Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

View Poll Results: ...
.. 0 0%
... 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 09:13 AM   #651
MrMaelstrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loy

A-Radiohead's "OK Computer" was # 1, while Public Enemy's "It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back" was # 2. In other words, middling white boys with guitar doing formulaic music decently will always be taken more seriously than talented black men who not only changed how people listen to music, or what kind of music they listen to, but also how music is created in the first place...thanks for clarifying that, Spin magazine.
Sorry dude, but no matter how much I love the guys who penned "Welcome to the Terrordome", "Fight the Power", "911 is a Joke" amongst many other great songs, Radiohead kick their arse any day of the week when it comes to musical construction alone.

Public Enemy represent everything that I hold true and do not see in todays rap/hip-hop music (a real message), but the fact alone that no one holds up their banner today says it all when it comes to influencing things on a practical level, whereas Radiohead are still going strong and pushing the boundaries of what kind of stuff gets airplay with every song and album they put out.

"Street Spirit" and "Fake Plastic Trees" alone from the album "The Bends" are enough reason for that band never to be forgotten.

As for grunge, Id' only put Temple of the Dog as an influencing band/album (because they're what would become Pearl Jam and Soundgarden and Alice in Chains out of a tribute album to the dead singer of Mother Love Bone).

Ministry?! hummmmmmmm fuck yeah, you're right. same goes for Butthole, Motorhead and Turbonegro.

And I totally agree with you when it comes to the drunk vet. You should have talked/punched some sense into the guy. It's not a matter of doing the right thing like many here said, but it's a matter of coherence just like you pointed out.

Worry not, I'm sure that the experience will make sure you don't let another one slip by.

Send him over here. We love to hear the words "hey, you can't do this to me: I'm an american!"
It really makes our blackened little hearts smile with joy at the treatment we give our tourists (not to be confused with the US tourist who is polite, knowledgeable or just mildly curious about the place he's in - Europeans out there: they do exist and some of them are even from the midwest and look like E_E :shock: )

We're not all spitting on Lance Armstrong over here, mind you... and most french people I know feel terribly proud of him for doing what he does best in France every year (despite the fact that an american is the best at the french creme de la creme sport).

Let's see how you guys do in the 2006 World Football Championship in Germany (the real football [soccer], not the one we call Grid Iron).
That will do more for your global politics than anything your administration will ever come up with.

And yes, I was pissed off when the US beat Portugal in the last world championship, but was glad when we were beaten by Iraq in the Olympic championship (they deserved to win. They played better).

What was I on again?

I gotta go to Lisbon tomorrow. The Chemical Brothers as well as Krudder and Dorfmeister are playing a live set... And Underworld are coming....
Old 07-12-2005, 07:13 PM   #652
WolfMoon

Aren't The Chemical Brothers one of those icky raver bands?

:shock:
Old 08-23-2005, 08:20 PM   #653
Corpus_Draconis

Ok, I'm going to rant right now.

GRRRR!!! I hate popups! They should be illegal. There's one that, no matter what I click, even the X button on the top right corner of the title bar, that STILL takes me to the WinFixer thing and tries to download a copy of it onto my comp. It doesn't give me ANY F***(are we allowed to swear on here?) CHOICE with regards to what happens. This is supposed to be a free country. I have to close about 5 things before I can finally stop it downloading the WinFixer. I hate things like that. Just like I hate the fact that a large majority of stores cater to mainstream, average-height girls. Just like I hate the fact that the government controls the media, and the media, within their boundaries, only broadcasts things that will get them good ratings. Just like I hate the fact that capitalism seems to be the best system we have, and it's still APALLING. Just like I hate the fact that governments are controlled by big, rich companies and people that don't really care what happens to everyone else.

GOD DAMN F***ING GRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!

*sigh* that made me feel better.
Without an honest heart
as compass

--Nightwish.
Old 08-23-2005, 08:36 PM   #654
AlKilyu

I agree. North Korea is controlled by the rich and has a death grip on what little media they have.
Old 08-23-2005, 08:57 PM   #655
Corpus_Draconis

*frown* How much reporting of the war on Iraq do you see? How much actual footage? They don't want an other Vietnam. Government censorship is more subtle in North America than it is in North Korea.
Without an honest heart
as compass

--Nightwish.

Last edited by Corpus_Draconis; 08-23-2005 at 08:59 PM. Reason: just thought of something else....
Old 08-23-2005, 10:33 PM   #656
.BatteryPoison.

Yeah, I wish I saw more coverage on Iraq. I mean, it's not like everytime a US soldier dies in Iraq, the Associate Press makes it a front page article or anything (meanwhile the death of a US service member in Afghanistan isn't as newsworthy cause you know, most people still supported the invasion there and all). And I'll tell you what I'm sick and tired of hearing when it comes to Iraq, and that's all the humanitarian efforts that the Army is involved with there. God I'm sick of seeing that in the headlines. It's like the state-run media here in the US only wants to show you the good stuff we do over there and neglect any real reporting on the political chaos and violent carnage that takes place there. I mean, look how there was like hardly any coverage of the Abu Ghraib incident.

"I wanna skin me some fetuses and hang 'em, then chase them with hedgeclippers!" - Ice
Old 08-23-2005, 11:16 PM   #657
AlKilyu

Oh there is a biased in the American media, no doubt. Ever wonder where the hippies went after the war was over? They got real jobs, and a lot of them became reporters. Biased? Look up "Sami al-Arian" then search within those results for "Jim Harper".

UK, huh? Forgo the BBC and watch SkyNews.
Old 08-24-2005, 08:07 AM   #658
MrMaelstrom

Skynews????!!
Please... Rupert Murdoch will be the first to admit he dishes out nothing but garbage. You know, and there was UK government pressure to make the reports as pro-war as possible prior to the invasion. Why do you think the other guy killed himself after admitting it to the BBC. And who gave the only real unbiased coverage in WWII? The BBC's Radio FRee Europe.

There was plenty of coverage on Abu Grahib simply because the leak came within the military ranks and was exposed too quickly for cover-ups.

And there were pictures. Had there been no pics, and all of you would still be screaming on how your soldiers do nothing of the sort and it was all bullshit.
Old 08-24-2005, 08:51 AM   #659
MrMaelstrom

Hey, Wolf, The Chemical Brothers are this kick-ass sound system.

Draconis, press CONTROL+W instead of touching the pop-up to make it go away. Chances are, you're probably infected with spyware already.
Old 08-24-2005, 08:52 AM   #660
MrMaelstrom

Hey Al, does N.Korea HAVE any rich people? I thought they ate them ages ago...

And who's the fat bastard ranting on your avatar? Just curious....
Old 08-24-2005, 09:25 AM   #661
Soul_Immortal

OH OH! Thats that guy from the old cable show: "BULLSHIT"
Old 08-24-2005, 09:32 AM   #662
winged_dreams

Ack! Stupid dad. Got arrested for drunk driving (along with 11 other counts) with my brother in the car!! A horrible thing to do. My mom never calls my poor brother anymore nor responds to anyone's call. And now my dad can't drive. And my grandparents are going to a custody hearing today for my brother. He spends most of the time at our house (grandparent's) and they want custody so they can get him health insurance. Hmm, I wonder how the court case will go. It's today.

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
Old 08-24-2005, 02:19 PM   #663
MrMaelstrom

Good luck to you and your bro, babe. And to your grandparents as well for playing parents instead of the once-in-a-while babysitting.
Old 08-24-2005, 05:34 PM   #664
Binkie

So wait then, what's the conspiracy theory that explains the coverage of David Passaro, former CIA-contractor that beat an Afghan detainee to death? There weren't any photographs of the incident or reporters present at the time any of this occured. I wonder why the Pentagon didn't unleash a "cover-up" on that one like they did with Flight 93, the one they shot down on 9/11 but told everyone it just crashed in PA, and the coverup with the 9/11 plot, which was devised by the US government and the Joooooos so we could unleash a "holy war" against Islam. If only the government did more "cover-ups," we wouldn't Guantonamo in the headlines for weeks every other month.
"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Old 08-24-2005, 07:57 PM   #665
Solumina

hey now this isn't the politics forum so I would really love it if you guys would cut it out
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Old 08-24-2005, 08:19 PM   #666
Panther

Location: The middle of nowhere, on the outskirts of the boonies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by winged_dreams
Hmm, I wonder how the court case will go. It's today.

Good luck, honey! Hope everything turns out okay for you.
Will we stroll dreaming of the lost America of love
past blue automobiles in driveways, home to our silent
cottage?
-Allen Ginsberg, A Supermarket in California
Old 08-24-2005, 08:58 PM   #667
AlKilyu

awe winged I'm so sorry! I hope things work out. If ya need to email or IM me.

And .battery.: If I PayPal you the money, will you buy a "Club Git'mo" hat and take a pic of you wearing it? They are really well made...and I should know.
Old 08-24-2005, 09:57 PM   #668
Binkie

LOL. Now that I've seen the T-Shirt, I'm compelled to get one.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...edog/gitmo.gif
"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Old 08-24-2005, 10:29 PM   #669
winged_dreams

Well, I'm not ranting anymore! I'm uber happy! My grandparents won the court case and got custody of my brother (both parents didn't show up) and my grandparents can control the visitations! Everything turned out awesome!

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
Old 08-25-2005, 04:21 AM   #670
edible_eye

http://blog.airdrop.org/media/domo_woo_yay.gif

hooray for you, winged. and your brother, too.
Old 08-25-2005, 06:37 AM   #671
Panther

Glad things turned out alright!
cottage?
Old 08-25-2005, 07:15 AM   #672
Solumina

I'm so glad, it's great that you have such wonderful grandparents
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Old 08-26-2005, 08:36 PM   #673
Panther

okay, not to ddetract from the previous train fo thught, but god damn, things suck.
cottage?
Old 08-26-2005, 10:59 PM   #674
AlKilyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binkie
LOL. Now that I've seen the T-Shirt, I'm compelled to get one.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...edog/gitmo.gif

Whoa that's new! I thought they were all orange! I got my uncle the cap for his birthday and he loves it. He lives in an ultra-liberal neighborhood so he takes his dog for walks after dinner with it on hoping someone will say something.

I'd like to get one for that very reason! muahahahahahahaha!
Old 08-27-2005, 05:08 AM   #675
edible_eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther
okay, not to ddetract from the previous train fo thught, but god damn, things suck.
what happened?
Closed Thread