Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 05-06-2008, 03:46 PM   #51
Underwater Ophelia

Not to burst your bubble, Electro, but I think it's pretty obvious that you're male.

I mean, don't get me wrong, you have the androgyny thing going, but it's definitely obvious.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 04:52 PM   #52
electrosexual

Hmm five people that day mistook me for a woman. Anyone else whom I came in contact with knew me anyway. It's probably just the fact you actually know my true gender, and immediately spot the tell tale signs. And that picture does look more masculine than a lot of my others. Honestly though, I don't really strive for "androgynous" all that often, more just crossdressing. I've always liked the look of "mascu-femininity".
electrosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 05:03 PM   #53
electrosexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by korinna5555
NYOMMMMM... *drool*
Thank youuuu ^_^
Old 05-06-2008, 05:13 PM   #54
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by electrosexual
Hmm five people that day mistook me for a woman. Anyone else whom I came in contact with knew me anyway. It's probably just the fact you actually know my true gender, and immediately spot the tell tale signs. And that picture does look more masculine than a lot of my others. Honestly though, I don't really strive for "androgynous" all that often, more just crossdressing. I've always liked the look of "mascu-femininity".
Honestly, I didn't know for sure if you were male or female before I looked. Maybe I'm just good at detecting sex? I don't know, but it was pretty obvious from both pictures.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 05:21 PM   #55
electrosexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
Honestly, I didn't know for sure if you were male or female before I looked. Maybe I'm just good at detecting sex? I don't know, but it was pretty obvious from both pictures.
Haha you must be good at it. Well, better than people over here >.^
Old 05-06-2008, 05:28 PM   #56
prophecyofdoom

electrosexual, if I'd seen that picture randomly without reading your posts I wouldn't know if you were male or female... But I'd know you were damn attractive regardless... such eyes! *drools*

Help us to be the always hopeful
Gardeners of the spirit
Who know that without darkness
Nothing comes to birth
As without light
Nothing flowers
-May Sarton
prophecyofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 05:42 PM   #57
electrosexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by prophecyofdoom
electrosexual, if I'd seen that picture randomly without reading your posts I wouldn't know if you were male or female... But I'd know you were damn attractive regardless... such eyes! *drools*
Rawr thank you!
Old 05-31-2008, 07:01 PM   #58
HeatherCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormboy
How many of you like the concept of Genderfuck (dressing in a way that does not follow gender conventions)

Personally I love the idea. Many womens fashions I love yet are never in my size and many mens fashions I also love.

So yes, discuss.

I love it, but then again I am a crossdresser too. In guy mode I wear girls jeans exclusively as they don't make guy jeans that fit me right (not to mention they feel so much better). All of my work slacks and most of my shirts are girls shirts (I work as a guy only). I also wear women's boots with a 3" block heel almost every day as a relatively normal looking guy. I just love to wear what feels comfortable and the heck with what everyone else thinks about it.
HeatherCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 01:28 AM   #59
LillithDuskcutter

Quote:
This is where I excell. I constantly genderfuck. but TBH I'm more of a transvestite. Most people I meet for the first time are unsure of my sex.

Becha can't tell my gender lolz ;D

Yes. The way society expects you to.
You're a dude.
I can tell by the shape of your face.
Dude you're hott.
And you live in Ireland! I love you!
Anyhoo.
I wear guys clothes sometimes. They're comfortable!
But, dude, if I see a guy wearing girls skinny jeans, I just think to myself "I hope he realises that if he keeps on wearing those, he'll end up damaging any possibility of having children".
LillithDuskcutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 02:00 PM   #60
manequin

I love the idea. I mean, I wear more makeup than my mother does and am currently trying to convince her to buy me some knee length PVC platform boots. I dont really see gender as an issue in terms of how I dress. If I saw a skirt I like I wouldn't avoid it because I have testicles. I go to a single sex school where everyone is worried about looking gay. So they all seem to act overly masculine and dress the same so no one laughs at them. But I don't give a fuck. In fact. Im going to my next non uniform day in full drag. That will be fun.
manequin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 01:35 AM   #61
Wormboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillithDuskcutter
"I hope he realises that if he keeps on wearing those, he'll end up damaging any possibility of having children".
If you're sperm count is that badly effected by wearing skinny jeans you weren't too fertile to begin with. Any guy who's ever worn skinny jeans will tell you that THAT region is not uncomfortable in them, it's mobility that suffers.

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Now we got this cracked out jungle hobo...."
Wormboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 02:13 AM   #62
LillithDuskcutter

I may just tell that to the girls I know.
We were having this conversation about how the members of Elliot Minor sometimes wore skinny jeans. One girl mentioned that they may be damaging any future possibility of having children.
I might just mention what you said.
LillithDuskcutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 04:33 AM   #63
Cicero

Skinny jeans do no harm to testicles as far as I know - the sort of thing that lowers sperm count would have to be rather painful, and I'd have heard complaints from my male friends and boyfriend by now. Even if it did cause fertility issues, would that really be a problem? Fewer children = fewer humans. Yay.

I find women's jeans on men far more attractive anyway. Men's jeans are uuuuugly.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 07:28 AM   #64
Darcnyss

Several years ago we were invited to a "No Inhibitions" party, and I decided to dress up in a long black dress, lace gloves, PVC corset and slim knee-length boots.
The process of making myself look feminine enough took several agonizing hours, and doing the extra make-up was a bit of a pain (since I usually just slap on some black lipstick and a bit of eyeliner when going out).

However, people who hadn't met me before were convinced that I was female. My voice, however, is not very feminine, and I'm still surprised that so many fell for it even while I was talking to them.

Later these people were quite surprised to find that I'm actually a heterosexual male!

I would gladly do it again, if it weren't for all the crap I have to go through to get the end result.

I think I make quite a hot goth girl.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:46 AM   #65
Malice In Wonderland

Quote:
Just thought I'd post this pic here. I think I look quite androgynous.
Wow that's gorgeous electro. (Y)
Although your lack of breasts and the boots gives you away a little.
You're still definitely one of the best looking males I've seen.
Up there with Gok Wan and Elvis!
Also I love the hair in that picture.
Extensions?
Malice In Wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 10:05 AM   #66
lostintranslation

Darcnyss-Any pics of your from that event? I'd like to see just how convincing you really were.

That sounds like something naughty, I promise it wasn't.

I've had to dress up like a gent before for plays and such, and in all honesty, dressing as a gent isn't that different from how I normally dress. I like to be comfortable and I don't like taking hours to get ready, so most of the time I end up in jeans and a t shirt. Most of my jeans are slightly baggy because apparently being relatively tall for a gal in the US means being obese as well, so in order for my pants not to look like waders or capris, I have to deal with some slack in the jeans. I enjoy wearing ties, and men's dress shirts, or collared shirts. I think breaking down "gender barriers" can be fun and look really sexy. Sometimes being comfy and lazy means dressing like a lumberjack. But I also like to dress up like a lady as well.

I don't see a problem with blending gender apparel as long as the wearer has fun and is comfortable.
lostintranslation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 11:25 AM   #67
Malice In Wonderland

Just realised I didn't talk at all about my experiences with genderfucking in my last post.
I do on occasion wear dresses and the suchlike.
In fact I came into ownership of a nice tartan skirt today.
And my myspace picture is a picture of me in a dress.
And a shaved head.
I much prefer the idea of genderfuck to transvestitism.
www.myspace.com/flynnguin
Old 06-02-2008, 11:55 AM   #68
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malice In Wonderland
Just realised I didn't talk at all about my experiences with genderfucking in my last post.
I do on occasion wear dresses and the suchlike.
In fact I came into ownership of a nice tartan skirt today.
And my myspace picture is a picture of me in a dress.
And a shaved head.
I much prefer the idea of genderfuck to transvestitism.
www.myspace.com/flynnguin
Why the fuck is nobody else my age like this? You're awesome. Your photo shoot photos are great, you've got a good fashion sense. Your friend with the white gloves looks pretty bitchin' too.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 12:06 PM   #69
Malice In Wonderland

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
Why the fuck is nobody else my age like this? You're awesome. Your photo shoot photos are great, you've got a good fashion sense. Your friend with the white gloves looks pretty bitchin' too.
Thankss.
My friend used me for his A level photography exam.
Everyone else my age pisses me off tbh.
So all my friends are older.
Old 06-02-2008, 06:47 PM   #70
HeatherCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostintranslation
Darcnyss-Any pics of your from that event? I'd like to see just how convincing you really were.

That sounds like something naughty, I promise it wasn't.

I've had to dress up like a gent before for plays and such, and in all honesty, dressing as a gent isn't that different from how I normally dress. I like to be comfortable and I don't like taking hours to get ready, so most of the time I end up in jeans and a t shirt. Most of my jeans are slightly baggy because apparently being relatively tall for a gal in the US means being obese as well, so in order for my pants not to look like waders or capris, I have to deal with some slack in the jeans. I enjoy wearing ties, and men's dress shirts, or collared shirts. I think breaking down "gender barriers" can be fun and look really sexy. Sometimes being comfy and lazy means dressing like a lumberjack. But I also like to dress up like a lady as well.

I don't see a problem with blending gender apparel as long as the wearer has fun and is comfortable.
Funny.. I find I can't wear mens jeans because i'm tall & thin and they are big enough for 2 of me if i get them long enough, yet a pair of women's jeans fit me perfectly in length and waist.. and i'm 5'10" tall with a 34" inseam. I'm actually built more like a girl than I am a guy.
HeatherCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 07:10 PM   #71
lostintranslation

My problem is I'm 5' 8" with a 34" inseam. I have a relatively small frame, I'm skinny, and my legs are longer than my torso and head (which isn't well proportioned) so finding jeans that fit me and arent' baggy just doesn't happen.
lostintranslation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 05:56 AM   #72
Delkaetre

A question.
Males-as-feminine are fairly common. And there's tons of ladies clothing to suit them, especially for goths.
However, Females-as-masculine are rather rarer- especially with goths, where bloody everything is either feminine or too large for slight males/ average females. I'm trying, of late, to blur gender more than I used to. I'm not cutting my hair or painting on stubble, though. Trying to find something that brings me to a comfortable middle ground of neither male nor female just doesn't seem to work. I always look like a girl who's just wearing ugly clothing.
Any suggestions on appearing as a feminine boy instead of a girl who didn't dress well when I wear my mixed look?
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 08:56 AM   #73
Malice In Wonderland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delkaetre
A question.
Males-as-feminine are fairly common. And there's tons of ladies clothing to suit them, especially for goths.
However, Females-as-masculine are rather rarer- especially with goths, where bloody everything is either feminine or too large for slight males/ average females. I'm trying, of late, to blur gender more than I used to. I'm not cutting my hair or painting on stubble, though. Trying to find something that brings me to a comfortable middle ground of neither male nor female just doesn't seem to work. I always look like a girl who's just wearing ugly clothing.
Any suggestions on appearing as a feminine boy instead of a girl who didn't dress well when I wear my mixed look?
You wear waistcoats and the suchlike right?
Ever tried wearing some kind of hat?
I'm sure some kind of flat cap could cast the right kind of shadows across your face.
If you feel like looking slightly like a farmer that is...
Ever worn full suits at all?
Old 06-03-2008, 11:45 AM   #74
Barfing_Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostintranslation
My problem is I'm 5' 8" with a 34" inseam. I have a relatively small frame, I'm skinny, and my legs are longer than my torso and head (which isn't well proportioned) so finding jeans that fit me and arent' baggy just doesn't happen.
Here's some advices for people with odd body proportion:

I used to have a minor problem with same thing. I'm 5'7 with 29" hips and a 30" inseam. So all pants are either too big for my hips or too long. But once I start to wear Evisu Puma jeans, the problem pretty much stopped.

Yeah it is very expensive, but... it help with that problem. Many higher end fashion brands tend to design clothes for slim people with longer limbs like as models... (that's why they have ridiculous requirement for models) So I'd try to make all my clothes last longer than usual and save up to buy fewer but better quality clothes that will stand to test of the time for years.

So try check out things like Red Monkey, Dior, Clairborne, etc... You may find some good fitting jeans. DKNY is decent too, I have some luck with DKNY and they're probably more economically affordable for most members. Their jeans are also the most comfortable.
Barfing_Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 05:32 PM   #75
korinna5555

*bumped* for Kama