Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 01-25-2010, 06:32 AM   #1
Amunet

Angry Can someone send a virus to the asshole hijacking the music board?

REALLY? FUCKING REALLY? NO ONE WANTS TO READ YOUR GODDAMN ADVERTISEMENTS ABOUT PILLS AND SHIT, ESPECIALLY NOT 20,000 NEW THREADS ABOUT THEM, AND ESPECIALLY IN THE MUSIC BOARD.

Can someone do something about Clomideone's bullshit fucking advertisements in the music board? Like send a pipe bomb through the internet and blow their shit up? That would be a dream come true right about now.

Fucking Ridiculous.
Amunet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 06:34 AM   #2
Tam Li Hua

It's a bot, not a real person. You could send a PM to the admins, but I'm not sure they'd do a whole lot about it. :/
Old 01-25-2010, 06:50 AM   #3
Amunet

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam Li Hua View Post
It's a bot, not a real person. You could send a PM to the admins, but I'm not sure they'd do a whole lot about it. :/
I figured it was, because no person is that fucking idiotic... wait... well.... most people aren't that idiotic. lol

They took over the whole fucking board, and there's a new post every 10 seconds. I put them on the ignore list, but unfortunately it doesn't remove their threads from view. Its just a pain in the ass to navigate through all that bullshit.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:12 AM   #4
Tam Li Hua

Yeah, I know, but it seems to be a pretty common occurrence on Gnet; I have to wonder why. Most other forum boards I've been on don't have THIS much trouble with bots. :/

Maybe they need better anti-virus software on the mainframe or something.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:20 AM   #5
Methadrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam Li Hua View Post
Maybe they need better anti-virus software on the mainframe or something.
Not really. There are several, very easily implemented, solutions that me and some other forum members suggested in one of the feedback threads but none of them ever saw the light of day here, which in turn turned me to blatantly ignore the problem since what good is it to report it when no one is listening...

"Meow. Mew. Mrow. Maow? Miaox." - Lovely Delkaetre speaks cat.
Methadrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 07:24 AM   #6
Amunet

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methadrine View Post
Not really. There are several, very easily implemented, solutions that me and some other forum members suggested in one of the feedback threads but none of them ever saw the light of day here, which in turn turned me to blatantly ignore the problem since what good is it to report it when no one is listening...
I just sent a report to admins and to one of the moderators "DirtNap" so hopefully someone does something. I mean we're all going to have to put up with a little spam here and there, but this is fucking out of control. What's the use of a forum if no one can navi through the topics without having to look at a trillion fucking ads. Soon it will be all boards that the bots hijack versus just a couple and gnet will lose a lot of people for that.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:57 AM   #7
Man In Room 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amunet View Post
I just sent a report to admins and to one of the moderators "DirtNap" so hopefully someone does something. I mean we're all going to have to put up with a little spam here and there, but this is fucking out of control. What's the use of a forum if no one can navi through the topics without having to look at a trillion fucking ads. Soon it will be all boards that the bots hijack versus just a couple and gnet will lose a lot of people for that.
No offense, but it's so obvious you're new here. We've been echoing these complaints for several weeks. It seems to run in cycles and right now is the bad part of the cycle. The admins are OK....when they're here....but that's not often. And DirtNap is never on. Considering his past record, we're better off that way.
Man In Room 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 11:12 AM   #8
Amunet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man In Room 5 View Post
No offense, but it's so obvious you're new here. We've been echoing these complaints for several weeks. It seems to run in cycles and right now is the bad part of the cycle. The admins are OK....when they're here....but that's not often. And DirtNap is never on. Considering his past record, we're better off that way.
yes I am new, and I didn't know that, it sucks, you would think admins would try and do something about it bec in the end they're just going to lose members. who the hell wants to talk in a place overrun with bullshit advertisements. I like Gnet so far aside from this discrepancy. Gah.
Hope they do something eventually, As of now I would say the music board is done for until they do.
Thanks for the heads up btw
Amunet
Old 01-25-2010, 12:54 PM   #9
Still Jack

I maintain that DirtNap is horrendous cunt and deserves syphilis.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:03 PM   #10
Amunet

wow. well he was the only one i could find listed as a moderator, is there others? (uh hem not that it would help)
Old 01-25-2010, 01:13 PM   #11
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
I think this might be one of the worst spambots we've ever had, already the threadlist has 5 full pages of it, and it's posting more every min.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 01:17 PM   #12
Amunet

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus View Post
I think this might be one of the worst spambots we've ever had, already the threadlist has 5 full pages of it, and it's posting more every min.
i know. i tried to fight it, i really did.... but alas, I failed.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:40 PM   #13
Still Jack

I forgot about the infraction thing. Everyone should give it an infraction, then it gets banned for 5 or so days a pop.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:53 PM   #14
Amunet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Jack View Post
I forgot about the infraction thing. Everyone should give it an infraction, then it gets banned for 5 or so days a pop.
i reported one of the posts like, 2 or 3 times, but how do you give it an infraction???
Old 01-25-2010, 03:10 PM   #15
Ben Lahnger

That's the red and yellow icon to the bottom-left of each post, located between the "online/offline" indicator and the "report post" button.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 03:11 PM   #16
PortraitOfSanity

I'm guessing she can't, as she's a newer member.

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 03:20 PM   #17
Ben Lahnger

Not to mention the fact that she's been offline since before I posted that.

But I've reported a few of them. I would have run down a whole row, but the damned system makes you wait 60 seconds before you can report another post.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 04:26 PM   #18
Renatus

Yeah I've reported a few myself, but there are ALOT of them.

**update** the spambot has now filled up 22 pages worth of thread lists. Keep in mind there are only 67 pages of thread lists, so it has now taken up 1/3 of the music forum.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Old 01-25-2010, 04:29 PM   #19
JethroAranas

its filling up the whole new threads.i've reported some too.must contact the Gnet directly
JethroAranas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 05:01 AM   #20
Amunet

Ya I dont have the ability to do the infraction thing, but thanks for the tip for future reference...

Is it still going or is it suspended yet... hold on gonna look
Old 01-26-2010, 08:00 PM   #21
KissMeDeadly

The best thing you can do with the spam is ignore it, I don't think it's going away any time soon. It's really not so bad once you get used to it, you don't even see it anymore.
KissMeDeadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:50 PM   #22
Renatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by KissMeDeadly View Post
The best thing you can do with the spam is ignore it, I don't think it's going away any time soon. It's really not so bad once you get used to it, you don't even see it anymore.
You know you're right, as long as we dont go on the first 1/3 of the music forum, you start to forget it's there. cookie?

Old 01-26-2010, 09:51 PM   #23
the-nihilist

I don't think clearing your cookies will get rid of any of it. It's stored on a remote server.
Old 01-27-2010, 06:19 AM   #24
Naked Lunch

I thought the same flippin thing. Pisses me off quite a bit.
Naked Lunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 08:39 AM   #25
Renatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-nihilist View Post
I don't think clearing your cookies will get rid of any of it. It's stored on a remote server.
No I was just offering a cookie.