Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 07-20-2010, 07:06 PM   #4051
vindicatedxjin

I just got goosebumps reading bens post... I hate bugs and jellyfish SO FREAKING MUCH.

Bring Kontan Back
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 11:48 AM   #4052
ape descendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain View Post
FUCK I hate drama!

My daughter's drama is just as bad sober as when she is drunk. At least when she is drunk we just put her to bed and she snores loudly. That I can tolerate. Her sober ranting is worse tonight. She doesn't understand the old saying about better to be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.

My life sucks.
If there is a specific thing that she's ranting about, yet, quite ignorant of.. perhaps you could find a good book on the topic, wrap it up and give it to her as a present....if you're lucky, she may even read it.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:35 PM   #4053
honeythorn

I like most bugs and adore spiders but I FUCKING HATE CENTIPEDES. Urrrghhhhrbbrrrlggrrlbghh

I do like to watch jellyfish in public aquaria and in the sea , or on tv ect ( espescially the ones deep deep down that luminecse) but I would have the biggest panic attack on earth if one came near me whilst swimming. On the rare occasions I swim in the sea, I refuse to go deeper than my neck and will not swim out to the point where my feet leave the seabed.

I am slightly hydrophobic perhaps? >.<
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:39 PM   #4054
Saya

I'm the same way, but its just the sea. I hate hate hate hate hate being out on the ocean in a tiny little boat and seeing a motherfucking sun fish swim by. When a fish swims by in a pond I don't really care much.

And centipedes are the worst. Once last summer I fell asleep on the couch and I woke up and there was a centipede trying to crawl inside my pants >.< Pervy little fucker.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:41 PM   #4055
JCC

I can see heartbreak lurking around the corner.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:53 PM   #4056
honeythorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Once last summer I fell asleep on the couch and I woke up and there was a centipede trying to crawl inside my pants >.< Pervy little fucker.

SHUTUPSHUTUPNOW! Oh god that's fucking horrific , what if it bit your flange????? *dies*

I nearly shit my pants watching the Peter Jackson remake of King Kong when the woman hides in that log from the T rex, and two GIANT 15 foot long Centipedes start tasting her face and pootling over her shoulder. I nearly choked on my drink
Old 07-21-2010, 01:08 PM   #4057
vindicatedxjin

Everyone PLEASE STOP talking about bugs.... PLEASE

Bring Kontan Back
Old 07-21-2010, 01:14 PM   #4058
JCC

I chill out in the woods all the time, you should just get used to bugs, they are harmless.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:20 PM   #4059
honeythorn

So do I ( I live within a 5 minute walk of farmland,woodland and dingles). It's only centipedes I dislike . I simply move away when I see one.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:20 PM   #4060
vindicatedxjin

I grew up in the country my whole life... we had grasshopper swarms. It traumatized me.

Bring Kontan Back
Old 07-21-2010, 01:26 PM   #4061
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
I can see heartbreak lurking around the corner.
What happened?
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 01:31 PM   #4062
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
What happened?
My girlfriend and her family are moving away, or rather, potentially moving away, though the signs are all pointing that way. I'm trying my best to make plans for us to stay together and be able to see each other but she just seems needlessly pessimistic about the whole thing. She's only moving an hour and a half's train journey away; it's not ideal but it's not a deal-breaker - or rather, it shouldn't be a deal-breaker - so her defeatist attitude just makes me wonder how committed she is to staying together at all. I mean, saying that it's probable that it won't work out because we'll only see each other once a week seems absurd to me, once a week is clearly workable if you have the intention of making it workable.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:33 PM   #4063
Ben Lahnger

Man, that's gotta hurt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus View Post
Gothic.net, I HAVE BED BUGS.
Gothicus, I thought the grossest thing about bedbugs had to be the fact that they bite you periodically to drink your blood. But that is not the creepiest thing at all.

I was watching last night's episode of The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson. One of the guests he had on last night was Dan Riskin, host of the Animal Planet series "Monsters Inside Me" which is all about parasites. And he mentioned that there's been a huge increase in the number of bed bugs this year. Then, after talking about the blood, he mentioned this:

Female bedbugs do not have a vagina or other sexual opening.

So the species practices what is called Traumatic Insemination. EWWWWWWWWWW!

Here's the segment of the show I was watching: Dan Riskin interview

Just another reason not to like them.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 01:45 PM   #4064
honeythorn

JCC - An hour and a half's train journey/once a week is nothing. If she thinks it's some vast gulf of distance then that is rather overly pessimistic.

Though I can perhaps see why she would be so down about it if you see eachother every day at the moment or something. After such frequent contact once a week would seem like a very very long time, at least at first.

But long distance can work if you make it so as you say. My boyfriend lives in Denmark, I only get to see him once every couple of months despite Ryanair's low prices but it works well enough all the same.
Old 07-21-2010, 02:17 PM   #4065
Saya

It still really really sucks when you're used to seeing each other everyday. My first boyfriend and I used to always work nights, then he got a daytime job, so he had to be in bed before I got off work. We only got to see each other on weekends after always seeing each other, I hated it.

You can make it work, but I understand if she's feeling pessimistic, there's the fear you'll grow more distant and you'll miss each other like crazy. Maybe once it actually happens she'll see it can be workable.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 04:37 PM   #4066
Pineapple_Juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn View Post
So do I ( I live within a 5 minute walk of farmland,woodland and dingles). It's only centipedes I dislike . I simply move away when I see one.
What the hell is a dingle.
Old 07-21-2010, 05:00 PM   #4067
the-nihilist

It has something to do with bells.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:03 PM   #4068
the-nihilist

Sometimes I feel like I'm too bitter and cynical to enjoy movies.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:49 PM   #4069
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
once a week is clearly workable if you have the intention of making it workable.
I agree.. my first boyfriend went to the far side of the planet, with his parents after we had only been going out a few months - he was away for 5mths - and we wrote regularly and when he came back we just picked things up again.
Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 01:13 AM   #4070
The Divine Ms. M

Gah! Why is finding a podcast that plays decent goth music harder than putting on a pair of too small pants?! For the love of all that's holy, would someone pleeeease play more than shitty club music?! Athankyou.

"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked. "Oh you ca'n't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here."-from Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll

"A real friend will stab you in the front."-licence plate frame a friend & I saw
Please read My Blog!
The Divine Ms. M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 06:35 AM   #4071
Ben Lahnger

FUCKING WEATHER!!!

Here I was stressing out just a little bit about whether Tropical Storm Bonnie was going to delay or impact my flight from Houston to Charlotte on Saturday (it appears it won't) when the thing I should have been worried about was the weather conditions in Milwaukee!

It turns out they had terrible storms there yesterday including tornado warnings, flash flooding (up to 7.5 inches in 2 hours) and a sinkhole that swallowed a Cadillac Escalade!

Mitchell International Airport in Milwaukee is closed at least until noon today due to flooding, and the forecast is for more of the same kind of weather there for today through Saturday morning. If the airport ends up being closed for more time and all those flights get bumped, then that's going to affect my family members flying out on Saturday from Milwaukee.

Here I was worried about a tropical storm possibly delaying my flight, when it turns out plain old aggressive thunderstorms may just delay the rest of my immediate family getting there!

Sometimes weather really sucks!

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 06:49 AM   #4072
Alan

I got banned from the best club in town.
It makes for a funny story but god damn it, it wasn't worth it!

At least I'll make lemonade from this and make myself a T shirt saying Banned from the Hard Pop. That should give me some more cred.
real classy
Old 07-23-2010, 06:52 AM   #4073
Deadmanwalking_05

Quote:
I got banned from the best club in town.
It makes for a funny story but god damn it, it wasn't worth it!

At least I'll make lemonade from this and make myself a T shirt saying Banned from the Hard Pop. That should give me some more cred.
God damn you are so fucking shallow it's laughable.

9x29mmR : The Choice Of Millions for the last 100-107 years.
Deadmanwalking_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 07:35 AM   #4074
Alan

When every night we go out is a gamble to stay alive, I believe we're perfectly entitled to be as shallow as we want to.
Don't be jealous just because I have a social circle.
real classy
Old 07-23-2010, 08:23 AM   #4075
Deadmanwalking_05

Quote:
When every night we go out is a gamble to stay alive, I believe we're perfectly entitled to be as shallow as we want to.
Don't be jealous just because I have a social circle.
I'm not in the least bit jealous,I actually pitty you because it seems like you have so much of yourself invested in a social circle that will undoubtedly turn on you at a moments notice.

9x29mmR : The Choice Of Millions for the last 100-107 years.
Deadmanwalking_05 is offline   Reply With Quote