Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 10-11-2014, 04:54 PM   #1
Lady Ruthven

I should have written this a while ago

Hi,

I'm not actually new here, just haven't been about much recently. I somehow missed the introduction questions first time round, so here goes;

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)

I'm a drama student, hoping to go into acting professionally. I am also a writer on the side (mainly novels and a bit of poetry here and there). In terms of hobbies, I enjoy music, dance, reading and pretty much anything art-related. I'm also very interested in ancient history and world mythology.

2. Where are you from?

I grew up in Ireland, now live in London. My family is a mixture of nationalities, so I don't really feel tied to anywhere in particular.

3. Who is your favorite author?

Myself haha! No seriously, I don't think think I could choose between Mary Shelley, Percy Shelley, Lord Byron, Bram Stoker, Edgar Allen Poe, Charles Baudelaire, Anne Rice and Stephen King.

4. What are your favorite films?

I really love the classic horror movies, but I'm also into surrealist scifi and psychological thrillers. Again, I don't think I could pick just one or two titles.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?

Nature's music; waves breaking on a rocky shore.

6. At your funeral?

Nature's music again; winter wind in the trees. Or one of Chopin's nocturnes.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?

Young and tragically. Hopefully not TOO young though...

8. What kind of casket would you want?

Something extravagant - black lacquer, green velvet lining, silver decoration. Who knows, I might be spending daylight hours in it for eternity, so it needs to be NICE.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?

Oh dear, I have too many clothes for this question. Let's just say that it involves black lace. LOTS of black lace.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?

I think I'm too young to start reminiscing about my childhood.

11. What's your favorite band?

One of the usual - the Cure, Sisters of Mercy, good old Alice Cooper and Marilyn Manson. I'm also a big David Bowie fan - not goth but so what?

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?

GCSE and A-levels so far. I'll have an acting degree when I leave drama school.

13. Why did you join?

To meet like-minded people and talk about interests we share.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?

I'm a girl. To me gender doesn't define people though.
Lady Ruthven is offline   Reply With Quote