Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 06-16-2010, 05:45 AM   #1
Monday Morning Tea

Location: Dubrovnik, Croatia.....in other words, in the middle of nowhere. Most people think Croatia is a town
Hello (boring title, I know)

I like this whole questionnaire thing. Makes introducing myself 10 times easier

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
1. I read a lot in my spare time, it's one of my favorite pastimes. And I just love how all the old classics at my local bookstore (the Bronte Sisters; Shakespeare) are all so cheap. The most I saw for one was 4 and a half dollars xD. And they're in pretty decent condition too. All this reading spurred me into writing, and that's another thing I enjoy, although I've only got about half of a book written right now. I like to think it's decent, and my friends say so, but they're my friends so they're bound to say so, right? And, besides, most of them aren't exactly great literature experts. Poetry, though, I cannot write. Never comes out good for me, always seems too metaphorical or like I'm trying too hard. As for work, nothing exciting, just a part-time job at the family restaurant.

2. Where are you from?
2. Just outside of San Francisco, originally, in Marin County, but I moved to Croatia when I was 8 and have been living here ever since, so I consider Dubrovnik (small town on the Adriatic) my home. I do visit the States during summer vacations and every other Christmas though, for shopping and concerts and the like xD.

3. Who is your favorite author?
3. I'm a big fantasy lover, especially of George R. R. Martin, mainly for his A Song of Ice And Fire series, which is supposed to be adapted into a TV series, so I'm also wondering and if they’ll make a huge mess out of that. Besides him, Haruki Murakami and Neil Gaiman.

4. What are your favorite films?
4. Right now, cliche as it is, Avatar. My favorite movie changes every week or so, honestly, and although I saw Avatar months ago, it's one of the few that stayed my favorite movie for more than a week, so it's pretty special XD. Besides that, anything with Johnny Depp.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
5. Sisters of Mercy-Some Kind of Stranger. What I really like about this song is the end; the 'come here I think you're beautiful'. The 'I think' part really gets to me, because I always thought that he was saying it like ‘I think you're beautiful even if no one else does’. I always thought of that lyric as having some deep, poetical meaning. xD

6. At your funeral?
6. I'd like something prepared by a relative or friend or lover; someone close to me. You know, a song that someone who really cared about you made for you especially. Although, since right now I know a max of what, 3 musicians, one of whom I'm not on good terms with and the others who haven't been at it too long, that's probably not going to happen...So of an actual song....The Funeral Party by the Cure. It's appropriate enough.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
7. Never really cared about this. It doesn't really matter HOW I die, does it? I'm still going to be dead at the ends of things.

8. What kind of casket would you want?
8. I want to be cremated, so I’ll just tell you that I want my ashes scattered over the ocean. Best place in the world, if you ignore the beach, where there are always some tanned tourists or locals to make me feel ridiculous. I love my pale skin usually, during the winter at least, but during the summer….I could live without it.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
9. HEELS. I'm very short, 153 cm, which I think is about 5 feet in the American system, not sure though...And anyway, I absolutely adore heels, and would wear them all the time if I wasn't so clumsy. I fall down enough even without heels, and my feet hurt after wearing them too much. Besides that, I've always loved those long, black, old-fashioned skirts. And I’m very picky about my necklaces. I have around 10 different necklaces that each go with a special outfit. Oh, and of course, my mom's old Ray Ban, blue-tinted, Gary Oldman-in-the-Dracula-movie-style glasses that I discovered a week ago in the basement and am now in love with.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
10. The ignorance. If your mommy didn't let you have another ice cream, it was the end of the world, while getting to ride on your father’s shoulders was the best feeling in the world. Nowadays, we get to worry about boys, grades, and money, and I know it takes a hell of a lot more stuff than it did when I was a kid to make me happy now.

11. What's your favorite band?
11. The Cure, even though it's an obvious choice. They're what got me in to gothic rock, after listening to Faith, so I owe Fat Bob a lot. Besides them, Joy Division, The Killers and The Flaming Lips. Sex Gang Children is really growing on me though. I’m completely in love with Sebastiane and Arms of Cicero.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
12. I'm still in high school xD And am honestly very undecided about my major. I'll probably end up deciding on it during the last few months of school though. I leave things to the last minute a lot. It's a bad habit of mine.

13. Why did you join?
13. *shrugs* Seemed like a good idea. A friend of mine met tons of people on her Wiccan forum, so why not?

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
14. Female.
Monday Morning Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 08:01 PM   #2
x-pixie

welcome hope you have a good time here!
x-pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 08:08 PM   #3
Az'Shara

Indeed, welcome to G-net! Nice contribution of details here. I look forward to more intellectual additions to this wonderful web of crazy we've got going here.

KRIFF! 153 cm? That's all of 4 foot 10! I'm almost a foot and a half taller than you! 0.o

Last edited by Az'Shara; 06-16-2010 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Forgot my color! ^^
Az'Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 01:08 AM   #4
Mr E Nigma

Welcome to the forums. I'm not around too terribly often. But enjoy your stay.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:27 AM   #5
Ben Lahnger

This is a really awesome introduction. I like your list of authors and bands.

Welcome to this place. I look forward to your contributions.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote