Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 08-04-2007, 05:00 AM   #1
Fear me not

Cannibals

Lately I've been thinking of this theory I thought up:

If you kill the old and mentally challenged, convince humans to become cannibals and feed them the remains of the newly dead wouldn't it benefit the world?
I mean what can the old do that a 'normal' human can't?
Wouldn't it mean less food wasted and one more new food source?
Wouldn't it also mean a more productive world ?
Fear me not is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 05:24 AM   #2
delicti

Soylent Green is people!!!
Old 08-04-2007, 01:07 PM   #3
Godslayer Jillian

We had a conversation of something like this just about a week ago, in fact.
I wouldn't kill anyone, but I proposed that those that are about to die, especially those that are sentenced to death, should be eaten after they die.
People would pay a nifty price for that, which could be used for whatever the hell seems appropriate.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 03:40 PM   #4
Tha Duckman

Man, I would so stab me some 'tards...
Tha Duckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 05:00 PM   #5
Tha Duckman

So, guess I'm by myself on this one, huh?
Old 08-04-2007, 05:23 PM   #6
HellforgedX

"I'd eat people if it was legal."
-Reel Big Fish
Old 08-04-2007, 06:33 PM   #7
PinstripesAndPithHelmets

Why the hell would we need to eat each other when food is so plentiful? It is an act of unmitigated savagery. Think of how we treat livestock. Now, think of how much worse off we'd be if we all saw each other as potential livestock. The act of habitually eating other humans would change the way that we, as a society, as a species, view each other, and for the worse. We treat each other like shit as it is; do we really need to devalue human life even further?
Old 08-04-2007, 07:34 PM   #8
Fear me not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Duckman
Man, I would so stab me some 'tards...

who wouldn't??
Old 08-04-2007, 08:11 PM   #9
Tha Duckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinstripesAndPithHelmets
Why the hell would we need to eat each other when food is so plentiful? It is an act of unmitigated savagery. Think of how we treat livestock. Now, think of how much worse off we'd be if we all saw each other as potential livestock. The act of habitually eating other humans would change the way that we, as a society, as a species, view each other, and for the worse. We treat each other like shit as it is; do we really need to devalue human life even further?
Purple People Eater comin' to getchoo!!!
Old 08-04-2007, 08:47 PM   #10
wishcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fear me not

If you kill the old and mentally challenged, convince humans to become cannibals and feed them the remains of the newly dead wouldn't it benefit the world?

Ewww, this really disturbed me. It bothers me that people actually think this way. *shudders* I agree with what PinstripesAndPithHelmets said. I think that people would start killing others just to eat them.
Ewww... now this is gonna creep me out for a while. -.-
Old 08-04-2007, 09:05 PM   #11
Fear me not

Misinterpretation

I didn't mean give people the right to slice up an old man for a free meal. I was thinking more like companies etc. etc. so it's not as bloody as you'd think.
It's just a theory,
and besides I don't think like this all the time...

So sorry?
Old 08-06-2007, 01:34 AM   #12
ravenlynne1

One word for you: Manbeef.com
ravenlynne1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 04:16 PM   #13
Clockwork

Would they come in little microwaveable packages?
Old 08-07-2007, 06:32 AM   #14
Apathy's_Child

Quote:

You're a tool. I would suggest you ought to go first being eaten, but I'm afraid to ingest that much stupid.
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 09:14 PM   #15
Umbrellacake

This actually does happen in many parts of the world, but it's never a rational course of action or pleasant turn of events that leads to it. It's simply not ethical. People, though they technically are animals, aren't animals.
Umbrellacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 03:12 PM   #16
Anguelon

I remember once having a conversation with my friend. He told me that he read an article in a scientific magazine stating that human flesh or homosapiens have the tastiest flesh. It was weird. On the other hand, we, as humans, eat livestock. But livestock we eat are herbivores. That also means that their feces is a good and natural fertilizer just because they don't eat meat. You can't eat the flesh of a being that is carnivorous or omnivorous. This means you can't eat the flesh of lion for it's carnivorous and it's flesh will make you sick even if you cook it. It has deadly spores. You can't use its feces as fertilizer either.

That leads back to Mad Cow's Disease. The idea here is that cow bones of previous slaughtered carcass' were dried up and grinded with the grass or whatever cows eat these days. Since cows' biological systems aren't made to eat meat for they are herbivores, that's what made them aggressive or as they say mad.
Old 09-09-2007, 03:21 PM   #17
LadyLucretia

Quote:

If you kill the old and mentally challenged
So you're volunteering then?
LadyLucretia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 11:42 AM   #18
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguelon
I remember once having a conversation with my friend. He told me that he read an article in a scientific magazine stating that human flesh or homosapiens have the tastiest flesh. It was weird.
I seem to recall that, according to the anthropology students who produced Hufu , human flesh tastes similar to beef, though it's moderately sweeter and is slightly less firm in texture.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 12:23 PM   #19
Anguelon

First, Tofu now Hufu. Poor Cannibles!
Old 09-11-2007, 02:48 PM   #20
Wormboy

You all also forget humans have an enzyme us that, when eaten by other humans, causes BRAIN DAMAGE. You can't eat humans, it's literally detrimental to your health, same thing with rats =). The only way cannibals (bloody savages) do it is because they evolved without the gene.

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Now we got this cracked out jungle hobo...."
Wormboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 06:10 PM   #21
zeronegativeplus

uhm

Quote:
I remember once having a conversation with my friend. He told me that he read an article in a scientific magazine stating that human flesh or homosapiens have the tastiest flesh. It was weird. On the other hand, we, as humans, eat livestock. But livestock we eat are herbivores. That also means that their feces is a good and natural fertilizer just because they don't eat meat. You can't eat the flesh of a being that is carnivorous or omnivorous. This means you can't eat the flesh of lion for it's carnivorous and it's flesh will make you sick even if you cook it. It has deadly spores. You can't use its feces as fertilizer either.

That leads back to Mad Cow's Disease. The idea here is that cow bones of previous slaughtered carcass' were dried up and grinded with the grass or whatever cows eat these days. Since cows' biological systems aren't made to eat meat for they are herbivores, that's what made them aggressive or as they say mad.
Interesting stuff. I didn't know that.
zeronegativeplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 06:11 PM   #22
zeronegativeplus

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLucretia

LOL! Shit man, that was so funny. Uhm, err, sorry...
zeronegativeplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 08:37 PM   #23
CountSixstring

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLucretia
Listen to her.
CountSixstring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 09:14 PM   #24
dark_dragon_of_ice

Quote:

But humans DO eat predators and so do most other predators. The fish you eat for example would most likely have feasted on plankton and or small fishs and in some cases larger fish. Snakes can be eaten by humans and birds eat snakes as well.
dark_dragon_of_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 01:09 AM   #25
VampirePrincess

I like to eat people. my dude is an x butcher and we make wiked people steaks, from drunk hobos.
VampirePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote