the people involved. In other words, God, and your self. You have to be honest with your self about what this music means to you. You have to look inside your soul and decide if you are really happy with the state of things. And you have to ask God. No one here can give you a real answer. Prayer. That is your key. God answers prayer, but you have to be willing to listen to it. You have to be willing o accept an answer you won't like in order to understand it. That doesn't necessarily mean you won't like it. You may love it, you may not understand the why of it all, but listen. Pray. I'm serious, it will help. Pray for guidance, for understanding. and strength. But understand that what you ask for is taught, not given.

On another note, I love metal. I love dark metal, speed metal, and eighties hair bands. I like ICP. I am not a fan of so called Christian rock, because the depth of faith and explosive feeling do not show through. I do not like most Christian churches, because they do not deal with a true, spirit shaking, genuine faith. I am a Christian. You have to ask yourself what the rhetorical words mean. What do it mean to "ask Jesus into your heart?" that phrase has been over worked so much.
Also "building a relationship with Christ". What is that? Really being a Christian is living it, and I cannot explain it all the way. The best thing I can give you for that is to get a red-letter edition bible and look at the words recorded from Christ himself. Not what eveyone else says and does, but what he says and does. I think you may be surprised. All I know, is that when I strive for that type of existence, I feel alive, and anything else, no mater how intense, doesn't provide me the true joy, the mere happiness in being alive, than it does. It boils down to perspective, to how you look at the world. This is what Christ showed us. It is up to us whether we see it or not, and I think that is the difference between letting Jesus in or turning him away.
I wish you the best in the most important journey of all, the spiritual. Everything you are is founded on it, or the lack of it. Good luck.

question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper of Death
(shouts) WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG??!!?
answer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneath the Shadows
Because some people are dicks. And not everyone else is gay.
emeraldlonewoulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 02:08 PM   #44
emeraldlonewoulf

Also, to any one looking for theological texts that make some sense, try the books by C.S. Lewis. (Yes, the Chronicles of Narnia guy.) Mere Christianity explains basic real Christian concepts in clear, understandable language. The Screwtape Letters are intriguing. Let me know what you think.

question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper of Death
(shouts) WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG??!!?
answer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneath the Shadows
Because some people are dicks. And not everyone else is gay.
emeraldlonewoulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 03:46 PM   #45
Godslayer Jillian

Well, it may have sound a little harsh, but I still think the same about who would chooste Satan: an idiot.
Satan is the Judeochristian devil, isn't it? And he, according to the bible, will be destroyed in the end of time.
So, anyone that knows this and roots for Satan is placing his bets on a match whose final scores have already been given.
And anyone else who roots for Satan just "wants to sound cool"

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 04:56 PM   #46
Eforce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
Well, it may have sound a little harsh, but I still think the same about who would chooste Satan: an idiot.
Satan is the Judeochristian devil, isn't it? And he, according to the bible, will be destroyed in the end of time.
So, anyone that knows this and roots for Satan is placing his bets on a match whose final scores have already been given.
And anyone else who roots for Satan just "wants to sound cool"
Read the bible, it says that they are more intelligent than the sons of god. You have to be strong enough to be alone, make pain be your friend, and the life of worshiping their devil and the way they stick to their belief, make them work, and staying true to theirselves. It's a really hard way to live, but they success on living it.
Eforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 05:14 PM   #47
angleangel_doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eforce
What about the Black metal issue?
What does black metal have to do with your religion?
Me, myself, do believe in God. I do, also, listen to a little black metal.
BUT black metal has not existed through 95 or so percent of the span of religion so....
where the fuck did you pull black metal from in corallation to religion?
angleangel_doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 06:56 PM   #48
Eforce

Quote:
Originally Posted by angleangel_doom
What does black metal have to do with your religion?
Me, myself, do believe in God. I do, also, listen to a little black metal.
BUT black metal has not existed through 95 or so percent of the span of religion so....
where the fuck did you pull black metal from in corallation to religion?
It's satanist, even Euronymous said it.
Old 02-07-2006, 07:17 PM   #49
anti

From what I understand, God is an egotistical bitch. If the lyrics of this black metal you're listening to happen to be derogatory to him, then chances are he won't be too enthusiastic to meet up with you in heaven.
Old 02-07-2006, 07:35 PM   #50
Eforce

Quote:
Originally Posted by anti
From what I understand, God is an egotistical bitch. If the lyrics of this black metal you're listening to happen to be derogatory to him, then chances are he won't be too enthusiastic to meet up with you in heaven.
Thats why i ask, he is like, love me or go to hell, even the ones that doesnt identify with one of the two sides go to hell because you didnt love him, thats pretty selfish