Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 04-06-2006, 01:32 PM   #1
Queenofdarkness57

Diet Pills

I ate a lot this summer especially when I was abroad, but I started to put on some weight 4 months ago. I have tried going to dietitians, but I always failed to follow the diet. I don't know what's happening to me, I'm craving food all the time. As I was in the car last night, I noticed an ad about a diet pill named Mycilin(sp?) that makesyou lose your appetite all day long. Summer's arriving soon and I'm really worried and I feel greatly uncomfortable with my figure. Since I'm only 15 yrs old,diet pills are thought to be unhealthy for my age. Do you think I should take them or find other ways to fight food tempation?Help...
Old 04-06-2006, 01:34 PM   #2
Oubliette

Trim Spa took my appatite away. I lost 20lbs and then found I was too poor to keep up with it, but it definitely works.

"Can't we all just get a bong?"-Wolfie-
Oubliette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 01:36 PM   #3
Queenofdarkness57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oubliette
Trim Spa took my appatite away. I lost 20lbs and then found I was too poor to keep up with it, but it definitely works.
Some say that you gain weight like crazy when you stop taking the pills. Did you experience that>?
Old 04-06-2006, 01:43 PM   #4
Oubliette

yeah I guess I did. I will not disclose how much I gained after that.

but isn't that the same with any diet pill?

Old 04-06-2006, 01:44 PM   #5
Oubliette

wait! you're 15? don't take the pills.

Old 04-06-2006, 01:46 PM   #6
Oubliette

there are vitamins that help with carb cravings I think. Oh and caffine makes you get bad cravings

Old 04-06-2006, 01:52 PM   #7
Saya

http://win.niddk.nih.gov/publications/prescription.htm

You're very young, and girls tend to put on weight at your age, you're not done growing. Plus, you're a gorgeous girl and I doubt you need to lose weight that bad.

If you just want to control cravings, I saw on ctv a few weeks ago that by eating fast we do not give the body time to tell you you're full. Try chewing your food very slowly, about fifty chews for a mouthfull (That seems like a lot, but its really not). I know this makes it easier for your stomach to digest food, I've notice I get full faster if I do that, but it might be just be my mind ^_^.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 01:59 PM   #8
gruel

Forget the "low-carb pill diets".
Eat less,exercise more. Pretty simple.
gruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 02:54 PM   #9
Phayte

Do not starve yourselves to lose weight. Its not worth it.
Just try smaller portions of food. Drink lots of water and stay somewhat active.
I know exactly how hard it is to actually do these things, but I'm probably a little heavier then you so it shouldn't be too much of a change. Just take it one day at a time.. and forget any diet pill. They work for a little while, but then you stop taking them and gain it all back or more.
~William Shakespeare
Phayte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 03:08 PM   #10
spookypurple

You're still growing, honey.

Make sure you're getting the right vitamins and minerals. If you're having cravings, it can also be because your body is screaming at you to get a particular nutrient. e.g. at certain times of the month we girlies often get mad chocolate cravings. Chocolate contains magnesium. We need magnesium to stop that slightly unpleasant feeling of being turned inside out for those few days every month. Do you know what I mean?? That's just one example though.

Hamlet
spookypurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 03:23 PM   #11
horrorgirl

A healthy way to keep in shape is to walk every day. I started walking 20 minutes every morning. I have also started eating better. Instead of junk food I snack on fruit and veggies. At your age gaining weight is normal because your body is still developing. I gained weight because I stopped smoking.

I'm gothtastically delicious!
horrorgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 03:39 PM   #12
Velvet Rain Drops

It will be hard at first but you can do it. It depends on what you do to stay active. Some girls in my school told me smoking will help; But I tried it didn't work and i got sick from smoking to much. So if any one tells you that smoking will help with droping the wieght, don't do it it can be bad, really bad. Just think healthy.
Velvet Rain Drops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 07:00 PM   #13
Godslayer Jillian

Diet pills are sometimes addictive. The best way to lose weight is self-comtrol.
And anyway, if those pills only make you lose your appetite, they won't be any good. All the nutritionists I've talked to say that people losing weight always make this mistake. The body doesn't recieve any nutrition, so it uses it's reserves (our stored fat), but it won't help your figure which is adapted to your weight. In other words, if I got it, if you just don't eat, you'll have less fat, but extra skin I guess

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 09:01 PM   #14
WolfMoon

Drink plenty of water as well.

When you starve yourself, your body goes into 'starvation mode' and holds onto all the fat you've got.

I would recommend moderate excercise(bellydancing is a good choice) and smaller portions of food(chewed well). I know it can be hard, but you have to fight your cravings.
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 09:54 PM   #15
bunnicula

Most diet pills don't really work. The ones that do work contain some form of speed, and get taken off the market really quickly. Trim Spa has an herb called "hoodia gordonii" that is an appetite suppressant, which works for some people. you can buy it at health food stores for way less than the cost of TrimSpa brand pills. I haven't heard of the one you mentioned, but check the label for ingredients, and post them. I can tell you what the ingredients do (or you can google them). The speedy ones will make you lose weight, but you'll gain it back when you stop taking them. The non-speedy ones don't work so well, and most likely if they do work it is placebo effect.

Last edited by bunnicula; 04-06-2006 at 09:55 PM. Reason: typo
bunnicula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 11:20 PM   #16
emeraldlonewoulf

Drink lots of water. Take a multi-vitamin, think fruits and veggies, lean protein, and maybe take up a sport. and for heaven's sake, don't take diet pills. They aren't healthy for people of any age. You have a lot of growing and developing left to do, don't mess with your metabolism right now. Their can be lasting damage from taking diet pills, especially for someone with a growing body.

question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper of Death
(shouts) WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG??!!?
answer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneath the Shadows
Because some people are dicks. And not everyone else is gay.
emeraldlonewoulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 07:21 AM   #17
Queenofdarkness57

[quote=Velvet Rain Drops Some girls in my school told me smoking will help; But I tried it didn't work and i got sick from smoking to much. So if any one tells you that smoking will help with droping the wieght, don't do it it can be bad, really bad. Just think healthy.[/QUOTE]
I know. Girls in my school told me that, too. I was honestly too dumb that I started smoking for a week. The I decided I'm not going to kill myself for such a lame purpose, and quit. Smoking is really bad, never again!
Old 04-07-2006, 07:25 AM   #18
Queenofdarkness57

[quote=bunnicula] you can buy it at health food stores for way less than the cost of TrimSpa brand pills. I haven't heard of the one you mentioned, but check the label for ingredients, and post them.QUOTE]
I didn't buy it, yet. I wanted to make sure there are no side effects for taking them. But I'll check their site and post the ingredients later. Thanks anyways!
Old 04-07-2006, 07:30 AM   #19
Queenofdarkness57

Thanks everyone for the advice. Some of you told me to exercise more often, but I have two taebo courses and 1 body attack course per week. Do you think that's enough? And I drink a LOT of water, it varies between 2-4 liters per day. My major problem is at night, though. I usually follow the diet perfectly well until the evening, where I can't control myself and eat anything in my sight. I have to work more on my determination to lose weight, I guess.
Old 04-07-2006, 07:32 AM   #20
Queenofdarkness57

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfMoon
I would recommend moderate excercise(bellydancing is a good choice) and smaller portions of food(chewed well). I know it can be hard, but you have to fight your cravings.
I know! I eat VERY fast and barely chew my food! Great idea, I'm thinking of taking up bellydancing, I'm pretty good at it. Thanks Wolfmoon
Old 04-07-2006, 07:34 AM   #21
Queenofdarkness57

Quote:
Diet pills are sometimes addictive. The best way to lose weight is self-comtrol.
I wish that was easy!
Quote:
In other words, if I got it, if you just don't eat, you'll have less fat, but extra skin I guess
HEHEEEE!
Old 04-07-2006, 08:04 AM   #22
MissJames

OTC diet pills aren't worth the cost - seriously! and they're mostly just caffiene and some herbs (that aren't proven to do anything) anyway. drink a few cups of green tea a day instead! there's a bit of caffiene in it, plus the antioxidants are good for you. I echo the sensible eating suggestions below, doing lots of moving around (even it's just lame dancing around your room or something), and lots of water (and soda - even diet - doesn't count!). I drink crystal light or something similar when I'm sick of water.

I take a multivitamin, a B-complex, and an actress friend of mine recomennded taking a choline & inositol supplement. when they had performances they could only eat a light lunch (so they wouldn't you know, have stomach issues during the play) and the supplement helps your body make the most of what you do eat. it's also really good for you liver. here's some info:

"A lipotropic nutrient is one that promotes or encourages the export of fat from the liver. Lipotropics are necessary for the maintenance of a healthy liver as well as burning the exported fat for additional energy. Without lipotropics such as choline and inositol, fats and bile can become trapped in the liver, causing severe problems such as cirrhosis and blocking fat metabolism. Choline is essential for fat metabolism. Choline functions as a methyl donor and it is required for proper liver function. Like inositol, choline is a lipotropic. Inositol exerts lipotropic effects as well. An "unofficial" member of the B vitamins, inositol has even been shown to relieve depression and panic attacks.

Methionine, an essential amino acid, is the major lipotropic compound in humans. When estrogen levels are high, the body requires more methionine. Estrogens reduce bile flow through the liver and increase bile cholesterol levels. Methionine helps deactivate estrogens.

Methionine levels also affect the amount of sulfur-containing compounds, such as glutathione, in the liver. Glutathione and other sulfur-containing peptides (small proteins) play a critical role in defending against toxic compounds. When higher levels of toxic compounds are present, more methionine is needed.

Choline assists detoxification reactions in the liver. Although choline can be synthesized from methionine or serine, recent evidence indicates that choline is an essential nutrient."

It's NOT any kind of miricle diet pill or anything, but it is good for you in general. you can get a supplement that has both in one pill. I take 500mg a day, and you can get it at any drugstore that has a good selection of vitamins.

if you really are gaining a lot of weight or your appetite has changed drastically, you should go to your doc for blood tests - it could be a thyroid problem.
MissJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 11:21 AM   #23
cannibalnuns

Most of the times when you feel hungry it is simply your body wanting water. In all honesty you do not need food nor are you hungry. So drink more water and spend time on the shunky and give your bladder some exercise.

Down with pills for cheap thrills.
Up with water to look hotter.
-Don't ask...................
Firmness in enduring and exertion is a character I always wish to possess. I have always despised the whining yelp of complaint and cowardly resolve.- Robert Burns
cannibalnuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 08:45 PM   #24
bunnicula

In response to the above post, most women do look like the "before" picture- that is a natural way for women to look. She looks healthy, and is not overweight in my opinion. In the "after" picture she is skinnier, but doesn't necessarily look any more attractive.
bunnicula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 09:14 PM   #25
Godslayer Jillian

Most women over here are obsessed with their weight. I say no woman is fat unless I can put my face on her skin and my silouette stays printed in her for three seconds

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote