Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 12-02-2008, 01:17 PM   #1
Sanguine Mind

Anti-eyebrow piercing or lip?

I've been saving up some money for a new piercing, but I only have enough for one, so which do you think would be better, and Anti-eyebrow or lip?

It will only be my second, so which would be easier to take care of?
Sanguine Mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 08:42 AM   #2
Steele_Mistress

Generally I think lip piercings LOOK better but if you're going for what's easier to take care of, it's definitely the eyebrow. I've had a lot of trouble from my labret and monroe because they are in my mouth and my mouth/piercings get really irritated when I chew and the piercings rub up against my teeth and gums and sometimes my piercings tend to want to sink into my lip and I have to change from smaller piercings to bigger piercings [$10.00 for each extra piercing jewelry down here] and it's crap.

Here is what happens to my monroe when it gets irritated and sinks into my skin.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...titled-2-2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...titled-1-6.jpg
Stick with an eyebrow piercing. You can't go wrong there.
Steele_Mistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 09:03 AM   #3
Serren

I guess it depends on what you look like. My eye brow piercing has never been a problem and healed very quickly. I've never had my lip done tho.
Serren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:58 AM   #4
Solumina

um...an anti-eyebrow isn't an eyebrow piercing, it is on the upper cheek and can be put at various angles, this is a "horizontal" anti-eyebrow. Personally I'm not a big fan of anti-eyebrow piercings, I think they look kind of weird.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:33 PM   #5
Haunted House

You can never go wrong with a nose ring.
Old 12-03-2008, 01:20 PM   #6
Sanguine Mind

Lol, I said Anti-eyebrows.
MY eyebrow is already pierced.
Heres a better example of an anti-eyebrow:
http://www.bmezine.com/pierce/04-eye...-anit-brow.jpg
Besides nose, any other suggestions?
Old 12-03-2008, 02:33 PM   #7
Necrophagist

Tongue piercing, dick piercing, ear piercing, nipple piercing, lip piercing...

I am the Antiproduct!

There is, they say, no fool like an old fool - Golding.

" All the war-propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting." - Orwell.
Necrophagist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 06:29 PM   #8
Steele_Mistress

Ah.

Well I think genitalia piercings are nasty. Ew.
Steele_Mistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 07:57 PM   #9
Sanguine Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steele_Mistress
Ah.

Well I think genitalia piercings are nasty. Ew.
I agree.
Fuckthe10letterRule
Old 12-03-2008, 08:16 PM   #10
Beneath the Shadows

I say go with a lip piercing. Stick with a hoop until it's totally healed. I had the same sinking-in as Steele_Mistress demonstrated.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 01:18 AM   #11
Sanguine Mind

Ok then, I guess I'll go with lip I don't think I can quite pull off an anti-eyebrow.

By hoop do you mean a CBR or is there a special kind?
Old 12-04-2008, 01:38 AM   #12
Pineapple_Juice

I think you'd be better off with a lip piercing anyway 'cause eyebrows and anti-eyebrows tend to migrate and work themselves out of your skin anyway, don't they?
Now that I've said that I plan on getting an anti-eyebrow done, but with dermal anchors instead of the normal surface piercing thing. I think they can do that.
Pineapple_Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 01:55 AM   #13
Sanguine Mind

They can, But dermals might look a bit strange, go for microdermals instead.
Old 12-04-2008, 03:23 PM   #14
Pineapple_Juice

^ Are they different then? lol
Pineapple_Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 03:50 PM   #15
Sanguine Mind

Microdermals generally hold a single stud, Dermals are generally used for making "pockets", Or so I've heard, I might be wrong.
Old 12-04-2008, 04:31 PM   #16
Xombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haunted House
You can never go wrong with a nose ring.
You can if you're Opteron Man.
Xombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 07:30 PM   #17
Kij.

Anti-eyebrow.
Kij. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 12:24 AM   #18
Arkana

I want to say lip probably because that's what I have. You can usually tell how long some one has had their lip pierced by where it's placed. If someone has had it 6+ years it's most likely in the center. If it's newer and a bit trendier then it's on the side. Nothing wrong with the side though. I just never see anyone with the center piercing anymore. I guess that horse might have been beaten to death.
Arkana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 12:38 AM   #19
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguine Mind View Post
Ok then, I guess I'll go with lip I don't think I can quite pull off an anti-eyebrow.

It's better to put a labret piercing (bar bell with a flat end)

Your lip WILL swell, and you'll have to buy a bigger ring for it, then downsize or else you'll look like a retard. So just buy the labret piercing jewelry until it heals, then toss a ring in it.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 09:35 AM   #20
Stabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguine Mind View Post

CBR's are good for healing. I healed mine with the horseshoe ones and it worked well for me.
http://www.bodyjewelleryworld.co.uk/HS12-10-8.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkana View Post
I want to say lip probably because that's what I have. You can usually tell how long some one has had their lip pierced by where it's placed. If someone has had it 6+ years it's most likely in the center. If it's newer and a bit trendier then it's on the side. Nothing wrong with the side though. I just never see anyone with the center piercing anymore. I guess that horse might have been beaten to death.
I think the center ones look great on a girl. But I like having mine on the side because I tend to play with it a lot (I have a lot of nervous energy). There were some times when I wish it was in the middle cuz there are some pretty cool labrets and stuff that would be more suited to be centered.
Stabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 09:53 AM   #21
Beneath the Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkana View Post
How do you figure? I had mine on the side, and I got it seven years ago. I'm now considering getting one in the center.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 12:10 PM   #22
Zabijej

Anti eyebrow. Everyone and their uncle has lip piercings.
Zabijej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 03:14 PM   #23
Arkana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneath the Shadows View Post
How do you figure? I had mine on the side, and I got it seven years ago. I'm now considering getting one in the center.
Mine's actually the reverse of your's. I've had mine for 7 years too and was thinking about getting one on the side since mine's in the middle.

I said there was nothing wrong it being on the side. All I mean is that you can usually, but not always, tell how long ago someone may have gotten it by where it's placed because as time went on more people began getting it on the side. That wasn't intended to be in insult of any kind. I don't mean anymore or any less by what I said.

I understand what Stabby means by it looking different on different people. There are definitely a lot of cool labret and other rings out there. I want the side done now because I want one of those slightly twisted rings for it. I really like those. I just think it may look weird on me if I put it in the middle. It's like trying to center something that is off centered.
Old 06-21-2009, 03:17 PM   #24
CountVonCount

I got my labret pierced for a year, they're fairly common but you won't see them every day. They usually work on most, too.
It healed pretty quick, the salting wasn't too difficult as I filled a tiny paper cup with the recommended solution and held it against my lip/chin for a minute every morning/night for two or three weeks. I agree with Arkana, side lip rings are incredibly trendy right now. Do NOT get a monroe as only the smallest handful of people can actually pull them off. While they exploded a year or two ago they're still a up there on the trend ladder.

Anti eyebrows are pretty fierce, though. If you're looking for something that will stand out that would be the choice.

On a somewhat side note, would anyone with snake bites consider them being difficult if they were in the middle of their lip? I want to get two labrets, side by side, but wonder if that would be too akward (talking wise as well as aesthetically speaking).
CountVonCount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 03:36 PM   #25
Arkana

I don't think it would look too awkward Count. I think it would look interesting because I've never seen someone who's had them positioned like that before.

I agree with you about the Monroes too. Very few people can pull those off. I knew this girl who I worked with and I was really surprised on how good it looked on her. It looked almost natural.