Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 03-29-2009, 12:53 PM   #101
JCC

I'm replaying MGS3.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 05:01 PM   #102
Mr E Nigma

So it's more like an RPG really?
Old 03-29-2009, 09:02 PM   #103
CrossDream

I'm just finishing up Red Alert 3.

I swear this game is Red Alert 2's beautiful, yet dumb as a brick, sister.
CrossDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 11:01 PM   #104
Fatally Ecstatic

Bouncing between Persona 4, Fallout 3, and the occasional couple of rounds on CoD: World at War.
Fatally Ecstatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 04:10 AM   #105
Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
I'm replaying MGS3.
I love the MGS series.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 05:00 AM   #106
CrimsonPythonidae

Age of Empires II, The Sims 2 are on my laptop which I probably play the most. I don't really like AoE III. Fable 2 and Halo are what I play on XBOX 360 and on DS I play Super Mario Bros and Yoshi's Island. Good times.
CrimsonPythonidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 11:32 AM   #107
Mr E Nigma

hahaha AoE II, geeze I haven't played that in forever. Crimson do you play on live? if so what's your gamertag? Mine's - IceyPyroPenguin -

(I play halo 3 as well)
Old 03-30-2009, 11:37 AM   #108
Saya

I got Rayman: Raving Rabbids for when I'm trying to vent my frustration from Theresia.

I find it so stupid its quite charming.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 01:53 PM   #109
Doctor_Death

I tend to play Diablo II Lod every now and then, and Icewind Dale is very nice, too. Neverwinter Nights holds some interest, and, of course, Final Fantasy can keep me awake for hours (my record is playing FFX 11 hours straight 8D).
Doctor_Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 10:31 PM   #110
Mr E Nigma

If you want to play a good final fantasy game, look at Final Fantasy VI ( I believe they remade it for the gameboy advance) It was probably the last really good Final Fantasy to come out...

It's not really annoying so much as I wish people who have a hardon for VII and X and any inbetween would actually play the games that were really good. Most people I know Play VII and beyond but never any of the first 6, and in my opinion the stories were a hell of a lot better.

Unless your a graphics buff...

Ohhh! And I just picked up Neverwinter Nights 2, (finished the first one) figured I'd finally buy it.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:56 AM   #111
Doctor_Death

Haha, my favourite FF-game actually is FFX, but that has a lot to do with the fact that it was the first FF-game I ever played. But, I actually have played more than FFX and FFVII. Currently I am playing FFIX, which is good so far, and I have FF I and II for playstation, and those are simply awesome! I mean, tiny pixelly characters and charming music, can it get any better?

So you say VI is really good? Hm, perhaps I should shamelessly download it and try for myself
Old 03-31-2009, 11:44 AM   #112
Raptor

Finished the story mode and terrorist hunts of Rainbow Six Vegas 2 on realistic. And borrowed Fallout 3 so I have that to try if I have time. Not sure if the whole lining up moves thing will sit with me.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 11:00 PM   #113
Mr E Nigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor_Death View Post
Haha, my favourite FF-game actually is FFX, but that has a lot to do with the fact that it was the first FF-game I ever played. But, I actually have played more than FFX and FFVII. Currently I am playing FFIX, which is good so far, and I have FF I and II for playstation, and those are simply awesome! I mean, tiny pixelly characters and charming music, can it get any better?

So you say VI is really good? Hm, perhaps I should shamelessly download it and try for myself
Not so much that VI is good, that it's the last really good one. :P

Nah, I do enjoy FF 9 as well. 8 is alright, wasn't really ever a huge fan of 7, and I couldn't get into 12... Hoping 13 rocks!
Old 04-01-2009, 12:09 AM   #114
CrossDream

I just finished Gears of War 2.

The plot sucks horribly in the game, but it feels so good to play a game where the only goal is to "Kill, kill, and kill some more". I effectively ignored half of the plot, and instead just went around chainsawing people in half.
CrossDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 01:02 AM   #115
Sir Canvas Corpsey

I'd say FFVIII is probably the best musically, and I think FFVI is AMAZING even though I've never got around to finishing it. Kefka has to be one of my favourite villains to date.

Anyway! Right now I'm playing:

Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon - DS
Persona 4 - PS2
Suikoden - PS1

and if all goes well and I can find a copy or order one on Saturday I'll be playing Suikoden: Tiekreis on my DS
Old 04-01-2009, 01:02 AM   #116
Alatariel

I'm currently in the midst of World of Warcraft and Spore.
Alatariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 01:30 AM   #117
Mr E Nigma

How's Shadow Dragon SCC?

I have the Fire Emblem on the Wii, just finished it about a month ago, I'm thinking about grabbing the DS one now.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:31 AM   #118
ZyklonB

Eve Online. almost 8 months and going.
ZyklonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 02:25 AM   #119
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr E Nigma View Post
How's Shadow Dragon SCC?

I have the Fire Emblem on the Wii, just finished it about a month ago, I'm thinking about grabbing the DS one now.
I haven't played the Wii one but I know about it story and gameplay generally and I played the GC one which occurs before it, if you haven't played the GC one then I recommend you should.

Fire Emblem for GBA and FE: Sacred Stones for GBA are probably cheaper combined than Shadow Dragon so you could get those instead.

Shadow Dragon is a remake of the original with some things touched up, its story probably won't compare to Radiant Dawn at all but it plays like a good fun FE though there are no skills. (I I think they still have skills in Radiant Dawn)

It's nice litte buy, so go for it if you want, but if you want a GREAT DS game, try Suikoden Tiekreis, you can't go wrong with a Suikoden no matter what the fans may say. : )
Old 04-01-2009, 06:42 AM   #120
Doctor_Death

Mr E Nigma: 12 was ok, but not really that great.
The trailers to 13 are certainly promising, especially the one to Versus 13.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:49 AM   #121
Mr E Nigma

Oh nice! I'll have to look up the trailers

And SCC, yeah I've played all the other Fire Emblem games throughout the years, I'll most likely end up buying it.

(BTW The Wii one was insanely difficult, I put it on hard difficulty) I can see why they defaulted it to easy, hahaha

And I'll definitely check into Suikoden Tiekreis

Hah, have you seen those new DSi's? The DS has 2 cameras on it now!!! Like people really need that..
Old 04-01-2009, 07:02 PM   #122
eternalcrimson

I decided to break out my gamecube (because my Wii is broke right now. lol that doesn't sound right. My Wii is broken.)

Right now I'm playing Geist. Easily a underated game. I remebered that this game was one of those that reviewers either loved or loathed.

I won't ruin the story for you but basicaly basicaly the idea is you are a spirit (oe geist as the title implies) and you can inavde other people, animals and even inanimate objects. You can only get into someone elses body after you scare them.

The story and idea for a FPS at the time was pretty revolutionary not that it didn't have it's problems. The controls are a little stiff, the voice acting is horrible, it's linear and it has pacing problems but other than that it's a good game that anyone with a Wii or gamecube should check out.
eternalcrimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 04:27 AM   #123
Pineapple_Juice

I'm playing samples of Grim Fandango because my copy is lost.
Old 04-02-2009, 04:54 AM   #124
Drake Dun

I am playing Left 4 Dead. This game gets the sore butt award.

The sore butt award is awarded to games that are so fucking cool that you sit in front of a screen playing them for hours on end until you eventually notice your butt is all sore.

The funny thing is, I really didn't like it much at first. It grows on you very quickly when you play the infected rather than the survivors, and even more when you play versus campaigns online.
Drake Dun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 06:47 AM   #125
Mr E Nigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake Dun View Post
I am playing Left 4 Dead. This game gets the sore butt award.

The sore butt award is awarded to games that are so fucking cool that you sit in front of a screen playing them for hours on end until you eventually notice your butt is all sore.

The funny thing is, I really didn't like it much at first. It grows on you very quickly when you play the infected rather than the survivors, and even more when you play versus campaigns online.
It's called "Left 4 Dead" for a reason (The 4 meaning 4 players) The game was geared way more for multiplayer gaming. And yes versus mode rules. Do you have it for PC or XBOX?