Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 12-11-2009, 01:06 AM   #2526
Solumina

Kevin honestly isn't so bad (he has been really busy lately so he hasn't been around much and I suspect that is why the dishrag got so nasty) but I don't know what the hell is wrong with Angie. Seriously the girl didn't know how to clean her dishes because I said she couldn't use a dishrag, we have this and one of those two sided sponges (with a little holder that sticks to the side of the sink so it can dry), yet she couldn't figure those out and apparently washing dishes with your hands is just out of the question because that is how it was in her parents home.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 03:16 AM   #2527
Still Jack

So vote democratically and kick her out? I'd have a considerably hard time dealing with someone that useless.
Old 12-11-2009, 04:03 AM   #2528
DRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methadrine View Post
01001110011011110010110000100000011010010111010000 10000001101001011100110010000001101110011011110111 010000101110
01010111011100100110100101110100011010010110111001 10011100100000011010010111010000100000011010010111 00110110111000100111011101000010110000100000011000 10011101010111010000100000011100100110010101101101 01100101011011010110001001100101011100100110100101 10111001100111001000000110000101101100011011000010 00000110111101100110001000000110100101110100001000 00011010010111001100101110

Sorry, I ment to say binary.
Old 12-11-2009, 07:22 AM   #2529
Stormtrooper of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Jack View Post
Get some decent winter tires or some chains. Spikes are bloody expensive. I recommend chains, for driving on ice.
Chains and spikes are illegal over here, but I'm planning on getting some nice Timberline AT II tires soon, they work real nice on ice and snow.
Old 12-11-2009, 10:48 AM   #2530
Asocalisten

I may have breast cancer. Will know for sure on Thursday. This sucks.
Asocalisten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 10:53 AM   #2531
Maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolly PopMuzik View Post
That's why I use sponges...But seriously fruit flies? What is wrong with them?
Have you actually had a full blown infestation of fruit flies?

Good lord, it's bad.

When you can hang up a flystrip and within an hour the strip is black with fruit flies, it makes you want to puke...
Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 11:25 AM   #2532
Geoluhread

I`m starting to think that the admin is dead.
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 11:42 AM   #2533
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Jack View Post
So vote democratically and kick her out? I'd have a considerably hard time dealing with someone that useless.
I've been thinking about it but we would need to find a replacement immediately as none of us can really afford more than we are paying now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
Have you actually had a full blown infestation of fruit flies?

Good lord, it's bad.

When you can hang up a flystrip and within an hour the strip is black with fruit flies, it makes you want to puke...
The strange thing was that the rest of the apartment is kept very clean (although a bit disorganized) so there were only the ones on the dishrag (despite Angie repeatedly telling me how dirty and disgusting I am), but those ones were breeding and I'm sure they would have spread quickly enough
-Carbon Leaf
Old 12-11-2009, 11:43 AM   #2534
Maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
The strange thing was that the rest of the apartment is kept very clean (although a bit disorganized) so there were only the ones on the dishrag (despite Angie repeatedly telling me how dirty and disgusting I am), but those ones were breeding and I'm sure they would have spread quickly enough
Yeah, once they get to the bathroom all bets are off..

It's like near impossible to get rid of them until winter
Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 01:47 PM   #2535
Solumina

Oh sweet and now she wants to play the "nothing happened" game, fuck that shit, I don't care how much she smiles at me that isn't changing the fact that she flipped shit over something so basic and clear cut.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 12-11-2009, 02:00 PM   #2536
Mir

(despite Angie repeatedly telling me how dirty and disgusting I am)

OMG SOLLIE WOLLIE! Is yer a disgusting creatcha????
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 02:09 PM   #2537
honeythorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asocalisten View Post
I may have breast cancer. Will know for sure on Thursday. This sucks.
: o !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fucking hell. I'm not sure what to say other than I hope the result is a good one for you.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 02:10 PM   #2538
honeythorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post

Get a few Venus flytrap plants and a lot of flypaper.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 02:52 PM   #2539
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mir View Post
OMG SOLLIE WOLLIE! Is yer a disgusting creatcha????
*tear* yes I must admit I'm terrible, I occasionally forget to put my snacks back in the pantry and if I'm working on a project I keep it out on the table. I'm so ashamed of my ways *sob*

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn View Post
Get a few Venus flytrap plants and a lot of flypaper.
Well I haven't seen any since I got rid of the rag and put some cleaner through the disposal so hopefully we have avoided an infestation *fingers crossed*
-Carbon Leaf
Old 12-11-2009, 05:38 PM   #2540
the-nihilist

Get some bullfrogs. I'm sure your roommates will appreciate that. If they complain, just tell them if they were a little more sanitary then you wouldn't need the frogs.
Old 12-11-2009, 10:47 PM   #2541
Mir

I am drunk as a motherfucker. I had a couple of drinks of JD and coke before I left for work (I work night shift), and found that the Xmas party (which I couldn`t be bothered attending) had moved on over from the Restaurant to our office roof. Went up, started drinking and soon after started taking the piss out of the GM and my direct boss. Free liqour is awesome!

Also, I was told that I am awesome and I will be getting a bonus and a raise.

Sorry. This wasn`t a rant. I love my job, and I love my life.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 11:47 PM   #2542
skoteinh

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCheyenne View Post
My Nana is really sick, her memory is going so fast that she doesn't even remember who most of the family is. I can't even just go visit here without warning because she lives in Wales and it's a long journey.Aside from that,when I went to visit her in the summer, she didn't even know who I was and she got upset because she didn't remember me. This really sucks.
I am so sorry MissC... I wish I was more eloquent, but I can't seem to find anything else to say. I understand how you're feeling.

A piece of advice from personal experience: go visit her the first chance you get. If you don't it is very likely that you will regret it later. It may sound harsh end egoistic, but it's true. Besides, I'm sure that on some level she'll know who you are. At least she'll feel you care for her.

Again, I'm sorry. It's very hard to see the people you care about lose their memory.
Old 12-12-2009, 02:45 AM   #2543
Still Jack

I had an awesome night. It started off finding 300€ in cash poking out of Big Mac box that was half stuffed in the bin. Further down that same road, I found a full pack of fags ( still wrapped in plastic ) on the ground. After that we went to the local kebab shop and had some really greasy food to mop up previous booze. Then I had an inconsolable hankering for a bhaji and a samosa or two, so went and got those. Then decided, as we were rich motherfuckers of the moment, to go the bar in Royal Hotel. A few cranberry vodka / jack and coke / tipple of choices later, we set off to the petrol station, stocked up on booze and nibbles, met up with this dude we call the Pharmacist, stocked up on narcotics and drove to the Dreamhouse. After that everything is a bit hazy.
I remember being on the roof in the rain. I also remember eating 4 bags of potato chips in a row, fucking munchies. This morning I woke up with some hot rasta chick next to me, apparently we screwed, but I have no recollection of it.

P.S. Kebab and chips for breakfast is the bomb.

edit: Why the shit did I just post this in rant???
Old 12-12-2009, 02:49 AM   #2544
Methadrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoteinh View Post
A piece of advice from personal experience: go visit her the first chance you get. If you don't it is very likely that you will regret it later. It may sound harsh end egoistic, but it's true. Besides, I'm sure that on some level she'll know who you are. At least she'll feel you care for her.

Again, I'm sorry. It's very hard to see the people you care about lose their memory.
I always do the opposite. When people start loosing their mind and memory I stop visiting them. That way I keep the image of how they used to be in my mind and don't have to see the crippled shell they are now. Cold, cruel and heartless, I know.

"Meow. Mew. Mrow. Maow? Miaox." - Lovely Delkaetre speaks cat.
Methadrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 03:22 AM   #2545
MissCheyenne

I guess I understand why you would do that. I know I would rather remember the way my Nana was rather than how she is now.
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 04:45 AM   #2546
Still Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper of Death View Post
Chains and spikes are illegal over here, but I'm planning on getting some nice Timberline AT II tires soon, they work real nice on ice and snow.
I'd recommend the Michelin X-Ice Xi2. If you're talking about the Monte, if your talking about the truck then stick with the Timbos.
Old 12-12-2009, 09:03 AM   #2547
skoteinh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCheyenne View Post
I guess I understand why you would do that. I know I would rather remember the way my Nana was rather than how she is now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Methadrine View Post
I always do the opposite. When people start loosing their mind and memory I stop visiting them. That way I keep the image of how they used to be in my mind and don't have to see the crippled shell they are now. Cold, cruel and heartless, I know.
Actually it seems to be the exact oposite. It shows how much you care, and how sensitive you are.... It is an extremely awkward situation, plus it is very saddening to feel that you have lost someone you love, before they are actually 'gone'.

I completely understand this reaction, I have a similar personal experience. I keep regretting not being there in the end however, although 17 years have passed.
Old 12-12-2009, 09:36 AM   #2548
JCC

I'm writing to write a personal statement for my college application and I'm struggling to write it without seeming stuffy or smug, because those are my two main modes of existence. It's ridiculous, I spend all of my time talking about myself but when I am told to talk about myself, I struggle.

So far I have:

"My primary interests relate to broadening my understanding of things. I spend most of my time reading, largely either classics or politics and philosophy but I dabble in whatever modern literature seems appealing, listening to music or watching films. I always find myself trying to reach a perennial knowledge of an area that I know doesn't exist, but the effort leads me to experiencing many different points of view and I find myself in a constant state of progress. I enjoy public speaking, giving presentations and similar tasks, and I am confident, outgoing and well-spoken. I enjoy discussions, not about any subject in particular, which relates back to learning new things but I am generally a 'people person', so I enjoy conversation, especially if I come away from it having changed somebody's mind or having changed my own view on something. My eagerness for debate occasionally leads me to have heated disagreements, but I see even this as a chance to improve my rhetorical skills and it usually becomes like a public verbal joust where I have a horse and a spear and they're straddling their dying cat, timidly wielding a box of corn flakes and a shield fashioned out of glitter paper. I don't undertake any extra-curricular activities or responsibilities in school simply because nothing takes my fancy, but I'm not entirely closed off to the idea even though afterschool clubs generally smell of social anathema and spending lunchtime eating your soggy sandwiches by yourself, flicking through your Star Trek anthology that is flecked with tears."

How do I make it more accessible to the establishment without being like "I play sports I like sports sports are great I was on the school football team boy I sure love sports and physical activity"?
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 09:43 AM   #2549
MissCheyenne

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
My eagerness for debate occasionally leads me to have heated disagreements, but I see even this as a chance to improve my rhetorical skills and it usually becomes like a public verbal joust where I have a horse and a spear and they're straddling their dying cat, timidly wielding a box of corn flakes and a shield fashioned out of glitter paper.
That is the best thing I've read all day.
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 09:57 AM   #2550
JCC

I'm thinking that if I blanket that sentiment with some austere and straightfaced "I am good at this and this" then they might see it as charming rather than obnoxious.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote