Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 10-12-2005, 10:20 PM   #1
Daedalus

Deus Ex

I am wondering, has anyone played this game, or even heard of it? I was reading somewhere it was completely gone from the net, so I am searching to see if there is anyone like me who is a fan of the game?
Daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 05:11 AM   #2
MrMaelstrom

I'm a fan. I played the game and love it, but, alas, my PC doesn't have enough hoomph for the sequel, seen as the graphics are very heavy....

Old 10-13-2005, 06:50 AM   #3
Star of Blight

Don't worry Mael. Being a Deus Ex fanatic, and having played both of them...I can honestly say that you didn't miss anything in not being able to play the sequel. Granted, I'm really jaded when it comes to video games of any kind.
Star of Blight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 07:00 AM   #4
Daedalus

I played the Sequel, and I liked the storyline, but other than that, it completely sucked. Not to say bitchslapping the head of the WTO wasn't fun.
Old 10-13-2005, 08:11 PM   #5
AlKilyu

The sequel was FAR better than the original. In the first one, at one point in the game you have to turn to the other side no matter what. In the sequel, you could do whatever the hell you wanted thru out the whole game. That, and a lot of work went into the physics of the engine in the second one, making it technically better than the damn buggy Unreal engine.

Plus at the end of the first, you fuck the world over no matter what you choose. You have something like six possibilities for the end, some good for mankind, some not.

And I was WTO both times I played it.
AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 03:50 PM   #6
Daedalus

Actually, you have....5 endings? Illuminati, WTO, Templar, the Omar, and the "Secret", danceclub ending, where I hope you save your game before you execute the cheat. I think that the first one was better, even though the graphics werent the best, the physics wasn't the best, because it seemed more real to me, as if I could go out, and witness some of this stuff happen. The event's in Inivisble war made me feel like it was just another Sci-Fi shoot, but who knows, it's all opinion.
Old 10-14-2005, 04:33 PM   #7
AlKilyu

Erm...does it have something to do with that gay politician? I only played the XBox version because I got tired of PC games and having to buy new hardware for my PC.
Old 10-14-2005, 04:34 PM   #8
Daedalus

There is a gay politican? Are we talking about the secret ending, or something else?
Old 10-15-2005, 08:31 PM   #9
AlKilyu

Yeah, he solicits you and if you say yes, you get a key to his room. Nothing happens other than you get to get into that area without hacking or breaking in.

OHHH the disco party ending? The one you have to...that was in the first game what is their obsession with flushing flags down toilets?
Old 10-16-2005, 07:06 AM   #10
MrMaelstrom

Something anal, I gather... I don't retain much, so I forget
Old 10-16-2005, 08:58 PM   #11
Icarus

Oh Noes! The Innuendo! I shot the gay politician, not because he was homosexual, but because like all of the situations in Deus Ex: Invisible War, I had too much ammo in my pocket, and not enough kills. I loved going into the Wan Shai (Or something along those lines) club, and simply opening fire at the glass windows, which revealed the red dragon guys, who then became victims of my assualt rifle, until I found a Lord British style leader, and he refused to die, so I had to run, away, very far away.
Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 04:27 PM   #12
Velvet Cyberpunk

I am just bumping this thread since making a new one would be annoying. Anyway, Deus Ex is my favorite game of all time. Actually, I'm playing through it again for the I don't know how many time.

Is anyone excited about Deus Ex 3? I hear it's going to be a prequel, and Eidos has assured everyone that it's going back to the original formula, and learning from the mistakes they made in Invisible war.
Velvet Cyberpunk is offline   Reply With Quote