Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Literature
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Literature Please come visit. People get upset, write poetry about it, and post it here. Sometimes we also talk about books.

Old 07-18-2010, 08:30 AM   #26
Jochon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apathy's_Child View Post
Dude, you put your shit out there. That's cool. It bombed. That's fine. So now you either suck it up and listen to what people think went wrong with it, or you continue in your current expectation that everyone kowtow to shit they don't think is good. If you can't handle the former, your audience is pretty much limited to your mom.
Yeah that wasn't constructive criticism, it wasn't really criticism at all.

Please run outside and play on the highway.

To pretty much everyone else: Thanks for the CC.
Jochon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 09:03 AM   #27
TheFeatheredÆtheling

Jochon, don't be upst, man. Apathy knows what he's talking about. He' just saying that you shouldn't be too defensive about the criticism you get. Many people are very blunt here; it's just the nature of gnet. We all get flack on this site, but we usually get CC too so it works out alright.
TheFeatheredÆtheling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 09:14 AM   #28
Jochon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFeatheredÆtheling View Post
Jochon, don't be upst, man. Apathy knows what he's talking about. He' just saying that you shouldn't be too defensive about the criticism you get. Many people are very blunt here; it's just the nature of gnet. We all get flack on this site, but we usually get CC too so it works out alright.
I guess you're right, still I would've preffered him to give me some CC to cool off my burns, after the flaming I mean.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:31 AM   #29
TheFeatheredÆtheling

That's cool, Jochon. Apathy's given me some of the most helpful constructive criticism I've received from anyone here so far. However, PLEASE don't expect people to actually be nice on gnet. I garantee that you'll be disappointed in that case.
TheFeatheredÆtheling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 10:14 AM   #30
Jochon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFeatheredÆtheling View Post
That's cool, Jochon. Apathy's given me some of the most helpful constructive criticism I've received from anyone here so far. However, PLEASE don't expect people to actually be nice on gnet. I garantee that you'll be disappointed in that case.
No worries I never expect anyone to be nice, I just grab the oppurtunity to be disappointed and angry when they aren't.
Old 07-18-2010, 11:08 AM   #31
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jochon View Post
I guess you're right, still I would've preffered him to give me some CC to cool off my burns, after the flaming I mean.
Look, if you open a thread and the first thing you see is the OP getting butt-hurt over CC, why would you bother to sit and write a long-ass critique which will probably be met with accusations that you're a dick and defensive retorts about not being a "proffesional" writer? If you don't show receptiveness to suggestions and criticisms, you won't get them. It's really pretty straightforward.

Feathered - thanks for the vote of confidence, but Jochon's posts both here and elsewhere suggest a precariously unbalanced and bizarrely embittered individual. I'll be very, very surprised if attempting to be reasonable doesn't turn out to be a massive waste of your time. In fact, I'll put a dollar on that shit.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 03:03 PM   #32
LenorePoe

I like it. I felt so bad for the child right away, and in the beginning it gave me a nice fuzzy feeling... wasn't expecting the ending (:
LenorePoe is offline   Reply With Quote