Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 06-25-2010, 09:58 PM   #1
Vision

A newbie to this culture.

Hello, all.

I'm Nicole.

I think Gothic culture to be very beautiful and alluring. And yet, I know not how to integrate myself into it, and it into me. I am incredibly serious about this matter.

I'm 16 years old, and I'm not an imbecille, but I feel like one when approaching something so beautiful and so unknown.

I have a very bright, sunny, 'flowery' side of me. Almost a hippie.

The other part of me feels an inexplicable joy at night. It loves finnish rock, as well as deep music comprised of minor and locrian scales, and so on. It also loves Edgar Allen Poe. (I cannot stress that one enough.) It is, and will always be, in love with Gothic culture.

In general, I love to read, stargaze, play piano, and the ukelele. I feel almost like I'm engulfed in a hazy high during day, and in a clear joy at night.

In life, I have many things I'd like to accomplish, such as...
learning about herbs, owning and managing my own theater, composing music to my heart's content, and loving a lot.
Vision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 11:31 PM   #2
Dying To Bleed

Hi Vision! I'm also a newbie, I joined yesterday. And yes we are Baby G0ths. We have mutualism in how we feel about this culture and one thing we have in common is Music!! I play 2 drums a Trit0m and Snare, and I can also play the Trumpet, not as go0d as the drums though. I also play the Marimba and Steel drums, they are great!
Well, even though I am n0t really into theatre, I enjoy public speaking and stuff like that.
Let's expl0re this culture!
Dying To Bleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 09:36 AM   #3
TheFeatheredÆtheling

Greetings to the both of you. Since you're new, I have to warn you that gnet is full of the most desperate madness, and it can get a bit rough if you take things too seriously. But I say "welcome", and I hope that you'll find what you're looking for.
TheFeatheredÆtheling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 10:16 AM   #4
Vision

Thanks dudes. =D
Old 06-26-2010, 10:17 AM   #5
Vision

I appreciate your advice. I'll keep it in mind, but It might get a bit mangeled. I'm heartily mad too. *.*
Old 06-26-2010, 10:18 AM   #6
Vision

And Dying To Bleed, It's awesome that you play the drums. Im not a very good percussionist myself though, haha. Can't wait to explore. ^_~
Old 06-26-2010, 01:21 PM   #7
Dying To Bleed

TheFathered, that's cool of u to mension! And @Vision, (€_~)
Old 06-26-2010, 02:24 PM   #8
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dying To Bleed View Post
We have mutualism in how we feel
Don't use words you don't know what they mean.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 02:26 PM   #9
JCC

You definitely sound like an imbecile.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 02:28 PM   #10
Breathless Horror

I'll go ahead and be the first big dick here and tell you you should probably check out some Goth Rock, the general consensus here being (last I bothered to check) that goth is primarily a musical subculture. Siouxsie and the Banshees, Christian Death, London After Midnight, and The Mob are a good start, and should give you a pretty over-arching idea of the musical aspect of things, though they by no means cover all the styles of goth music.

That being said, welcome to g-net Nicole If you can deal with some snarkiness you should do okay here.

A prank a day keeps the dog leash away - Jello Biafra

I want your skulls! I NEED your skulls! - Misfits
Breathless Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 03:03 PM   #11
Dying To Bleed

What's with this black people shit!!!? I'm a blAck g0th... WhAt's Up wIth thAt?
Old 06-26-2010, 04:54 PM   #12
TheFeatheredÆtheling

Don't worry, Dying To Bleed; Alan didn't mean to insult your race (those are someone else's quotes; don't ask). However, as I said earlier, gnet is a rough place. The level of rudeness here is utterly astonishing sometimes.
TheFeatheredÆtheling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 04:59 PM   #13
Dying To Bleed

@TheFeather, yeah u did mensi0n it earlier. I guess s0me pe0ple are w0rth just being IGNORED!!! *huff* Stupid asses!
Old 06-26-2010, 05:03 PM   #14
Alan

What the fuck, dude? You don't understand how quotes work and we're the stupid ones?
How old are you?

And once again, don't ever use the word mutualism, because you clearly don't know what it means.
real classy
Old 06-26-2010, 05:19 PM   #15
Dying To Bleed

Alan what ever business u are having problems with, please s0rt it out! I made and error in my writing, s0 what? N0t everybody is designed t0 be perfect!
Just because I'm BLACK, it doesn't mean I don't have the right to be here or be a g0th! This is a frEE w0rld, if you don't like it cUT yourself! Better yet c0mit suicide! English is not my mother tongue, ISIZULU is my language, I just learnt English to make it easier for you to understand what I'm "trying" to say!
Udlala ukugula wena Alan! Uyacasula! Ungenza nginyanye, umhlaba ungaba ngcono uma ungekho!
Did you understand that? N0!!! Well that's my language. English is optional to me.
So don't be a dick head by putting me down, because I'm trying my best to communicate using English here.
Old 06-26-2010, 05:20 PM   #16
Alan

I never said anything about you being black, you fucking idiot.

Learn to read or get the fuck out of here.
real classy
Old 06-26-2010, 05:32 PM   #17
Dying To Bleed

Whatever racist crap! You insinuated the concept of me being black, you can read up I don't have time to copy and paste. If you were decent and not an imbecile, you would have told me PROPERLY that I had made an error! But since you are an English "pro" you decided to insult me! Just pure stupidity! For your knowledge, I can read quite well! You get out of this place, because I certainly wont...
Old 06-26-2010, 06:16 PM   #18
Alan

Seriously dude, shut the fuck up. I'll try to explain it once more just because of the rule of three.
Every time I post, three quotes appear on my signature. They're racist comments that Xjin said, followed by a hilarious cry that she's "not racist!"

I am in fact proving that a member in here is racist, and that's the whole fucking point of my signature.

Yo don't seem to fucking understand that, and you call a Mexican a racist when I did absolutely fucking nothing.

Do you understand now? If so, I demand an apology. If you still don't understand, just fuck off, because you're making a fool out of yourself.
real classy
Old 06-26-2010, 10:11 PM   #19
Mr E Nigma

Somehow after the first few posts I knew Jillian would be yelling at somebody.

Dying to Bleed. He's been on this site for a good few years. And we have all dealt with a lot of dumb people. I will say though, can you not do the whole zeros in your words and oddly capitalized letters mid-word. And I mean, he's got a point, if you're going to use a word without knowing it's definition, or having come up with your own connotative meaning to the original at least know what the original meaning is. Especially if it's not your first language, you don't want to accidentally insult someone! Well, it seems like you enjoy doing actually.

Jillian, he got you so riled up you had a typo... I mean the guy just doesn't understand quoting in a signature and is pegging you as a blatant racist when all you did was spot an error on his word usage which, for some fantastical reason, provoked him to insult you over and over and over and over and over again with quite little reason, if any at all.

No biggy right?
Old 06-26-2010, 10:55 PM   #20
ape descendant

Hey, I used to play the ukulele.. I loved it!!

Little one, figure out what you like, learn about the things you are interested in.... let your geek hang out. That is the first step. Be you. (great, now I sound like a freaking hippy XD)

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 12:02 AM   #21
Heretic

Quote:
What's with this black people shit!!!? I'm a blAck g0th... WhAt's Up wIth thAt?
If you ever come back (something I doubt considering the corner you painted yourself into), I have some advice for you when it comes to issues of race and being an ethnic minority in a subculture.

While there are indeed racist @ssholes out there, and they seem to come out of the woodwork on the internet, you should be very careful about jumping to conclusions. Not every word, statement, or message that deals with race or ethnicity is meant as an insult. As you discovered during your exchanges with Alan, context informs meaning. Without a clear idea of the intent or the circumstances surrounding a given statement, you have no cause to call someone out for what you assume are 'racist' statements. Attempting to do so only makes you look narrow-minded and hypersensitive.

I applaud your attempt to take a stand against what you perceived as a racist insult (namely, Alan's signature). However, in the future, pick your battles carefully and be absolutely sure your indignation is justified before you engage someone concerning this subject.

- Heretic
Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 04:36 AM   #22
Dying To Bleed

@ Mr Nigma, Heretic. Thank you for what you have both said. I will stop the capital letters between sentences.
@ Alan. If you claim to not be a racist, I will take a step down and apologise. So, I am sorry Alan. I guess I miss interpreted whatever you said. Please stop swearing.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:53 AM   #23
ape descendant

Quote:
@TheFeather, yeah u did mensi0n it earlier. I guess s0me pe0ple are w0rth just being IGNORED!!! *huff* Stupid asses!
Put me on ignore while you're at it, and I shall do the same for you.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 10:42 AM   #24
Razeal18

how very entertaining
Razeal18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 03:49 PM   #25
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision View Post
It also loves Edgar Allen Poe. (I cannot stress that one enough.)
If that were true then why did you misspell his name?

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote