Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 06-04-2006, 10:51 AM   #76
Gheist

Ok, now I'm a little curious. Because this sort of thing never fails to amuse me.

I'll just get right to the point, because I know this supposed "Elder Goth", horrorgirl, seems to be lurking around this thread like a shark to freshly chummed water.

What sort of results are you looking for? You claim that vampirefreaks.com is lacking in its security, yet, the requirements for joining this site are far more lacking. The only substantial information in which I was asked for, was my email address. No age, no sex, nothing else, just my email. Which was not even confirmed for that matter. All things which are done for each and every possible member of vampirefreaks.com. Now, knowing this, from what I see, anyone who can so much as fabricate an email address, could become a possible member of this site. Anyone from a four year old, to a ninty-three plus year old. At least at vampirefreaks.com, there is an age minimum, being 13. Granted however, it is possible for a possible member to lie about this, just as it is very possible for a possible member of this site to lie about there email address (I use this example, as it was the only legitimate piece of information I was required to give). However, when these users are found on vampirefreaks, they are promptly removed, here, lacking even a confirmation email, I don't see how that's possible.

Getting back to the subject at hand however, I truely would like to know what you'd have done about this? Would you delete the member? Sure, that's a possibility. But, whats to assure that the user actually did anything, or, if the person commiting the actual offenses is actually who they say they are on the site (Technically, by not even being asked my sex, I could go out and commit a crime, then claim I was you, would that be accurate?)? Assuming that the person actually did a crime, and was actually a member of the site, and the site knowing the users screen name, yes, they would likely be deleted. Yet, what's to stop them from simply making another email account, so they can just make another profile? Block there IP? Sure, no problem. Now, what if they use a proxy server or dial-up? Hmm..now there IP changes, that's not good. Block the whole area? Yeah, sure, block over fifty thousant IP's, just to stop a single user from gaining access. That's intelligent.

Now, what about Jet. Would you have him go out and speak publicly? Ok, sure, what would that accomplish? Neither Jet, nor any of the administrators of vampirefreaks.com, nor can even any of its members, prevent the actions of its users while they are not physically on the site. Nor can they appropriatly address any problems that occur off of the site. So, I ask you again, what would you have Jet do? Even if he managed to find some way to accomplish all the things you have in your head that this singular man is suppost to do, the media, people such as yourself, and many other of the worlds social degenerates would simply warp what Jet said to suit there wants and needs. Think about it, it happens all the time with the President.

In regards to all the links you posted, within the bounds of vampirefreaks.com, I've checked them. They're all falsified. No, I don't mean that they were deleted by site administrators, I mean that they dont exist. Knowing this, it again proves your case falsified. Your really on a roll now, horrorgirl. If one the site administrators had deleted them, it would give the message "This user has been deleted by VF Admin" followed by the reason for the deletion on a line below. These "users" read as follows; "This user does not exist", thus meaning that either the "member" never existed, or, that the user deleted themselves. Now, based on your already hearsay, and otherwise falsified evidence, I, aswell as virtually anyone else viewing this would have to be inclind to say that your "evidence" is once again, falsified.

Moving on to your "quotes from members" of vampirefreaks.com, beings as you are tactfully lacking in a sourse for the "quote", yet again, hearsay evidence. Negative. I've yet to find one substancial piece of evidence against the site on your behalf. Looks to me like your running out of a case, and fast.

However, I'll humor you in this, as I do need a good laugh this morning. Enlighten me on this. No, better still, enlighten the over half a million members of vampirefreaks.com on what you'd have one singular man do about this. I'm sure we're all just itching to hear about it.
Gheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 12:00 PM   #77
devourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.M.Lovechild
It would be kind of fun to piss on Devourer. Unless she/he/it was on fire. Then it would be funnier to watch her burn.
See if members of this site act like this when someone offers some input into comments people make about a site they have either never been a member of or didn't stay around long enough to get to know the more intellectual people, then I think I'd rather stick with VampireFreaks.

Yes VampireFreaks has it's idiots and imbeciles but not everyone is like that on there... You will always get people that act badly in every circle of life... maybe we should just claim that the entire human race is completely abhorrent in behaviour and exterminate the whole race?

No we wont because that is an unfair generalisation, as is the one that is highlighted on this thread...

I'm not here to defend VampireFreaks itself, I am defending those that you have labeled as **********, murderers, idiots and attention seekers that are not!
devourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 12:14 PM   #78
Wise Child

You're just saying that because you don't want to be peed on.

Wuss.

A dream is just a nightmare with lipstick ~ Toni Morrison
Wise Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 12:41 PM   #79
Gheist

Interesting. Two people with half a brain come to voice our opinions, and what do we get? People bashing there own site, childish jokes about troll, and a perfect example of why idiots should not breed; a wonderful comment about people secreting on one another.

Way to broadcast the intelligence of your site.

Oh, and by the way, I'd advice you all not to make use of this icon (avatar) I'm using, it is copywrite of vampirefreaks.com. I for one would rather not see our site marred by such childish banter. Also, for two, beings as the symbol is propperty of vampirefreaks.com, using it could be hazardous to both your pocketbook, aswell as your freedom.

Again, thank you all for your time.
Old 06-04-2006, 01:04 PM   #80
Wise Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheist
Interesting. Two people with half a brain come to voice our opinions, and what do we get? People bashing there own site, childish jokes about troll, and a perfect example of why idiots should not breed; a wonderful comment about people secreting on one another.
They have half a brain between them? 'Cause I can't honestly say I saw any evidence of that much neuron activity. And "idiots shouldn't breed" comments from someone who spells it "truely"? *resists urge to make unproductive and childish comment about how your dad should have thought about that before he fucked his sister (and inadvertantly makes it anyway, I suppose)* Are you serious? Hon, this is really basic stuff. Not to mention this:

Quote:
I for one would rather not see our site marred by such childish banter. Also, for two, beings as the symbol is propperty of vampirefreaks.com, using it could be hazardous to both your pocketbook, aswell as your freedom.
Aww, cute. I think it's trying to threaten. Of course, I can't be sure, given the laziness of the typing. I for one... for two... beings as... propperty... seriously, what are you ACTUALLY trying to say?

No, wait - I don't care.

Look, bottom line - a lot of people here don't like VF. This is their right. You want to disagree with them, go ahead. But you aren't going to change any opinions, and to come in and tell us we shouldn't have these opinions then attempt to take the moral high ground when people get peevish... This is our site. You don't like it? Well then, the wonderful VF awaits. *waves*

Old 06-04-2006, 01:57 PM   #81
devourer

I was simply asking...

of those that are complaining about VampireFreaks how many have actually been a member and if they have been for how long?

It is easy to form an opinion based on first impressions... As pointed out by Gheist VF has a stricter policy for becoming a member than this site does... That is a FACT

The people remain the same reguardless of what site they are on! That is the point I'm making, it's just unfortunate that they were members of VF... If you looked deeply into all members of this site I can only speculate as to what crimes they may have committed.

At the end of the day the only people you can hold accountable for the atrocities are the people that did it and those close to them who either didn't spot the warning signs or did nothing to intervene.
Old 06-04-2006, 02:26 PM   #82
WizardElement5

Hello devourer.

I agree with you. A site certainly should not be held responsible for the off-line criminal actions of its members, unless it has taken direct action to encourage those activities.

Both you and Gheist argue your points well and my own view is that their is far too much abusive behaviour, (name calling), and not enough reasoning on gnet.

Often, it seems that because a person's spelling is a little less than perfect, certain members think that this justifies infantile agressive behaviour. Spelling and grammar are wonderful tools to aid in communication, but if they become so important that any fault overrides one's ability to listen to what is being said, then one has put form above content and thrown the baby out with the bath water.

I really don't understand why there is so much aggression here, but it saddens me.

My best wishes to you both.
Old 06-04-2006, 04:11 PM   #83
Wise Child

I don't actually disagree that the points were valid (about the site not being responsible for the actions of the parties involved). But if you come into a forum like this, which is an online community, completely ignore the rules of the forum, and call its members hypocrites in your first post, then quite honestly it looks like you came in to pick a fight. You could say that you came in to defend yourselves and your site; in which case I would ask, why? Why do you care what others think of it? It hasn't been taken down, and anyone who wants to participate in it is free to do so. So why do you care what us "hypocrites" over here are saying? To be honest, this site has had its fill of trolls and argumentative invasions recently - including a wonderful incident where members of a white supremacist site descended on GNet, and the BlackOps lot. If you want to join and contribute, you'll be welcomed, regardless of your position on VF. Anyone who doesn't introduce themselves properly and show signs that they came here to participate will get negative reactions - those who show signs of having come just for a row, even more so.

I don't think VF is responsible for these crimes, and I don't think the majority of the posters on this thread do either; I just think it's a ridiculous site. People are free to disagree.

Old 06-04-2006, 04:47 PM   #84
devourer

Wise Child I might have introduced myself in the proper manner if I could navigate this site... it is very confusing (at least for me).

I was given a link to this thread so all I had to do was register and reply.

And although I may have appeared to be starting a fight it was merely my intention to clear up any misconceptions about the members of VampireFreaks.
Old 06-04-2006, 05:42 PM   #85
Godslayer Jillian

It's quite easy actually.
If you want to be a part of the forum, you would go to the boards, of course.
The Boards are simple to differentiate by their names.
It would seem that an introduction should go in the general board, yes.
Luckily, the forum just below General is called Introductions, which make an introduction misplacement all the more improbable to happen.
After reading the rules for an Itroduction, which is the first sticky post, you should get an idea about how to create your own intro thread.

Now, going back to the VampireFreaks issue:
I was going to make an account over there once. The only reason I didn't make one was that I didn't have any pictures of myself back then, which looked like an imperative in VF.
After navigating a little, I found a link called Cults, and I saw that the largest "cult" was called SEX which said that anyone can join, and the place is unmoderated. Which meant that a 12 year old could join and post pictures of himself/herself, and nothing would be done about it.
I saw that the second Most Loved was oh-so-originally named RazorBlade, and most people on that site had similar names with a lot os xXx in their names.
Plus, I didn't see what was the difference between that site and MySpace.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 05:45 PM   #86
Wise Child

Well, if you plan on staying, I'd recommend reading "For the Newbies" (it's located at the top of every forum as a sticky) and posting an introduction in the Introductions forum.

As I said, we get quite a few people coming in just to argue and wind people up (especially lately). But if that's not why you're here, by all means pull up a chair. Yes, we like posts to be as grammatically correct as possible, but we're not Nazis about it. Well, actually that's not strictly true... ahem! But if it's legible and errors are minor, plenty of people are fine with it. The grammar police bit was mainly about being accused of idiocy and stupidity in incorrectly spelled posts, which is pretty much akin to bending over in here. If you like the site and want to participate, you'll be made welcome. If not... well, then I don't suppose you'll stick around much longer anyway.

Old 06-04-2006, 09:43 PM   #87
Jane13

Whether it's VF, Myspace or Xanga... they're all freaking creepy as hell and I wouldn't let my kids or teens post on them if I had any. Speeking of which, what were these half-ass parents doing while their kid was plotting to murder them? I'm NOT suggesting that their half-assedness concerning their kids whereabouts on the internet means that they "had it coming", but what the Hell...

I'm not normally one for censorship, but I honestly think that in order for kids to get these sorts of blogs that there should be an active thing for parent involvement. There should be some way for identifying yourself as an adult or for saying that your child has your permission. It's still a releively new thing, the internet. It's a scary new world out there, and kids need to be protected.

Fucking creepy as hell.
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 11:21 PM   #88
Monsosin

Some of the quotes on the first page of this made me vomit in my mouth a little. I've protested VF for a while now. It's all mindless bullshit. Large numbers of wee-ones (kids between 12 and 18) thinking they are "bad asses" because of a profile site they are on, gets to be sickening after about twelve minutes or so. Maybe this is why I hate myspace, and journal sites? Well... that and just about all of the VF users take on the goth sterieotypes and think that by being what they call goth means they have to do drugs. Its all bullshit, I hope that VF gets shut down. Some one make the VF users go dead. Dead to death. Redundency makes it easy for the VF junkies to understand.
Monsosin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 11:28 PM   #89
horrorgirl

Quote:
Ok, now I'm a little curious. Because this sort of thing never fails to amuse me.

I'll just get right to the point, because I know this supposed "Elder Goth", horrorgirl, seems to be lurking around this thread like a shark to freshly chummed water.
Um...could it be because I started this thread and that I think that the site that you are defending blows? I have never claimed to be an ‘elder goth’. In fact I have dropped out of the gothic subculture. Partially due to the fact that it is now teeming with self righteous morons who don’t have a clue about what they are talking about.

Quote:
What sort of results are you looking for? You claim that vampirefreaks.com is lacking in its security, yet, the requirements for joining this site are far more lacking. The only substantial information in which I was asked for, was my email address. No age, no sex, nothing else, just my email. Which was not even confirmed for that matter. All things which are done for each and every possible member of vampirefreaks.com. Now, knowing this, from what I see, anyone who can so much as fabricate an email address, could become a possible member of this site. Anyone from a four year old, to a ninty-three plus year old. At least at vampirefreaks.com, there is an age minimum, being 13. Granted however, it is possible for a possible member to lie about this, just as it is very possible for a possible member of this site to lie about there email address (I use this example, as it was the only legitimate piece of information I was required to give). However, when these users are found on vampirefreaks, they are promptly removed, here, lacking even a confirmation email, I don't see how that's possible.
I am looking for that site to disappear from the face of the planet. Kids post half naked pictures of themselves all of the time on there, make death threats, and most of the time act like angsty morons. Blah....blah....blah.....

Quote:
Getting back to the subject at hand however, I truely would like to know what you'd have done about this? Would you delete the member? Sure, that's a possibility. But, whats to assure that the user actually did anything, or, if the person commiting the actual offenses is actually who they say they are on the site (Technically, by not even being asked my sex, I could go out and commit a crime, then claim I was you, would that be accurate?)? Assuming that the person actually did a crime, and was actually a member of the site, and the site knowing the users screen name, yes, they would likely be deleted. Yet, what's to stop them from simply making another email account, so they can just make another profile? Block there IP? Sure, no problem. Now, what if they use a proxy server or dial-up? Hmm..now there IP changes, that's not good. Block the whole area? Yeah, sure, block over fifty thousant IP's, just to stop a single user from gaining access. That's intelligent.
Just take the damned site down. That would stop all of the problems.....wouldn’t it? Oh wait....then how would Jet make a living?

Quote:
Now, what about Jet. Would you have him go out and speak publicly? Ok, sure, what would that accomplish? Neither Jet, nor any of the administrators of vampirefreaks.com, nor can even any of its members, prevent the actions of its users while they are not physically on the site. Nor can they appropriatly address any problems that occur off of the site. So, I ask you again, what would you have Jet do? Even if he managed to find some way to accomplish all the things you have in your head that this singular man is suppost to do, the media, people such as yourself, and many other of the worlds social degenerates would simply warp what Jet said to suit there wants and needs. Think about it, it happens all the time with the President.
One would think that if a person’s site got bad press that the owner would make an effort to assure people that they are trying to control the situation. Instead Jet told people that the site was being ‘picked on’ because the member are ‘different’ and hated by society. That, in all honesty, sounds like something one of his young angsty members would say. So you are equating me with ‘social degenerates’? Cool....I have always wanted to be one of those. Your affirmation of my social status makes me all warm and fuzzy. Are you trying to equate Jet with the President? Okay....I’ll buy it. They both aren’t the smartest crayons in the box.

Quote:
In regards to all the links you posted, within the bounds of vampirefreaks.com, I've checked them. They're all falsified. No, I don't mean that they were deleted by site administrators, I mean that they dont exist. Knowing this, it again proves your case falsified. Your really on a roll now, horrorgirl. If one the site administrators had deleted them, it would give the message "This user has been deleted by VF Admin" followed by the reason for the deletion on a line below. These "users" read as follows; "This user does not exist", thus meaning that either the "member" never existed, or, that the user deleted themselves. Now, based on your already hearsay, and otherwise falsified evidence, I, aswell as virtually anyone else viewing this would have to be inclind to say that your "evidence" is once again, falsified.
Those links did previously work, which can be affirmed by the members here who saw them in the past. Why would I lie about people making stupid posts over there when it happens all of the time? All a person has to do is go over there for ten minutes and they will find a post with bad spelling, angst, and the grammar of a first grader. Oh...no.....you are calling me a liar. I am sure that everybody on this board who knows me very well is going to believe a stranger who comes in here who has his head so far up Jet’s ass that he is threatening to become a foetus.

Quote:
Moving on to your "quotes from members" of vampirefreaks.com, beings as you are tactfully lacking in a sourse for the "quote", yet again, hearsay evidence. Negative. I've yet to find one substancial piece of evidence against the site on your behalf. Looks to me like your running out of a case, and fast.
Um...yeah...you keep thinking that. By the way I didn’t know that Jet had a uterus. Is it comfy? Have you got enough room to move your legs?

Quote:
However, I'll humor you in this, as I do need a good laugh this morning. Enlighten me on this. No, better still, enlighten the over half a million members of vampirefreaks.com on what you'd have one singular man do about this. I'm sure we're all just itching to hear about it.
Oh no, that site has half a million members.....that MUST mean that it’s a great!!! WOW! *snickers*

I'm gothtastically delicious!
horrorgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 11:38 PM   #90
horrorgirl

Quote:

Way to broadcast the intelligence of your site.

Oh, and by the way, I'd advice you all not to make use of this icon (avatar) I'm using, it is copywrite of vampirefreaks.com. I for one would rather not see our site marred by such childish banter. Also, for two, beings as the symbol is propperty of vampirefreaks.com, using it could be hazardous to both your pocketbook, aswell as your freedom.

Again, thank you all for your time.
You both have half a brain? Why...that must really blow. What happened to both of your brains for that to happen?

Oh no...people on here bashed this site, made troll jokes and mentioned peeing! Oh dear! We are all going to hell now! Oh yes....we will all perish in a lake a fire. I think some of the people here would actually enjoy that. *nods head*

Who gives a crap about your stupid VF avatar. Seriously. Are you so full of yourself that you think that people would want to use it? Yes....I think you are. Marred by ‘such childish banter’? HA!!!! Oh....that’s a good one! Then you better not use it on VF, because that place has enough childish banter to make baby Jesus weep. A legal threat? Oh...now that is hilarious! Do you need money to get out of Jet’s uterus? I understand that you need a doctor to get you out of that situation that you got yourself in but I am afraid that I won’t help you. After all....you threatened everybody on this site.

Bye bye!!!!!

Old 06-04-2006, 11:40 PM   #91
horrorgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by devourer
Wise Child I might have introduced myself in the proper manner if I could navigate this site... it is very confusing (at least for me).

I was given a link to this thread so all I had to do was register and reply.

And although I may have appeared to be starting a fight it was merely my intention to clear up any misconceptions about the members of VampireFreaks.
You are NEVER going to change the minds of some of the people on here. Me included. If you plan on joining this board then I have a feeling that you are going to annoy the hell out of me.

Old 06-05-2006, 12:43 AM   #92
devourer

I don't want to change your mind about VampireFreaks... in fact I don't have to... VampireFreaks is basically a message board like this... It is not the site that causes problems it's the members and VampireFreaks has a stricter policy for allowing people to write on there (for a start they actually verify the email adress). I have also witnessed removal of members that have racist remarks and/or nudity on their profiles by the staff of VampireFreaks... the problem is there are so many members that it is hard to check them all and they rely on the members to report any that they might miss (this system is not infallible).

As I said before they could have quite easily been members of this site... it wouldn't change what happened and seeing as I have been a member of VF for some time I have got to know some of the more intelligent and nicer members.

I see you go on about teenagers showing half naked photos but I'm pretty sure you get that on Face The Jury, Rate My Body and the likes...

And as for making death threats and acting like ansty morons I am sure you will find you get that on other forums too...

Maybe you'd like to complain about those as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.M.Lovechild
How was Horrorgirl acting like a 15 year old? Can you come up with any statement to back that up? Come to think of it, are you 15?
Other people on this thread that are younger than you have realised that we have a more informed view of the site you are complaining about and that we are just trying to clarify what actually takes place on that site. You insist on perpetuating your biased views without actually considering what we are saying... you just go off and reply without actually processing the information we are presenting you with in much the same way as some 15 year olds do.
Old 06-05-2006, 01:30 AM   #93
Gheist

Horrorgirl, I find it odd that you keep making a reference to not only twelve year olds being members of the vampirfreaks community, but also repeatedly make accusations about vampirefreaks "allowing" nude pictures to be posted. I'd like to point out that the minimum age for a member to join the site, is 13, not twelve. Yes, you can lie, and people do, but when they are found, they are removed. However, your also attacking the site staff with your purely opinionated views that vampirefreaks actually allows such activity to go unchecked. First off, the site is one of over half a million members, with less than twenty administrators, those few people do not have the time, nor the means, to litterally screen every image that is submitted to the site. It's just not possible. However, on that I would also like to point out that, in all reality, I could have just as easily submitted a phalic symbol or vaginal area as my image here, it also was not checked. Granted, if I had done so, I would likely be reported for site infraction, and hopefully promptly removed. Which leads me to my point, you say you have seen such images, which also leads me to believe that you yourself either are, or at one time were a member of vampirefreaks.com. While you banter on and on about the site "allowing" these things to go, you also put yourself in violation of the site rules, as it clearly states that should you find any of these images, you are to report them to administration. This only goes to prove that you chose to disregard them, due to your displeasure for the site, for whatever reason that may be. Honestly, in my opinion, I believe that you simply want vampirefreaks to be removed because you were not accepted into our community. Either some people didn't "give you tens" (which most of the mature members of the site dont care about anyway), or you were ridiculed and generally unaccepted by the site for having a sour nature. My opinion leans by far more strongly to the latter.

Fabricating information for the sake of distaste or dipleasure, how do you justify this? You don't like someone, so you make every attempt you can to get them in trouble. Sounds like typical teen agnst to me really, though based on the grandios scale of your accusations, I've deducted a more accurate analogy for your actions, wherein; You don't like someone, so you make every attempt you can to end there life. I base this by comparing your judgmental attitude, with the original nature of this thread. Your actions are no better, and you should really learn to practice what you preach.

One last note, before I rid myself of this idiocy. Throughout the course of my day, and only to prove a point in fact that your accusations are hollow, and you all should really be more focused on the lax security measures of your own site, I got in contact with several of my friends, asking them or members of there families to join this site. Only to prove my point, of course. Within the last fourteen or so hours I brought one of my good friends seven year old daughter, my own eight year old nephew, my twelve year old Godson, and another of my good friends four and a half year old daughter. This is just those who confirmed that they made accounts, who are of the juvinile spectrum. However, I also asked a few of my contacts to ask for individuals of a select nature to join this site aswell. Those confirmed thus far are; Three former rapests, a former child pornography videotographer, and seven other known sex offenders from the local area. Nearly half of whom are either former, or known **********. None, were even asked so much as there age.

Though even our members will agree, vampirefreaks.com is not perfect, that is impossible, at least we make an attempt to screen our members. I've seen nothing of the sort here.

I'll be off then, as I cannot stand the rediculusly slow page loading speed, nor the poorly made code for this site. Good day.
Old 06-05-2006, 01:56 AM   #94
happy_dude

Location: I'm underneath the sink, now what do you think, living under my sink?
While ago I wondered into a chatroom on vampirefreaks... HORRORS!
The things they talked about were disgusting, horrific and above all stupid.
I truely hope they were all putting it on as an act but I doubt it, they were sociopaths with a passion.
I also noticed in the music reviews section the Metal section far outwieghs any other. The most reviewed being: Surprise, surprise Slipknot (amonst other angsty nu-metal acts)
In the 'Goth' section one can behold HIM and Cradle of Filth as far as the eye can see, I don't beleive I saw a single review for any Bauhaus albums.
Old 06-05-2006, 03:07 AM   #95
Ryle

Somehow I actually find this to be quite sad. The author of this thread is trying to set the blame for the actions of one person, onto the shoulders of another.

Let me give you an example of how this cannot work.

A man goes to a baseball game and is watching the Cubs play the Cardinals. It doesnt matter who the teams are, but he is watching them play. He is there with a hundred thousand other fans. He meets a girl of 12, who slipped by security with a fake ID claiming she was 13. They hit it off and leave the baseball game together. In secret they plot to kill the girls family. At the next game, it is discovered that they killed the parents. So the news media blames the ballpark for the tragedy, just to score an easy cop out for the crime. They blame the umpires, and stadium security. The stadium is offended by these accusations and fires back a statement, that people just dont like baseball. So then we have a disgruntled fan stand up and piss about how the whole ballpark should be shut down.

Can someone please tell me at exactly what point the ballpark fucked up? How can you blame someone or something that had ZERO to do with an action?

Until you can answer both of those questions, your entire platform is baseless and ignorant.

Have a spiffy day.
Ryle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 03:16 AM   #96
Magpie_Tendencies

Shit. Your analogy was a little confusing. It made sense up until the part where dirty old man meets lying child. Then it got confusing. However, having waded my way through it, I think you do make an interesting point.

Now, if you'll just go introduce yourself and act like you want to be a part of the community, instead of someone who just joined to bitch and whine, I might actually care.

Have a spiffy day.
Old 06-05-2006, 03:53 AM   #97
Wise Child

Oh, shut up. If you're not here to contribute then just fucking go already. You've made your point (though why you feel the need to continue to make it and make it eludes me - as stated, most people's problem with VF is not that they necessarily view the site itself as directly responsible for these crimes, but that it's shite and attracts knob jockeys in their thousands). Our platform is not "useless and ignorant", because it's not (in the case of many members) what you're trying to twist it into.

Gheist - "before I rid myself of this idiocy"? Good luck with that. You'll need a determined will and a shitload of education. Still, you want to change, and I guess that's the first step.

Old 06-05-2006, 06:18 AM   #98
horrorgirl

Quote:
I don't want to change your mind about VampireFreaks... in fact I don't have to... VampireFreaks is basically a message board like this... It is not the site that causes problems it's the members and VampireFreaks has a stricter policy for allowing people to write on there (for a start they actually verify the email adress). I have also witnessed removal of members that have racist remarks and/or nudity on their profiles by the staff of VampireFreaks... the problem is there are so many members that it is hard to check them all and they rely on the members to report any that they might miss (this system is not infallible).
VF is not a message board, It is a rating community. If there are too many members then that is the fault of the owner. He did not check the growth of his own site. Obviously there are not enough people monitoring the posts, and profiles, being made there. That is the owners fault.

Quote:
As I said before they could have quite easily been members of this site... it wouldn't change what happened and seeing as I have been a member of VF for some time I have got to know some of the more intelligent and nicer members.
Believe me, they wouldn’t be member of this site. People here don’t like idiots. Anybody who uses horrible grammar and spelling is flamed. As you have noticed.

Quote:
I see you go on about teenagers showing half naked photos but I'm pretty sure you get that on Face The Jury, Rate My Body and the likes...

And as for making death threats and acting like ansty morons I am sure you will find you get that on other forums too...

Maybe you'd like to complain about those as well?
So, because other sites are as idiotic as VF that must make it okay. No, it doesn’t. I think the world would be a better place if ALL rating sites disappeared. People who go onto sites and who want to be judged by total strangers have issues.

Quote:
Other people on this thread that are younger than you have realised that we have a more informed view of the site you are complaining about and that we are just trying to clarify what actually takes place on that site. You insist on perpetuating your biased views without actually considering what we are saying... you just go off and reply without actually processing the information we are presenting you with in much the same way as some 15 year olds do.
No, I am reading what you are saying BUT I am not agreeing with it. Just because I don’t agree with your views does not make me less mature than you. It just means that I speak my mind. If you don’t like people not agreeing with you then that is your tough luck. Part of growing up is realizing that others are not always going to see your point of view on a subject. Wow, I just taught you a life lesson. Imagine that.
According to my spell check your user name is grammatically incorrect. Either that or you have it spelled wrong. How annoying. This post is brought to you by Metallica’s Master Of Puppets.

Old 06-05-2006, 06:37 AM   #99
horrorgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by gheist
Horrorgirl, I find it odd that you keep making a reference to not only twelve year olds being members of the vampirfreaks community, but also repeatedly make accusations about vampirefreaks "allowing" nude pictures to be posted. I'd like to point out that the minimum age for a member to join the site, is 13, not twelve. Yes, you can lie, and people do, but when they are found, they are removed. However, your also attacking the site staff with your purely opinionated views that vampirefreaks actually allows such activity to go unchecked. First off, the site is one of over half a million members, with less than twenty administrators, those few people do not have the time, nor the means, to litterally screen every image that is submitted to the site. It's just not possible. However, on that I would also like to point out that, in all reality, I could have just as easily submitted a phalic symbol or vaginal area as my image here, it also was not checked. Granted, if I had done so, I would likely be reported for site infraction, and hopefully promptly removed. Which leads me to my point, you say you have seen such images, which also leads me to believe that you yourself either are, or at one time were a member of vampirefreaks.com. While you banter on and on about the site "allowing" these things to go, you also put yourself in violation of the site rules, as it clearly states that should you find any of these images, you are to report them to administration. This only goes to prove that you chose to disregard them, due to your displeasure for the site, for whatever reason that may be. Honestly, in my opinion, I believe that you simply want vampirefreaks to be removed because you were not accepted into our community. Either some people didn't "give you tens" (which most of the mature members of the site dont care about anyway), or you were ridiculed and generally unaccepted by the site for having a sour nature. My opinion leans by far more strongly to the latter.
Whose fault is it that there are not enough administrators to watch over that site? Um...I’ll take a stab at that question. I would have to say the owner. He wanted to make more money so he kept adding and adding to the site until he lost control of it. No, I have never been a member. I have only ‘browsed’ the site. I wouldn’t lower myself to join, my computer might get the cooties or some other horrible virus. I wasn’t accepted by the site? Why would I want to be accepted by people like you? You’re spelling is horrible and you troll community boards arguing about a RATING COMMUNITY. Good job! Is mommy proud? By the way, still aren’t out of Jet’s uterus yet?

Quote:
Fabricating information for the sake of distaste or dipleasure, how do you justify this? You don't like someone, so you make every attempt you can to get them in trouble. Sounds like typical teen agnst to me really, though based on the grandios scale of your accusations, I've deducted a more accurate analogy for your actions, wherein; You don't like someone, so you make every attempt you can to end there life. I base this by comparing your judgmental attitude, with the original nature of this thread. Your actions are no better, and you should really learn to practice what you preach.
No, I haven’t fabricated any information. You have totally proved my point about the members of that site. Thanks for helping out!
If I could magically rid the world of idiots who can’t spell, use correct grammar, and who troll other communities then I would. Poof....be gone!

Quote:
One last note, before I rid myself of this idiocy. Throughout the course of my day, and only to prove a point in fact that your accusations are hollow, and you all should really be more focused on the lax security measures of your own site, I got in contact with several of my friends, asking them or members of there families to join this site. Only to prove my point, of course. Within the last fourteen or so hours I brought one of my good friends seven year old daughter, my own eight year old nephew, my twelve year old Godson, and another of my good friends four and a half year old daughter. This is just those who confirmed that they made accounts, who are of the juvinile spectrum. However, I also asked a few of my contacts to ask for individuals of a select nature to join this site aswell. Those confirmed thus far are; Three former rapests, a former child pornography videotographer, and seven other known sex offenders from the local area. Nearly half of whom are either former, or known **********. None, were even asked so much as there age.

Though even our members will agree, vampirefreaks.com is not perfect, that is impossible, at least we make an attempt to screen our members. I've seen nothing of the sort here.

I'll be off then, as I cannot stand the rediculusly slow page loading speed, nor the poorly made code for this site. Good day.
The way you could rid yourself of this idiocy is to STOP posting. Seriously. My, you’re dramatic. Oh, wow. you asked sex offenders to join this site. Um....yeah right kid. HA! This site does have a slow page loading site. It sucks, doesn’t it? Okay, have a nice day at school! By the way, use spell check the next time you post because you writing is hard on the eyes.

Old 06-05-2006, 06:38 AM   #100
J.M.Lovechild

The ballpark analogy is completey different to the VF issue. Yes, it would be fair to blame the ballpark if the dirty old man and the child had been openly flirting and beginning the relationship in full view of the staff. Or if after the murders had taken place, posters or something were left up honouring the man and girl.

Someone asked how Jet can be held responsible for moderating over half a million members. Well if he's not responsible enough to arrange some way to have members moderated (and stop 12 year olds joining a "sex cult") he shouldn't bloody well be taking it upon himself to create such a website.

Nobody on this forum said "Jet and VF are directly responsible for these murders.". They merely said that the site was, in their personal opinion, crap and that it was very badly moderated. One has every right to ask however, if VF had been more closely moderated and the relationship between a 12 year old and 23 year old paedophile had been detected, could the murders have been prevented? It's not an unreasonable thought.
J.M.Lovechild is offline   Reply With Quote