Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 04-03-2005, 07:04 AM   #1
secretboy

Please don't bait the deranged.

I've gone and outright deleted several threads, which many of you know I'm loathe to do. I've also done another round of banning by IP address and username.

I'll do a better job of checking in here and locking down any errant usernames that come up.

Board members: If you see someone posting a lot of gibberish-like stuff, just ignore them. I know it's hard, but do it. There's a certain point where people are just doing it for the attention, even the negative kind.

Board moderators: Keep quietly locking down the threads started that are just long-winded rants, usually cut-and-pasted. I want to harvest the IP addresses, so don't delete them outright. Later I will come in and clean up the board.

Ok? Ok.

-s
Old 04-03-2005, 09:06 AM   #2
MrMaelstrom

Aye aye SIR!!!

10 bucks says youngvamp666 is the new alter-ego of the attention starved. It ended a few of its nicks like that.
Old 04-04-2005, 12:34 AM   #3
edible_eye

no, that's not me. that's one of the deranged, looking for some bait.

what will you do?

what would jesus do?
Old 04-04-2005, 02:52 AM   #4
pitseleh

I knew it was a bad idea the second I clicked on the 'post reply' button with this particular demented troll, but I just couldn't help it, he was so annoying.

And kudos to Mr. Maelström for attempting a diplomatic approach, that was real gallant. However, this one was obviously beyond the powers of reason and would never have become a member capable of contributing anything worthwhile to the forum.

In the future, I will abstain from baiting the unsane.
pitseleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 03:14 AM   #5
drgnlvr

*sigh* Alright, I'll leave the deranged alone (they scare me anyway).

But...can I still play cat and mouse with the regular trolls and whiners?

Please?
Old 04-04-2005, 05:14 AM   #6
akhira

No more practising my profanity on the deranged :cry: .
Got it Chief.
Old 04-04-2005, 02:12 PM   #7
ghostposts

I can't believe we're supposed to just bend over for these losers. "The Deranged" didn't need any encouragement. He posted volumns of shit...back to back, without any encouragement.

He didn't need baiting. He did it for shits and giggles, to shut us up, censor us and to piss us off. Now you are censoring us?

He got in our faces without provocation, and when we didn't respond, he just started a new thread or flooded an old one.

And We caused it? WTF???

I need to take a step back and think about this one for a while. It's your board, but you are wrong.

Under this edict, we will be running from thread to thread trying to find a place where we don't have to wade knee deep in his shit.

I'll be gone for a while till I cool off.
ghostposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 02:35 PM   #8
Solumina

We aren’t supposed to bend over for them, just don’t give them the satisfaction of knowing that they got under our skins.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 03:07 PM   #9
TeapotScar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostposts
I can't believe we're supposed to just bend over for these losers. "The Deranged" didn't need any encouragement. He posted volumns of shit...back to back, without any encouragement.

He didn't need baiting. He did it for shits and giggles, to shut us up, censor us and to piss us off. Now you are censoring us?

He got in our faces without provocation, and when we didn't respond, he just started a new thread or flooded an old one.

And We caused it? WTF???

I need to take a step back and think about this one for a while. It's your board, but you are wrong.

Under this edict, we will be running from thread to thread trying to find a place where we don't have to wade knee deep in his shit.

I'll be gone for a while till I cool off.
Woah now. I say chill. Each thread has a topic, these topics are subjects of conversation. Flames are made where flames are due, but there's no need to constantly concern yourself with idiots.

You seem like you're still a little excited over this... direct the animosity elsewhere, because Seth is awesome. And he's the one who has to clean up the messes (threads where you're "knee deep in shit"), so he's *completely* right in asking you not to make them bigger.

-Add me on myspace, because I'm pretty sure I've tried to add you! http://www.myspace.com/fermeztesyeux
TeapotScar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 07:25 PM   #10
ghostposts

He posted volumns of shit...back to back, without any encouragement.

He didn't need baiting. He did it for shits and giggles, to shut us up, censor us and to piss us off.

When we ignored him, he made new threads or flooded old ones.

If we ignore people like him, they will just shut the forum down by flooding it.

Consistantly? No one could keep up with him. In one encarnation, he posted 42 times inside of a few days. I was never that consistant. Nor was the only reason I posted to flame him.

As far as over reacting is conserned, he shit on the board, and he stalked and attacked people I considered friends. I will never take that lying down.
I would'nt be much of a friend if I did, so of course I'm pissed. Not at you or Seth. Only at this policy. And, of course I'm going to protest a policy I consider wrong. I apologise if you thought the anger was directed at Seth. It is directed at the policy.

The creep tried to censor us, then attacked us when we wouldn't shut up. No one started this but him, and he didn't need baiting to keep it going. He was in full swing when I had been off line for hours.

I'm leaving for a while, because I still believe this is wrong. I stand by that. You are entitled to your beliefs, and I have mine.
ghostposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 09:35 PM   #11
TeapotScar

Don't you think that's being a little drastic? You'll be missed...

-Add me on myspace, because I'm pretty sure I've tried to add you! http://www.myspace.com/fermeztesyeux
Old 04-04-2005, 10:05 PM   #12
AlKilyu

ghostposts don't leave. Don't let that troll get to you. We will eat trolls as he and doo doo them out...no worries... ^_^

Stick around!
AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 10:08 PM   #13
edible_eye

secret has always preached the rule of non-engagement. it's to be expected in a case like this, kind of like getting a speeding ticket every once in a while just to remind you that yes, there are rules despite the fact you drive 20 miles per hour over the speed limit every time you're behind the wheel.

things like that thing that was just here absolutely will generate shit here, no matter how it is engaged - that's true. it gets off on being a "virus", of sorts.

don't park your car and not drive again, just because you got a speeding ticket. not over this, anyway since it was a group ticket. whatever IT was, it's not worth abandoning something you enjoy - that is, if this place brings you any sort of joy.

secret gets hot under the collar too sometimes, and lashes out as well. there's no speaking down from on-high going on there, from my experience.

relax. take a cruise. climb a mountain and find buddha. worse things will come your way, given time.

and hey - thanx for having my back when you did. it wasn't necessary, but it was appreciated.
Old 04-04-2005, 10:12 PM   #14
edible_eye

hey, look at that! the last three posters were teapot, alkilyu and me. what an awesome threesome!

oh... yes, i was talking about sex.
Old 04-05-2005, 01:14 AM   #15
skoteinh

Quote:
Originally Posted by edible_eye
I'd be surprised if you weren't, e_e!
Old 04-05-2005, 04:20 AM   #16
edible_eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoteinh
I'd be surprised if you weren't, e_e!
thanx for knowing me so well.
Old 04-05-2005, 07:15 AM   #17
skoteinh

That's right!

C'mon xng babe, let's go *pout*

e_e: you're not invited.
Old 04-05-2005, 10:17 AM   #18
TeapotScar

Quote:
hey, look at that! the last three posters were teapot, alkilyu and me. what an awesome threesome!

e_e- I heart the way you think. I'll be in a three-some with you and Al anyday, as long as you guys don't mind a nymphomaniac who's obsessed with swall...oh, well you know..

skote- No fair! Share the hottness!

Old 04-05-2005, 10:17 AM   #19
edible_eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoteinh
That's right!

C'mon xng babe, let's go *pout*

e_e: you're not invited.

ouch.
Old 04-05-2005, 10:20 AM   #20
edible_eye

ah, teapot - should'a known you'd ride in on your white horse to save the day. and i don't mind a bit that you're obsessed with swall... oh well, i know.
Old 04-05-2005, 05:37 PM   #21
Solumina

Mind if I come help you practice?
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 05:57 PM   #22
AlKilyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
I have no idea what posessed me to structure my sentence like that... but the sentiment remains the same.

Skote? We should have an oral test... see who's better. We'll practice on each other?

wow... that wasn't even trying to be an innuendo.

It could be a game of Russian Roulate...the winner (loser?) gets to swall...oh, well you know..
AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 11:56 PM   #23
skoteinh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
Skote? We should have an oral test... see who's better. We'll practice on each other?
You're on!

.... but I believe it's a win-win situation

I guess we'll both get to swall.... oh well, you know...
Old 04-06-2005, 12:07 AM   #24
edible_eye

how 'bout if i just cum and take pictures? we can post 'em in the pic post.
Old 04-06-2005, 12:09 AM   #25
skoteinh

Quote:

ouch.
Okay, okay, if you're gonna make a fuss about it....

we may let you watch.

And maybe, if you're a good boy, we might let you swall... oh, you already said you know...