Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 06-03-2005, 07:57 PM   #876
Deadhymn

chunky, that is one BRAVE comment...
Deadhymn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 08:01 PM   #877
ChUnKy_CaRaMeL

The shock, I know.

Jar Jar was my guy. He was dopey, crazy and all out zany. It must be the Caribbean in me though that thought he was so amusing. He reminded me of a parody of the many crazies back home on "the rock" only with a sweeter heart. (Oh George ... you and your alien ethnicities. tsk tsk .... Mr. Lucas ... tsk tsk ...) :P*
ChUnKy_CaRaMeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 12:20 PM   #878
AlKilyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChUnKy_CaRaMeL
The shock, I know.

Jar Jar was my guy.

AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 03:31 PM   #879
ChUnKy_CaRaMeL

*shrugs* I would prefer Jar Jar any day over that post pubescent Anakin they have. (Mind you, I do know that nearly all Star Wars fans out there hate Jar Jar to death with a passion and I do know it's a mystery why he was even in a Star wars movie. But ah well. :P)
ChUnKy_CaRaMeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 02:30 AM   #880
AlKilyu

Loy: Is “I Stand Alone” worth me searching it out and viewing? I hear the violence gets so bad, that there is a flashing sign on the screen for 30 seconds warning viewers that it is going to get really nasty.

Any thoughts?
Old 06-09-2005, 10:40 AM   #881
FenrisQueen

ooh..violence!

I watched Princess Diaries two with my mommy! Then I watched Prom Queen, which I liked.
Truth, justice, honor...none of that's worth shit. What matters is people, and people aren't honest or just or honorable. They're petty and they're angry and they're afraid, and all anyone really wants, deep down, is to be wanted. And what's truth to that?
FenrisQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 10:57 AM   #882
Granny-like_the_apple

I watched A Bunny's Tale at 3 in the morning. Kirstie Alley used to be hot. Weird. The mom from Growing Pains had a wierd shoulder/neck thing going on, but she was pretty hot too.

And unrelated except for the fact that I was watcing Celebrity Poker with him last night, Scott Wolf is hot. (Yes, with him. He was in my bed. Naked.)

Don't let mobile phone conversations lead to premature sex and pregnancy.
Granny-like_the_apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 07:45 PM   #883
ice

I saw 100 Days Before the Command.

Boy oh boy... what can be said. First off: this was extremely weird and disturbing. Yeah, even I was kinda disturbed.
And uh, actually, that's about all I can say. I liked the movie because it was so odd. You don't get many movies like this.

"No - it's more like - wow, isn't enlightenment great?" - Doug Henning
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 08:34 PM   #884
TeapotScar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny-like_the_apple
I watched A Bunny's Tale at 3 in the morning. Kirstie Alley used to be hot. Weird. The mom from Growing Pains had a wierd shoulder/neck thing going on, but she was pretty hot too.

And unrelated except for the fact that I was watcing Celebrity Poker with him last night, Scott Wolf is hot. (Yes, with him. He was in my bed. Naked.)
HOLY SHIT- I just watched that this afternoon. What channel was it on- the Women's Network or something? We're both so gay. And I agree- the chicks were hot. The one with the weird voice... I don't know what I think about her. The purple bunny with red hair- you know the one. Like, she was hot, but I feel like I'd get annoyed with her screaming my name in bed with that voice, you know?

Good movie.

-Add me on myspace, because I'm pretty sure I've tried to add you! http://www.myspace.com/fermeztesyeux
TeapotScar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 09:45 PM   #885
AlKilyu

I was in a mood to watch Japanese kids on killing sprees, so I watched

then

BTW folks Kairo, the movie both Loy and I have said is a great horror movie (and my favorite horror movie) will be getting an American release before the American remake is out, like they did with Ju-On.

Also avoid "Dark Water", I hated it. :x
Old 06-10-2005, 05:40 PM   #886
Deadhymn

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlKilyu
But you love Road House. My, My....
Old 06-10-2005, 06:02 PM   #887
Granny-like_the_apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeapotScar
HOLY SHIT- I just watched that this afternoon. What channel was it on- the Women's Network or something? We're both so gay. And I agree- the chicks were hot. The one with the weird voice... I don't know what I think about her. The purple bunny with red hair- you know the one. Like, she was hot, but I feel like I'd get annoyed with her screaming my name in bed with that voice, you know?

Good movie.
Weird. I know who you're talking about, the bitch who dumps the drink on the guy's head? She wasn't that hot. Too pale and timid.

The girl who was accused of stealing would've looked a hell of a lot better with different hair. It was a little mullet-y. Anyone who has/had a mullet should be shot. Or maybe just the people who cut the hair. Cough. Cough.

Don't let mobile phone conversations lead to premature sex and pregnancy.
Granny-like_the_apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 06:24 PM   #888
Deadhymn

I live in the Mullet Mecca....South Carolina (home of the "Trans-AM Mullet")
Old 06-10-2005, 06:37 PM   #889
WolfMoon

I'm so sorry, Dead.
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 07:23 PM   #890
Deadhymn

its okay....i'll be moving to the bay area on the 17th...
Old 06-11-2005, 12:20 PM   #891
TeapotScar

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlKilyu
I was in a mood to watch Japanese kids on killing sprees, so I watched

then

BTW folks Kairo, the movie both Loy and I have said is a great horror movie (and my favorite horror movie) will be getting an American release before the American remake is out, like they did with Ju-On.

Suicide Club and Battle Royale. There's a BR II out, too. I haven't seen it, but it looks good, and it's sitting on my best friend's kitchen table right now. The plot is that they stopped doing the island thing, but now they send out people to kill the two that escaped the island, and if they fail, they die.

-Add me on myspace, because I'm pretty sure I've tried to add you! http://www.myspace.com/fermeztesyeux
TeapotScar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 12:32 PM   #892
AlKilyu

BRII is horrible. The director died in the middle of it and his son finished it, but it really isn't worth watching.
Old 06-14-2005, 10:24 AM   #893
edible_eye

tomorrow.

Old 06-14-2005, 10:27 AM   #894
edible_eye

tomorrow.

Old 06-14-2005, 10:29 AM   #895
edible_eye

tomorrow.

Old 06-14-2005, 10:34 AM   #896
edible_eye

tomorrow.

Old 06-14-2005, 10:43 AM   #897
edible_eye

tomorrow.

Old 06-15-2005, 02:49 AM   #898
CptSternn

Tomorrow? I downloaded it last night!

CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 07:11 AM   #899
edible_eye

well, then you did something illegal.

so, i've heard good things about this batman - would you agree? i don't want to hear anything about the movie - no specifics - but would you rate it a "yay" or "nay"?

i'm actually looking forward to seeing it, despita the previous films. imax, baby - here i come.
Old 06-15-2005, 10:43 AM   #900
Pathogen.

Re: What Movie Did You Last Watch?

Caddyshack. Like a few other favourite flicks from my childhood, it starred 2 ex-Saturday Night Live cast members . It was also 1 of those flicks that's still hilarious to watch post-childhood. Who can forget about Karl Spackler the golf course gardner [Bill Murray] sticking plastique explosive-made squirrels/rabbits down a hole, all to flush out Mr. Gopher? Who could forget tackily-dressed Rodney Dangerfield insulting everyone around him at a private golf club ballroom? Or the discarded Baby Ruth candybar that landed into a swimming pool, driving every swimming caddy out thinking it's a huge turd? Or the golf showdown between Chevy Chase & Ted Knight, ending with random explosions across the golf course? They don't make comedy flicks this good anymore.
Pathogen. is offline   Reply With Quote