Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 11-18-2011, 12:05 AM   #6676
Saya

Once I thought the upstairs neighbours turned violent, but as I reached for the phone I realized she was just faking an orgasm.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 12:37 AM   #6677
Solumina

Wowalso: Ahahahaha!
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 05:56 AM   #6678
Mr.Doobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Once I thought the upstairs neighbours turned violent, but as I reached for the phone I realized she was just faking an orgasm.
That is an amazing story.
Old 11-18-2011, 06:01 AM   #6679
Versus

Once, my friend's girlfriend punched me in the face when I trying to separate them when their awkward-fight-with-people-over turned violent. It was still awkward, after.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 06:43 AM   #6680
Grausamkeit

Peaches, that is totally worth getting punched over. I've learned that friends' boyfriends often resent one's intervention. Probably because it's from an 'uppity' wimminz.

Is it just me or do most guys view women as 'not quite female' if a woman is not afraid of them?

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 07:28 AM   #6681
Versus

I think you misunderstood. It was my friend's girlfriend who became violent. She hit me when I took her outside and told her to go home.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:47 AM   #6682
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus View Post
I think you misunderstood. It was my friend's girlfriend who became violent. She hit me when I took her outside and told her to go home.
Yes, I did. Sorry about that.

Old 11-18-2011, 10:19 AM   #6683
Versus

Concerning your question, is that a colorful way of saying something else?

If you mean that most men don't consider it 'feminine' when women are prone to violence, I would be inclined to agree that that is often the case. Our society has clearly defined violence as something outside the female gender role, so it's not surprising that most people, women included, would fine it odd.

If you mean that most men don't consider it 'feminine' when women are not submissive to the threat of violence, I would be inclined to agree that that is also often the case, though for different reasons.

To me, the latter is more irritating then anything. In the instance I described above, I was trying to deescalate the situation by remaining calm and appealing to her with logic, so I did not threaten her with violence. However, I think it's implied that once you punch someone in face, it's kind of an open invitation to fight. It was irritating to me because my immediate thought was "Bitch, I could fucking wreck you." I didn't, but holy shit, I really wanted to. Looking back on it, I can't help but wonder if it was something I didn't do because my uppercuts are discriminate, or because violence isn't the answer.

My question to you: Is it me, or do most women think that, because they are women, they have impunity to physical retaliation whenever they get 'uppity?'

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 11-18-2011, 01:01 PM   #6684
Grausamkeit

In the south, at least in my family, most men are raised that you don't hit women....even if they are hitting you.

Yes, there are women that take total and complete advantage of that fact. I am ashamed to admit that at one time, I felt the same way. Sad thing is, they probably don't even step back to see why what they do is wrong.

I would like to say "Naw....it's totally NOT 'most', dude!" But I know it is a great number. I've known a lot more women that thought it would be okay to take physical retaliation on a man because they know(or think) that they can't be hit back. To me, that kind of mindset is abusive.

Old 11-18-2011, 01:35 PM   #6685
Versus

Nobody can blame you for that. I still think it's wrong to hit women simply because they are women. Pretty awful, isn't it?

Though to be fair, I'm not prone violence in general.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 11-18-2011, 01:42 PM   #6686
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Nobody can blame you for that. I still think it's wrong to hit women simply because they are women. Pretty awful, isn't it?

Though to be fair, I'm not prone violence in general.
I don't think it's awful. I just don't think that men should be the only ones taught not to hit people.

Old 11-18-2011, 01:47 PM   #6687
Versus

Oh, it's completely fine to hit each other.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 11-18-2011, 02:48 PM   #6688
Grausamkeit

Says the guy not prone to violence?

Old 11-18-2011, 02:55 PM   #6689
Versus

I was correcting your statement that men are taught not to hit people.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 11-18-2011, 03:07 PM   #6690
Grausamkeit

OKAY, it's not okay to teach males that they can't hit females and teaching females that they can hit males and get away with it, better?

Seriously, double-standards suck. Either everyone hits everyone or nobody hits anyone. I would prefer for people not to hit each other.

Old 11-18-2011, 03:11 PM   #6691
Versus

Not quite. I meant that men are taught that it's okay to fight other men.

Which is weird for me. I don't particularly have a problem with that, but I know I should.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 11-18-2011, 04:13 PM   #6692
honeythorn

My friend dragged me to see the new Twilight bollocks. Please kill me now.

On the other hand, before the film started ( and it was a good job really ) she was telling me about the brother of a mutual schoolfriend of ours.

She works in the jobcentre, and he came in to make a new unemployment claim. A co-worker had to see to him. The thing is.... He REEKS. He apparantly does not wash. Or brush his teeth.

His shoulder length hair is quite literally slicked back with it's own grease, his teeth have got their furry winter jackets on, and on top of it all he's growing a terrrific hobo style beard.

According to the poor woman who had to deal with him, the smell was so bad she genuinely felt quite ill. She reckons the paper on the desk was curling up and withering from the stench.

But then my friend, sat there in her cinema seat, little pot of icecream in hand, after describing all of the above... suddenly let up a great flapping of insane hands and gasping. She then turned to me and said " can you imagine how sticky his cock must be ? "

At which point I very loudly went AAAAAAGH!!!!! and promptly died in my chair, from a combination of hysterical soundless gasping laughter of the sort you can't seem to stop, and pure unadulterated horror at the mental image. I have thought with my eyes and I cannot unthink it.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 07:11 PM   #6693
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn View Post
My friend dragged me to see the new Twilight bollocks. Please kill me now.

On the other hand, before the film started ( and it was a good job really ) she was telling me about the brother of a mutual schoolfriend of ours.

She works in the jobcentre, and he came in to make a new unemployment claim. A co-worker had to see to him. The thing is.... He REEKS. He apparantly does not wash. Or brush his teeth.

His shoulder length hair is quite literally slicked back with it's own grease, his teeth have got their furry winter jackets on, and on top of it all he's growing a terrrific hobo style beard.

According to the poor woman who had to deal with him, the smell was so bad she genuinely felt quite ill. She reckons the paper on the desk was curling up and withering from the stench.

But then my friend, sat there in her cinema seat, little pot of icecream in hand, after describing all of the above... suddenly let up a great flapping of insane hands and gasping. She then turned to me and said " can you imagine how sticky his cock must be ? "

At which point I very loudly went AAAAAAGH!!!!! and promptly died in my chair, from a combination of hysterical soundless gasping laughter of the sort you can't seem to stop, and pure unadulterated horror at the mental image. I have thought with my eyes and I cannot unthink it.
Well look at the bright side, that mental image is still better than the movie.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 07:51 PM   #6694
Solumina

The Farmer's Market that I was planning on going to this Wednesday was cancelled (no clue why) and that was the last one for the year, I was planning on stocking up . At least a lot of the farmers will deliver stuff if you make a large enough order but I'm kind of impulsive when it come to buying food, I want to just be able to look over everything and go with whatever looks good at the moment (even if I'm not going to eat it any time soon).
-Carbon Leaf
Old 11-19-2011, 10:32 AM   #6695
Versus

I really hate that I sleep right next to the mortar pit.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 11-19-2011, 04:34 PM   #6696
Grausamkeit

Quote:
I really hate that I sleep right next to the mortar pit.
Dammit!

THERE'S JUST NO PLEASING YOU, IS THERE????

Old 11-19-2011, 06:30 PM   #6697
wolf moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
The Farmer's Market that I was planning on going to this Wednesday was cancelled (no clue why) and that was the last one for the year, I was planning on stocking up . At least a lot of the farmers will deliver stuff if you make a large enough order but I'm kind of impulsive when it come to buying food, I want to just be able to look over everything and go with whatever looks good at the moment (even if I'm not going to eat it any time soon).
Any good CSAs nearby? We always join a fruits-and-veggies CSA through the winter (we're extremely lucky, as our meat farm organizes their own buying club while the local markets are shut down, so we don't have to worry about meats). It's not quite the same as walking around and picking up unplanned deliciousness (my favorite part, too), but it's still sorta fun. You just get a giant basket of random crap, then you have to figure out what to do with it all.
wolf moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 09:43 PM   #6698
Solumina

Not that I know of but I have to admit that it isn't really something that I have looked into.

My rant for the night: apparently a crazy night of fun and drinks for my friends still ends earlier that when I usually go to sleep so I currently have a friend passed the fuck out on my couch and I'm just not ready to go to bed, yet I really don't want to wake her up cuz she looks so happy and content.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 11-19-2011, 11:00 PM   #6699
CarrionCorpse

My fuckign body hurts so bad because of the weather change and arthritis and shit. Ughh.
CarrionCorpse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 07:02 AM   #6700
Grausamkeit

It's tough getting olde, C_C.