Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 03-17-2013, 07:49 PM   #1
queenofwinter

Unhappy Life is so challenging

I feel like releasing some of my feelings and thoughts. Here lately I just feel so negative. Ever since I had my car accident this past Christmas. I have been so stressed in getting. My life together. Luckily nothing major happened with the exception of a broken foot, my car being totaled and not being able to work for 3 months. The settlement took forever and I finally got the needed surgery this past week but I guess what hurts the most is discovering that some of the your friends are not there in your time of need...not being able to go anywhere is affecting me a lot. I guess there is nothing I can do at the moment but to give my wounds time heal and let the pieces fall where they need to go.
queenofwinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:26 PM   #2
Catch

Life is really difficult sometimes. You just need to stay focused and sometimes go through the motions of work and living until getting through everything. I've dealt with grief in life and sometimes just turning off the emotions and getting through the day is enough; otherwise, it can really all fall apart. Eventually, or occasionally sit down and really think about everything to start letting go of the past and get ready for the future.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:37 PM   #3
queenofwinter

Thank you for those words of wisdom. You are so right ..I will try to do that.
Old 03-20-2013, 03:46 PM   #4
Solumina

See someone about it if you can, mental wounds are just as real as physical ones. I know that not everyone has access to mental health professionals so, while they are the best option, there are other people you could talk to like a minister, support group, or even just mention to your doctor that your accident has taken an emotional toll and see what he/she recommends. Unfortunately with traumatic events the emotional fallout can be just as bad, if not worse than the event itself, do what you can to get through the immediate future but emotionally shutting down is not a long term solution, what you are going through needs to be dealt with.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:04 PM   #5
queenofwinter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
See someone about it if you can, mental wounds are just as real as physical ones. I know that not everyone has access to mental health professionals so, while they are the best option, there are other people you could talk to like a minister, support group, or even just mention to your doctor that your accident has taken an emotional toll and see what he/she recommends. Unfortunately with traumatic events the emotional fallout can be just as bad, if not worse than the event itself, do what you can to get through the immediate future but emotionally shutting down is not a long term solution, what you are going through needs to be dealt with.
Thank you for the advise I really appreciate it. I think I will mention it to my doctor The next time I see him.