Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 06-02-2008, 09:18 PM   #1
Jaye Jang

Seat Belts

Okay. This is where I add my 2 cents worth, but dear folks at G.net, nice and occasionally not nice notwithstanding, please, please wear your seatbelts when you drive.

I am a medical typist getting ready to finish my shift. This is not how I wanted to end it today. I will go home and probably dream about this last report. It was short, but then so was this girl's life. Well, she was just 17...but unlike the song by the Beatles -- she will not live to be 18. This was not a death summary, but it will eventually become one. Hopefully I will not have to type that. This report was a peritoneal lavage - -a procedure done when there are massive internal injuries. This child was ejected from her car because she was not wearing her seatbelt. The surgeon (and I) both know, from the type of injuries that this young lady sustained, that she is technically dead (no pulse, no breathing, no electrical brainwave activity, etc.). However, like most good parents, hers are not willing to let go yet.

Please, young folks, you are precious to somebody. Wear your seatbelts -- they do save lives.
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 10:12 PM   #2
Pantherlette086

That's horrible! I constantly check to see if my youngest stepdaughter is wearing one because she hates to. I don't know if they still do, but I remember when I was younger they taught us about the dangers about not wearing seat belts, and ever since then I have worn one.
Pantherlette086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 11:45 PM   #3
Wormboy

Yeah, anytime I hear about someone who died from not wearing a seatbelt and they're not children, I don't feel sorry for them. If you aren't smart enough to realize that if you don't wear a seatbelt you could DIE, you deserve to be shot out of your windshield. Consider it passive eugenics.

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Now we got this cracked out jungle hobo...."
Wormboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 05:22 AM   #4
Skybye

I have Mixed emotions about the Seat belts in High School a good friend on mine Lived through a terrible car wreck because he wasn't wearing his seat belt and was ejected from the car. Two other friends in that accident who were wearing their seat belts died in part because they were wearing their seat belts. I wear mine but every time I see the discussion Pete (the one who lived) pops into my head.
Skybye is offline   Reply With Quote