Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 10-05-2007, 05:33 AM   #26
TopHaggardDoll

HAHAHA! One Halloween my brother went to a costume party and ALL the girls were dressed as playboy bunnies.

Pure brilliance.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:46 AM   #27
ForgetThisLostLenore

Quote:
Originally Posted by raggedyanne
I'm going as Edgar himself! Post pics of your costume please. It sounds brilliant.
I'm going as one of the victims of the Red Death. I'm going to wear a ballgown and a mask with blood seeping out from underneath it. My friend's going as the Red Death.
ForgetThisLostLenore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 09:28 PM   #28
raggedyanne

Wow! That sounds really cool. Do you mean one of those Scream masks, or something else? The Red Death. Lol. Me Likey.
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 10:06 PM   #29
L'Oiseau Noir

Quote:
I'm going as Edgar himself! Post pics of your costume please. It sounds brilliant.

Oh, I most definitely will. There's this lovely little chapel at St. Andrews Graveyard, which would make the most delightful backdrop for the picture. It's an aged gothic structure made of weathered stone, with thick stain glass windows, and large double oaken doors. I believe it was built somewhere in the mid-nineteenth century, and if I was to snap a shot on the stairs, I believe it would do my costume justice.

Also, I would love to see your Poe costume. =)

Just remember the most important accessories--a bottle of Bourbon in one hand, and a quill pen in the other!

"I love Wagner, but the music I prefer is that of a cat hung up by its tail outside a window and trying to stick to the panes of glass with its claws." - Charles Baudelaire

L'Oiseau Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 10:46 PM   #30
raggedyanne

It's more of a loose interpretation of poe. Black mini dress with poet sleeves and high neckline; I've decided to wear on of my corsets over that, black stockings, and black boots that come up to my shin. I'm looking for a walking stick and I'm going to carry around a scarily realistic looking raven. I live in a conservative (fashion-wise) area, so I have to be pretty straightforward when it comes to symbolism. I'll try to post pics as soon as possible.
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 03:26 AM   #31
Bete Noire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero
'Kinky Lobster'

Now that I have to seee
Bete Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 08:33 AM   #32
ForgetThisLostLenore

Quote:
Wow! That sounds really cool. Do you mean one of those Scream masks, or something else? The Red Death. Lol. Me Likey.
It's going to be a half mask, black with beading, and I'm thinking of putting feathers on the top. It shall be lovely. I'm going to look very masquerade-ish, and my friend's wearing a corset, red and black skirt, and a skull mask
ForgetThisLostLenore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 10:18 AM   #33
moonlightrose

I was going to be an evil Snow White (people think I look like Snow White), but I couldn't find the costume anywhere except the store that was sold out, so I'm going as "Malice" in Wonderland. It's a black and white dress (I bought an extra petticoat for it), black and white checkered tights, black platform mary janes, and I'll probably have super thick eyeliner and have it like dripping down my face or something and red lipstick.

The rabbit idea is cool. =)
moonlightrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 01:08 AM   #34
Heatherzilla

I finished the hair for my costume. No idea what else I'm gonna wear though. And a picture just so you can see what a retard I really look like.

Heatherzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 09:19 AM   #35
OCD Insomnia

My thought as being a dead hooker is revealing...but in my opinion humerous. Plus, what's better that being a corpse AND dressing like in on my way to rocky horror picture show? Awww... I'm spewing excuses for myself... but I agree, people use holloween as a time for an excuse to dress like an uber slut and strut.
OCD Insomnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 11:55 AM   #36
Hollow McGrave

Talking halloweeeenies

i try to make my halloween day as different as it can befrome the past ones.and since
i am usually dressed as something dead,i dresset up last year as a
twisted urologist.we have this cool halloween parties at school every year and i really scared people of. couse i walked arround with my scissors and blodded-up doctor gloves and asked people if they R 4 a free circumcision.
i also had a doctor suit all in bloood stains,and goofy glasses and a bottle of yellow juice which had ˝piss˝ written on.
these year i am going as a scubbadiver.=sooo goth,ey!!pfffff
Hollow McGrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 11:57 AM   #37
Graveyard.Crow

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCD Insomnia
My thought as being a dead hooker is revealing...but in my opinion humerous. Plus, what's better that being a corpse AND dressing like in on my way to rocky horror picture show? Awww... I'm spewing excuses for myself... but I agree, people use holloween as a time for an excuse to dress like an uber slut and strut.
And then there are people like me that don't even need Halloween.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:25 PM   #38
viscus

I wanted to be Dream from the Sandman comics, but I'm reticent to buy the $300 contact lenses I would need and butcher my hair into a Robert Smith hairstyle.

I'll probably just end up being a vampire again. *yawn*
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 07:34 AM   #39
Tristanna

Vampires are always good, do you have teeth for it?

Im so excited about next weekend for halloween fun!
Tristanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 04:45 AM   #40
Tristanna

yay i just found out thers a halloween part on saturday so i get to wear my bee costume. Ill take photos
Old 10-22-2007, 04:18 PM   #41
Killer_Burrito

Haha. It's kinda lame...but.. I'm going to be a Slytherin Quidditch Player. XD With Strappy HIGH Demonia boots. Awesome.
;D
Killer_Burrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 06:07 AM   #42
Zenit

*whispers* I'm going as a butterfly....

"Nutrizone can kiss my pale, decayed ass"
-Draconysius
Zenit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 06:37 AM   #43
chelseagirl

I'm going to be a nurse. Yeah, I know, real original, lol! I have this vinyl nurse outfit that I bought from Lip Service 8 years ago. I wore it once, then promptly packed on 20 pounds, and have never been able to fit into it since. I recently lost that damn 20 pounds, so I figured it would make me feel good to wear it this Halloween. I'm just hoping the Transmuter nurse panels I ordered get here in time. I'm just finishing up some loose human hair falls to go with it.

I really want to be a cenobite next year, but that will take a lot of planning.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:27 AM   #44
c130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer_Burrito
Haha. It's kinda lame...but.. I'm going to be a Slytherin Quidditch Player. XD With Strappy HIGH Demonia boots. Awesome.
;D
Friggin' awsome, not lame. Go Slytherin!

Pfft, if I dress up it'll just be the standard trenchcoat, black clothes and goggles outfit that I'm too sensible to wear like regular clothes these days.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:50 AM   #45
honeythorn

I would LOVE to see someone dressed as a Jam sandwhich, or an aubergine or something.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 11:21 AM   #46
viscus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristanna
Vampires are always good, do you have teeth for it?

Im so excited about next weekend for halloween fun!
I have prosthetic fangs, if that's what you mean.
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 10:53 AM   #47
Underwater Ophelia

I have a question: what would some cute ideas for my grandma be? She doesn't want to spend money on a costume, but wants a little something to wear to her senior center. Any ideas?
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 12:46 PM   #48
Draconysius

I'd kind of like to go as Gumby from Monty Python's Flying Circus. It would be a cheap costume. Overalls, handkerchief, rainboots, and a thrift store cardigan.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=pgfbCyLXrBk
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 05:32 PM   #49
Cicero

I went as Gumby when I was 7 years old, haha. I still have that dear little handkerchief...

Don't forget the Hitler moustache and the funny voice!

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 07:57 PM   #50
Tristanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
I have a question: what would some cute ideas for my grandma be? She doesn't want to spend money on a costume, but wants a little something to wear to her senior center. Any ideas?

She could make a red cape and have a basket and be little red riding hood.

Thats a really tough one, not sure !