Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 06-20-2009, 12:37 PM   #1
Graveyard.Crow

star treck?

how come no one made a mention of that yet
that movie was like delicious cake and getting a piercing at the same time
it was that good
Old 06-20-2009, 03:46 PM   #2
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
There have been several references in some threads, but you gotta hunt for them. Also yes it is just that good, which is why I'm using father's day as an excuse to take my dad to see it while getting to see it a second time.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 04:54 PM   #3
Graveyard.Crow

I swear on my name
I am going to marry a member of that fleet
guess which one?
Old 06-20-2009, 05:33 PM   #4
Renatus

Hmm.... Spock, but which one the original, or the new guy? Sure the new guy might be younger, but the old one can make anyone laugh.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Old 06-20-2009, 09:39 PM   #5
Graveyard.Crow

wrong
neither
Old 06-20-2009, 10:35 PM   #6
Renatus

Hu'tegh!
Hmm, Lt. Sulu for his swordfighting skills?

Old 06-20-2009, 11:40 PM   #7
Beneath the Shadows

Quote:
star treck

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 12:05 PM   #8
Graveyard.Crow

wrong )))
Old 06-21-2009, 12:30 PM   #9
Beneath the Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveyard.Crow View Post
wrong )))

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Old 06-21-2009, 01:00 PM   #10
KontanKarite

...Red Matter... Fucking dumb. The movie was still good.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 03:32 PM   #11
CountVonCount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneath the Shadows View Post
I'd hit both...at the same time.

Haven't seen the movie yet but I've been and always will be a trekkie fo lyf.
The series with Picard was my favorite, but Deep Space Nine was pretty good. Janeway was awesome. Enterprise...what a fail.
CountVonCount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 05:23 PM   #12
Renatus

In order of guessing Bones, Uhura, Chekov, Scotty, please note that I have been trying to avoid guessing Kirk.

Interesting fact: Martin Luther King was a Trekkie (or Trekker for those of you oddly inclined). The actress who played the original Uhura wanted to leave but Martin Luther King implored her to stay saying that he watched the show with his family because she was an inspirational figure to the black community as she was for the first black woman to serve as a main character with a mixed race cast.

Old 06-22-2009, 04:16 PM   #13
Graveyard.Crow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus View Post
In order of guessing Bones, Uhura, Chekov, Scotty, please note that I have been trying to avoid guessing Kirk.

Interesting fact: Martin Luther King was a Trekkie (or Trekker for those of you oddly inclined). The actress who played the original Uhura wanted to leave but Martin Luther King implored her to stay saying that he watched the show with his family because she was an inspirational figure to the black community as she was for the first black woman to serve as a main character with a mixed race cast.
chekov but now that you mention Uhura, I put her on the list
Old 06-22-2009, 06:02 PM   #14
Renatus

I'll assume you mean the newer versions.

for any inquiring minds I leave the following information at your desposal

Chekov is played by Anton Yelchin, born March 11th 1989 In Leningrade USSR. Since the late 1990s he has held 15 roles. In Star Trek he employs a fake "russian" accent. I use quotation marks due to the fact that he and Abhrams felt it was more Polish than Russian.

Uhura is played by Zoe Saldaña born June 19th 1978. She has held 23 roles since 2000 including a minor speaking role in the first Pirates of the Carribean as the pirate who joins Jack's crew in order to make sure he repays her for the sinking of her ship, and is promsied the interceptor in return for assistance in the retrieval of the black Pearl. It is interesting to note that in the Tom Hanks comedy drama The Terminal she plays a security officer who is a Star Trek fan. However in real life she has never seen Star Trek before and required assistance from the original Uhura and her Trekkie mother.

Her mother must be extremely thrilled and proud to have a daughter filling such a big roll, any fan can learn Klingon, or buy an authentic combadge, but how many can say they raised the actress who plays the new Uhura. That reminds me of this scene http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K02O02NqndE

Old 06-23-2009, 11:14 PM   #15
Graveyard.Crow

AWE aren't you sweet
and it was sew Russian
I am Russian so my opinion counts, mkayyyy
Old 06-23-2009, 11:47 PM   #16
Opteron_Man

TNG yeah! I remember seeing the movie St: Generations in 1996.
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 08:58 AM   #17
Sinjob

I enjoyed the movie, I'm not ashamed to admit it haha.
It was good to the point that you didn't have to be a trekkie or know everything about the series to enjoy it, you just had to pay attention.
Sinjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 01:06 PM   #18
DemiGoth

I've always like starwars over star treck. but the movie got really good ratings and such so i wouldn't mind seeing it. it looked good too.
DemiGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 11:39 PM   #19
CptSternn

Didn't like the new one. You should never screw with the original storyline of any movie. Deciding to rewrite the storyline from scratch as they did reminds me of what happened to Spiderman (the comic).

Bad form IMHO.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 11:47 PM   #20
Renatus

Eh I wouldnt really say they screwed with it, throughout Star Trek alternate universes, time travel, and other similar what not have been commonplace. If anything forbidding them to make a series of movies based on an alternate universe would be rewriting the storyline more. Actually if you think about it, it isn't a rewrite, since the main universe is essential to the plot of the movie.

Also in Star Trek cannon it goes by the theory of multiple universes existing at once with occasional overlaps between the universes.

Old 09-02-2009, 01:08 PM   #21
Beneath the Shadows

For anyone interested, Star Trek is returning to IMAX for a limited engagement this Friday.

Details and theaters in the following link:

http://trekmovie.com/2009/09/01/star...d-limited-run/

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Old 09-02-2009, 01:34 PM   #22
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus View Post
Eh I wouldnt really say they screwed with it, throughout Star Trek alternate universes, time travel, and other similar what not have been commonplace. If anything forbidding them to make a series of movies based on an alternate universe would be rewriting the storyline more. Actually if you think about it, it isn't a rewrite, since the main universe is essential to the plot of the movie.

Also in Star Trek cannon it goes by the theory of multiple universes existing at once with occasional overlaps between the universes.
I thought that was brilliant that they made an excuse not to follow the original storyline like that, now they can do anything.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 04:40 PM   #23
Mr E Nigma

And, technically, they followed the original storyline to the T... to me this is like what happened after the original series ended.. spock went back in time... to stop nero from corrupting history, which did get slightly altered due to his happenings.

The story technically follows continuity of the show, while at the same time giving a possibility of a show reboot... that's genius, in my opinion.