Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 08-04-2010, 10:46 AM   #101
Sinjob

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnyxBat View Post
Look who's the retard now you can even spell Nigga and Nigga is not a real word only in the african american culture. And yes it was a racist You basically saying there so Black that at night you can not see them, which is not true.
Did you ever stop and wonder that maybe that my THOSE NIGGAS WILL GET HIT BY A CAR THAT IS WHY THERE ARE NO BLACK GOFFS post was a joke and I was being sarcastic. And had your IQ been that of a slightly LARGER insect you would have known that by saying NIGGA IS ONLY A REAL WORD IN AFRICAN AMERICAN CULTURE is BY FAR MORE RACIST THEN ANYTHING I HAVE BEEN SAYING.

Adjust your set.
Sinjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:56 AM   #102
OnyxBat

That was not sarcastic that was pure racisum and my IQ is quite larger... than yours but hey kudos for you, you finally came up with a creative insult!
But your grammer is way more off than mine, the only person who needs adjuting here is you.
OnyxBat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:04 AM   #103
Tam Li Hua

*ahem*

If I may..."Negro" and the other 'n' word are both real words, defined by the dictionary.

Official Definition of "Negro" by Merriam-Webster.

Official Definition of the other "N" word.

So yes, they are both real words, unfortunately. [I wish the last one wasn't, since it's an absolute horrible thing to call someone, and I hate it more than I hate country music.]
Old 08-04-2010, 11:05 AM   #104
OnyxBat

But "Nigga" is not real "******" is.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:18 AM   #105
Alan

Quote:
But "Nigga" is not real
You typed it. I'm reading it. How is it not real?
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:22 AM   #106
OnyxBat

Oh god! Is it in the dictonary? No so then it's not real!
Old 08-04-2010, 11:40 AM   #107
Tam Li Hua

The Urban Dictionary disagrees with you, Onyx.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:43 AM   #108
OnyxBat

Urban dictonary is just crap talk, look up any thing and they will just give you crap talk.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:47 AM   #109
Tam Li Hua

But it -is- right in that the word you're using is basically just a dumbed-down version of the original, and is just as insulting.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:50 AM   #110
OnyxBat

Yes it is.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:53 AM   #111
Anarasha

Anarasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 12:33 PM   #112
Azareal Crow

On the original Topic: Hi, I'm a West Indian American Goth and I live in NY. I know I have a large group of friends in the city who are all "non-white" Goths and because of this I have to take an opposite stance from you, I've seen and known and been friends with so many African American/Black Goths I don't know how you haven't seen one. Not if you live in the Tri-State area.
I don't think the color of one's skin has anything to do with whether a certain style looks good on any one. I've seen so many lighter skin people look horrible in "Goth wear" and I've seen just as many darker skinned people look amazing in the same thing. It's a matter of knowing your body and what does and doesn't look good on you and sometimes tweaking a style so it suits you more. As it was said already there are so many styles under the heading of "Goth" everyone of every race and skin tone should find something they look good in.

On the whole "Nigga" thing: I have to say from a linguistics stand point that if it is something that is widely used and recognizable with a meaning that is immediately understood by a group or culture, it is a word. Claiming that it is only a word to African Americans and so it is not a word is invalid because you wouldn't use that argument with any other culture.
If you need to go even simpler than that Nigga is merely the "N" word said in dialect.
Azareal Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 12:41 PM   #113
OnyxBat

Hi!
Yes I do live in the Tri-State area and the only time I see other goths is when I go to manhattan. But I do have to agree with you any person of any color would look good with the goth look.
Old 08-04-2010, 12:47 PM   #114
Anarasha

You cant' nescissarily tell a goth from "regular people" though.
Anarasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 12:59 PM   #115
OnyxBat

Yeah true there some people how don't dress goth but their taste in music and litreture can also tell if they are goth.
Old 08-04-2010, 04:33 PM   #116
Catch

You know I knew a Afro-American Goth in college and he wore black and white plaid sweaters. Without ever knowing each other a guy (who is also Afro-American) from school wore something similiar when he became Goth. There might be something there. I also enjoy black and white plaid patterns. Perhaps you should wear sweaters. Another popular preferrence is sweater vest with varying sizes on the stripe.

It's just a thought. Going to the club now and again, an Industrial guy dyes is corn rows blue and wear canvas military gear and combat boots like most Industrialites.
Old 08-04-2010, 04:43 PM   #117
OnyxBat

True but plaid is in now but still yeah totally right you really don't have to dress goth to be goth.
Old 08-04-2010, 05:33 PM   #118
Alan

Quote:
Oh god! Is it in the dictonary? No so then it's not real!
Jesus christ, that's fucking stupid!!
real classy
Old 08-04-2010, 05:58 PM   #119
OnyxBat

To you it is, to me it's not.
Old 08-04-2010, 06:16 PM   #120
Alan

No, fuck that shit. You are completely pulling an argument out of your ass and you're not going to justify it by saying "to me it makes sense"
How the fuck do you think the English language was created, dipshit? Do you think some god gave us the goddamn Oxford dictionary?
real classy
Old 08-04-2010, 06:25 PM   #121
Azareal Crow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
No, fuck that shit. You are completely pulling an argument out of your ass and you're not going to justify it by saying "to me it makes sense"
How the fuck do you think the English language was created, dipshit? Do you think some god gave us the goddamn Oxford dictionary?
*claps*
I agree this is how language is made
Old 08-04-2010, 07:26 PM   #122
Breathless Horror

Tam: "negro" isn't a racist term, at least I wouldn't consider it so. Unless you would consider caucasian to be a racist term as well.

Also, props to Allan as always for not taking any bullshit.

A prank a day keeps the dog leash away - Jello Biafra

I want your skulls! I NEED your skulls! - Misfits
Breathless Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 07:58 PM   #123
OnyxBat

No your the one pulling an argument out of your ass for commenting something so stupid ok. And I dont want to start shit with you. So I'm leaving it there.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:11 PM   #124
Azareal Crow

Quote:
Look who's the retard now you can even spell Nigga and Nigga is not a real word only in the african american culture. And yes it was a racist You basically saying there so Black that at night you can not see them, which is not true.
There really are people that dark, I know a few and you honestly can't see them at night. Especially if they're wearing black.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:49 PM   #125
Alan

Quote:
No your the one pulling an argument out of your ass
Really now? How so?
So language really doesn't exist if it's not on a dictionary? Why do new words keep appearing? How is that possible?!
real classy