Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 12-25-2012, 08:36 AM   #1
Hyaena

The Resurrection of Bete Noire...

If that means anything to anyone left on here, then cool, if not, then allow me to explain.

I was a member of this place (as Bete Noire) many years ago (7 or 8 I think!!), but eventually dropped by less and less as life got larger and larger. I've occasionally been by since then, but not often, and not for long. Assuming nothing else comes along to consume my time in a more productive way I shall be a little more active henceforth.

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job) Currently studying Archaeology in Reading. Outside of that I work in a Pet Shop :P

2. Where are you from?
Mama's cunny… that and the UK

3. Who is your favorite author?
I like a bit of Neil Gaiman, Joe Hill, Martin Mcdonagh (although he tends to do plays) and many many more that I'm not going to list because it'll quickly become tedious!!!

4. What are your favorite films?
The Fifth Element, Let the Right One In, Pitch Black, Snatch, Layer Cake, Rock n Rolla, Four Lions, Black Snake Moan, Pulp Fiction, In Bruges, Seven Psychopaths, The Guard (and more)

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
Jesca Hoop - Tulip
Sisters of Mercy - Floorshow
Mad Dog Mcrea - Am I Drinking Enough?
Smokey Bastard - Mongrel

6. At your funeral?
Ben Howard - Keep Your Head Up
Johnny Cash - God's Gonna Cut You Down
Tom Waits - Goin' Out West

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
Orgasmically? Or failing that, somewhere that my post-mortem bowel movements will be discreet!!! :P

8. What kind of casket would you want?
No casket. Wilderness burial I think.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
T-shirt, jeans, boots. Creative motherfucker that I am.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
No idea to be honest, I enjoy where I am now.

11. What's your favorite band?
Got a fair few, will list a fair few less!! Siouxsie, Bauhaus, Sisters, Nephs, The Cure Subhumans, UK Subs, Gallows, The Damned, Gogol Bordello, Smokey Bastard, Ben Howard, Laura Marling, Nick Cave, Tom Waits, Leonard Cohen, Black Stone Cherry, Tiamat, Paradise Lost, Killing Joke, Jesca Hoop, The Skints, Collide, Gaudi, the JB Conspiracy, The Skints, Random Hand, Front Line Assembly, RHCP, Alice in Chains and a LOT more in most genres.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
I have an expensive education, by which I mean that unlike civilised countries, the current barbarian wielder of the political airbrush has decreed we should all pay through our arses to go to University, cause, y'know, it's about money not ability, right…?
I'm doing Archaeology at Reading Uni, in my 2nd year (of 3).

13. Why did you join?
I think I first joined in 2005, and my initial motive for joining has been washed away by the intervening years.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
Male, to the best of my knowledge!

Anyway, good to be back, I'm going to shuffle off and have a look round, see what's changed
Hyaena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:59 AM   #2
Languor

Archaeology must be amazing to study. My mum studied it when she was young and went on digs in Israel. So cool.
Languor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:13 AM   #3
Hyaena

Israel has a LOT of really cool sites! I'm hoping to get onto a few digs over there in the next couple of years!!! Only issue is the pressure from religious groups to portray the data in a certain way, which is sad but no unexpected.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:03 PM   #4
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Remember you? I used your name as one of the characters in my gnet fanfiction Town and Turret! Welcome back!

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:19 AM   #5
MissCheyenne

Never really interacted with you but I know who you are through seeing old posts. Welcome back

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:30 PM   #6
Hyaena

@Humane - good to see you're still around!!!! I'd bloody well hope you remember me given the great span of time you've wandered these boards (or some other equally grandiose acknowledgement of your longevity ;p)

@MissCheyenne - well nice to err… 'meet' you then!!! :P