Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

Old 08-23-2006, 07:37 AM   #101
Delkaetre

Neither.
Though, that said, I do appreciate Slipknot's sense of drama in the Vermilion video- it's very well done, the stop-motion style is unusual and eyecatching. They get a point for artistic ability/decent director.
I can't stand Korn. At all.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 01:31 AM   #102
Engulfed_in_darkness

I vote Korn.
Engulfed_in_darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 05:59 AM   #103
Slap Your Love

This thread is horrid. Why is korn and slipknot even being discussed on this site. I am amazed. Horrid. Horrid. Horrid.
Old 08-24-2006, 09:38 PM   #104
PersephoneX

oi! i'm a punk, there's no accounting for taste!
I cut myself to sleep
I close my eyes for a second
And curse my fragile soul
I scream to hide that I'm lonely
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

http://www.myspace.com/persephone_x
PersephoneX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 03:14 PM   #105
BlackWidow

Sorry, but I love both of the bands. I know they like, so "overrated." -rolls eyes- So fuckin what? If you like a song, who cares what it's labeled as. I happen to like the voice and the music and lyrics. Slipknot is my favorite band. Korn is pretty high up on my favorites list. But it doesnt mean I am limited to that kind of music. I like lots of different kinds of music. But my personality changes, so does the type of music I listen to.
Old 08-27-2006, 01:15 PM   #106
Slap Your Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWidow
Sorry, but I love both of the bands. I know they like, so "overrated." -rolls eyes- So fuckin what? If you like a song, who cares what it's labeled as. I happen to like the voice and the music and lyrics. Slipknot is my favorite band. Korn is pretty high up on my favorites list. But it doesnt mean I am limited to that kind of music. I like lots of different kinds of music. But my personality changes, so does the type of music I listen to.
Ha. I bet you like Linkin' Park too. -.- Why are you even on this site..?
Old 08-27-2006, 01:52 PM   #107
BlackWidow

Wow thanks for you judgemental comment. Linkin Park is a generally good band. Not necessarily my type of music. And why am I on this site? I could ask you the same question. Who are you to judge? I doubt your taste of music is any better (or worse for that matter) than mine. So dont come here judging me by the kind of music I like. Grow up, that shit is for high school. I have been here way longer than you have, I joined a couple years ago but forgot my password, hence the new profile. So yeah, I suggest you respect people's opinions if you intend on being a part of forums. That's what they are for.
Old 08-27-2006, 02:05 PM   #108
Godslayer Jillian

Slap Your love is very judgmental when it comes to music. But can you blame him/her when she/he knows and loves real goth bands?
It is still a defect to focus so much on music, though.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 02:10 PM   #109
Slap Your Love

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWidow
Wow thanks for you judgemental comment. Linkin Park is a generally good band. Not necessarily my type of music. And why am I on this site? I could ask you the same question. Who are you to judge? I doubt your taste of music is any better (or worse for that matter) than mine. So dont come here judging me by the kind of music I like. Grow up, that shit is for high school. I have been here way longer than you have, I joined a couple years ago but forgot my password, hence the new profile. So yeah, I suggest you respect people's opinions if you intend on being a part of forums. That's what they are for.
Need I say I did not judge? All see it, I merely asked a question or two, Yes. As far as my taste in music I laugh at the fact that you say my taste in music is worse than yours. In fact kid, my music actually pertains to this site. Can I say the same for you? Not hardly.Also the time spent on this site gives one more power than another on this site? Is that what you are trying to say kiddo? "Grow up" Ha. Spare me the idiotic atempts of insults. -.- Now you may post your childish argumentative post back at me, and see if I post back. Go listen to Bauhaus, or the Sisters, take a lesson in what pertains to this site. Then you can chat with me.
Old 08-27-2006, 02:11 PM   #110
cradle

Hey...if you like a song, then you like a song...and if you like a band then you like a band.
Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord to tell everyone about that time at Ronnie's house when I smashed the beer bottle over my own head.
cradle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 02:56 PM   #111
BlackWidow

Quote:
Originally Posted by cradle
Hey...if you like a song, then you like a song...and if you like a band then you like a band.
Thank you very much. And Slap, since when do you know what bands and music I like? Hm, I dont remember telling you. And yes you did judge me, you made a judgemental sarcastic comment. "Kiddo"? Ok, nice try. Please lets not reduce ourselves to grade school children by trading insults. I merely stated my opinion about music, and you replied with a rude comment. All I ask is to have some respect for other people and try to be more open minded.
Old 08-27-2006, 03:39 PM   #112
Godslayer Jillian

Yea.... don't use the word open-minded unless you also not ony listen but enjoy R&B, pop, original punk, gregorian anthems, Spanish boleros....

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 08-27-2006, 04:11 PM   #113
BlackWidow

Hm, I never remember saying that I DON'T like any of those types of music. Strange. Just because I favore metal, doesn't mean I hate any other type of music. So please, dont lecture me.
Old 08-27-2006, 04:15 PM   #114
Godslayer Jillian

I'm saying that you cannot use the open-minded card unless you yourself are entirely open-minded. And the only way to be so is to enjoy, not tolerate, but enjoy absolutely everything; in this case, every kind of music.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 08-27-2006, 04:25 PM   #115
BlackWidow

Yes, I understand what it means. And I am saying that I do. I may not like country music very much, I do like some songs, but I still respect it as music. Just like how I may not like a certain actor/actress but I still respect that person because they are a good actor or have good characteristics about them. I'm not trying to argue with you or be a bitch. I am just tired of people going around judging people like me because "oh no, you like Slipknot, you are so not goth." Do you understand where I am coming from?
Old 08-27-2006, 09:38 PM   #116
PersephoneX

can i play, too? lol
relax dudes, its just music...um...nevermind, i'm gonna shut my punk mouth now, before someone covers me in tar...

*nervous chuckle
I cut myself to sleep
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

Old 08-28-2006, 06:33 AM   #117
Slap Your Love

Ah. I knew you would complain back, and are now arguing with yet another person, and is there a problem with me addressing you how I wish?
Old 08-28-2006, 01:09 PM   #118
cradle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slap Your Love
-.- Why are you even on this site..?
That would have pissed me off a little too...

This site is good for anybody who wants to come to the site, and to restate myself, if you like a band then you like a band...

You shouldn't try and shoo someone away because he/she listens to music that isn't goth...
Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord to tell everyone about that time at Ronnie's house when I smashed the beer bottle over my own head.
Old 08-28-2006, 03:13 PM   #119
Slap Your Love

Fuck this game. -.-
Old 08-28-2006, 03:20 PM   #120
She_Is_My_Sin

I've never really listened to them, but from the snippets I've heard, they weren't my sort of thing.
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 04:15 PM   #121
Godslayer Jillian

Slap Your Love, this has now become a personal quarrel, for what I can seem.
Quit it. I don't like Slipknot either; I know many people who do, and they enjoy the impossible creatures of Lovecraft's mind. I thank one of them for letting me borrow his book of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.
Guess what makes him more goth:
His taste in bands or his cultivated literate enjoyment?

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 08-28-2006, 06:14 PM   #122
cradle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slap Your Love
Fuck this game. -.-
game? What game?
Old 08-28-2006, 09:08 PM   #123
BlackWidow

Wow, I got more support here than I ever imagined. Thanks people. I really do appreciate it. There's one thing I have noticed on this site after these couple of years, and that's that most people on this site are very judgemental and rude. It's refreshing to finally meet people who arent. I think my point has been proven and seconded, I rest my case.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:36 PM   #124
PersephoneX

um...dont be too cocky, kiddo....

*not a threat, just be careful!
I cut myself to sleep
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

Old 08-29-2006, 12:08 AM   #125
BlackWidow

Like I said before, I wasnt trying to be "cocky" just that I'm amazed that someone on here, especially a "Goth as Fuck" titled person, agrees with me; the "Slipknot lover."