Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

Old 07-22-2008, 07:24 PM   #1
Tea and Cake or Death

The Glove

I just ordered The Glove, Blue Sunshine ORIGINAL RECORDING REMASTERED edition! I am SUPER excited about getting it! What do you think about Jeanette Landray's singing? Sometimes I feel it's generic. Other times I think it's great. It really depends on how generous my mood is. What say you?
Tea and Cake or Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 08:33 PM   #2
Rorschach Twin

Ironically, I've only heard tracks with Smith singing, and I really liked them. I haven't actually been able to find their cd anywhere, perhaps I should order it some time?
Rorschach Twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 08:40 PM   #3
Tea and Cake or Death

Here. http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Sunshine-...6783612&sr=1-1 You can preview all the songs there. it will give you an idea as to what she sounds like. you can also check out Youtube for The Glove.
And here you can buy it used for $3.34 + $2.98 S&H. http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...6783612&sr=1-5
Old 07-22-2008, 08:44 PM   #4
Rorschach Twin

This is when not having a method of buying things on the internet catches up with me...

She sounds a bit like a less Charismatic version of Siouxsie Sioux.
Rorschach Twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 10:51 PM   #5
IsolatedReptile

I personally wasn't terribly fond of The Glove in general. I thought it was a perfect idea, match made in heaven. Why not, I enjoyed the live Siouxsie and the Banshees album with Robert Smith. Then when actually listening to it I felt horribly let down.

Not that it's a bad album. Just that it wasn't as amazing as it could be, but from what I understand the studio and or label gave them lots of hell and they were disheartened with the idea by the end.
IsolatedReptile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 10:57 PM   #6
Tea and Cake or Death

From what I understand it was really just a side project for the boys. RS was THIS close to a meltdown. And he signed a contract that didn't allow him to sing on any other label, so he didn't do the honors. So, I think it really wasn't meant to be a great album. Just a bit of fun.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:58 AM   #7
She_Is_My_Sin

I quite like The Glove. Personally, Jeanette Landray has a touch of Nico to her voice. Though I prefer her voice on a few tracks like 'Mouth To Mouth' and 'Punish Me With Kisses'.Yet the tracks with Smith on the vocals are well suited to him. However I think their sound really struck me as it was very different to what I was listening to when I discovered them.
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 01:41 AM   #8
Tea and Cake or Death

...and I think that is what I like MOST bout it SIMS.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:48 AM   #9
She_Is_My_Sin

You've put me in the mood to listen to them now. I hope you really enjoy the album!
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote