Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 04-26-2006, 10:18 PM   #1
Goth_tiff

Unhappy Goth=unusual culture in Hong Kong?

Any asians here? Esp. Hong Kong-ers!
I became fascinated with Gothic few months ago. Yet, my frds think that Gothic is HORRIBLE!

In fact, I think Gothic is also a kind of fashion.
I don't know why people see Hip Hop lovers as stylish guys while seeing Gothic lovers as weirdo!(I dun mean any offense to Hip Hop lovers cuz I wear Hip Hop clothes when dancing too.)

Sometimes I wanna talk about Gothic fashion and music with my frds, but none of them want to. Last month I bought a mini Pullip, Noir. She is dressed up in Gothic style. When my parents saw it, they nearly try to throw it away!

Sigh...is there any Gothic lovers in Hong Kong??
Goth_tiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 10:53 PM   #2
Magpie_Tendencies

Hi tiff.

Why don't you go introduce yourself in the introductions forum before making a thread and you may find that you'll recieve more friendly replies.

By the way, 'frds' and 'dun' are not words. This is a literary website so try to make your posts legible.
Old 04-27-2006, 03:43 AM   #3
Goth_tiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magpie_Tendencies
Hi tiff.

Why don't you go introduce yourself in the introductions forum before making a thread and you may find that you'll recieve more friendly replies.

By the way, 'frds' and 'dun' are not words. This is a literary website so try to make your posts legible.
Sorry for using "frds" n "dun", since I was typing the post in the library, I couldn't use too much time, others were waiting for the computer also. That's why I try to use "icq language" to save time.

Anyway, do I need to delete my post?
Old 04-27-2006, 03:53 AM   #4
Goth_tiff

Sorry. As a Chinese, my English is really bad. I understand my poor English will only contaminate this website.
I promise I am not going to make any more post here.

Please forgive me.
Old 04-27-2006, 03:56 AM   #5
Morrigan_Dubh

No need to delete it, but head over to the Introductions section, read the " Introduce yourself here. Share a little bio..." thread. Then you we can welcome you properly into the community. You will find some interesting people from all over the world here. This board is a literary board, so fashion and music is not the focus here, but if you like reading and are a well-rounded person we might find common ground.
Old 06-18-2006, 04:03 AM   #6
Immortal_Death

Hey Goth-Tiff, I see you live in Hong Kong. Well, I live in Guangzhou, but it doesnt matter. Maybe this Summer, I'll see you..I dont know..
Old 06-19-2006, 01:17 AM   #7
Immortal_Death

O yeah, dont be afraid of showing off gothic subculture.
Old 06-19-2006, 01:42 AM   #8
happy_dude

Location: I'm underneath the sink, now what do you think, living under my sink?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goth_tiff
I promise I am not going to make any more post here.

Please forgive me.
Thank you for ressurecting a long dead thread.
He's gone man, just let it go.
Old 06-19-2006, 01:55 AM   #9
Morrigan_Dubh

I don't see the harm in resurrecting old threads. It's better than starting a new one... But yes, this little one ran away whimpering in pain after "contaminating" the forum... It is a pity that some people are over-sensitive to criticism...
Old 06-19-2006, 06:22 AM   #10
Sanctus Dei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magpie_Tendencies
Hi tiff.

Not that I want to be a 'nit pik', but as I understand it the word "legible" directly references a persons physical handwriting style, not their grammatical achievements. Note: I only correct to point out and solve hypocrisy.
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 07:34 AM   #11
euclis_dian

Wow...I happen to be from Hong Kong...I just moved to Canada in September 2005...less than a year ago.

I know, Goth culture seems extremely un-welcomed in Hong Kong...but done well, is best done in Hong Kong...simply because there are very few posers/wannabes.

What do you think of my view, fellow Hong Kong Chinese? ^_^
euclis_dian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 09:54 PM   #12
Magpie_Tendencies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanctus Dei
Not that I want to be a 'nit pik', but as I understand it the word "legible" directly references a persons physical handwriting style, not their grammatical achievements. Note: I only correct to point out and solve hypocrisy.
answers.com says: Possible to read or decipher (of handwriting or print).

I think I used it in the right context because I didn't understand what she had printed... Let me know if I'm wrong. I don't mind the nit picking.
Old 08-01-2006, 02:18 PM   #13
insertwittyname

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan_Dubh
I don't see the harm in resurrecting old threads. It's better than starting a new one... But yes, this little one ran away whimpering in pain after "contaminating" the forum... It is a pity that some people are over-sensitive to criticism...
It would be nice though if some people were to reprimand other people's mistakes nicely so they don't run off embarrased to show their faces. Be civil, not one of those bitches that sit next to you in class that's a cheerleader or in ASB that goes "you do know that the leather mini looks skanky, you look like a hooker." Not cool.