Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Shill
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Shill Post your website announcements here. Anything that is blatantly SPAM (nigerian schemes, make money fast, etc) will be deleted. Actually, we'd probably keep the nigerian schemes around to make fun of it.

Old 12-29-2010, 10:38 AM   #126
Versus

Took me a second to find it. I'm pretty sure Canada doesn't need to chose their words carefully.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...1088f23b10.jpg
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 01:24 PM   #127
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus View Post
Shoot. I like coodlin' on the couch while watching romantic comedies.
I think we should call you out on this one... Man there are some really bad romantic comedies out.. no one should have to sit through them.

I'm thinking The Proposal; When in rome; The last song;

Clint rules!!

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 01:26 PM   #128
Versus

I refuse to talk about my love for romantic comedies.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 12-29-2010, 01:34 PM   #129
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuckooTuli View Post
Nuh-uh! Apathy's Child already mentioned his self-loathing approach to his own bisexuality - surely the manly thing to do would be to man the fuck up and approach the inevitable with defiant gusto. Gobble that junk like you're Clint Eastwood chewing tobacco, y'know?
That's what I told myself when I woke up on a couch, arm around my best friend and head on his shoulder, after an MDMA binge. That's the day I learned it's possible to lean over and spit like the world's toughest cowboy even if your hand's tangled in another guy's hair and the last thing you remember talking about is how the biggest tragedy of existence is that we're all so alone our own skins. And that hugging someone is basically trying to press yourself back into the womb because being a separate entity hurts too much.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 06:13 PM   #130
Fruitbat

Quote:
I refuse to talk about my love for romantic comedies.
I have ways of making you talk...

Take this - KaPOW
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MoEs...eature=related

Old 12-30-2010, 05:07 AM   #131
CuckooTuli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apathy's_Child View Post
That's what I told myself when I woke up on a couch, arm around my best friend and head on his shoulder, after an MDMA binge. That's the day I learned it's possible to lean over and spit like the world's toughest cowboy even if your hand's tangled in another guy's hair and the last thing you remember talking about is how the biggest tragedy of existence is that we're all so alone our own skins. And that hugging someone is basically trying to press yourself back into the womb because being a separate entity hurts too much.
Damn, I need to party with you guys. I swear I've had the physical version of that conversation by lying on top of one of my friends, body to body, moving each other around in search of the ideal hug. We took a really scientific approach and concluded that it's all about the chest and stomach being pushed together hard enough that you feel like you could melt into each other. He was a bit weird about it in the morning, but as far as I'm concerned, short of dropping your pants for a wee at a family party then taking a swing at your nan, there's no shame in anything done while on drugs.
CuckooTuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 12:35 PM   #132
edible_eye

Hi, all.

I was directed to this thread by a friend (thanx, C.). It's been a while since I last roamed these halls. Good to see some old names and good to see some new ones.

Oldies ensure that the foundational flavor never really dies. New blood keeps the place fresh and alive. And always thinking.

I appreciate the kind words I've read here. Even more so being they were laid down en absentia, as Versus pointed out. Hello, Versus, by the way. Haven't met you but I do respect your service to our country. So, thank you from a nameless, faceless someone you've never met. I would be honored if you held the award as your own (given that it was actually awarded to me. I'm taking a leap with that assumption, I know.)

HP - thanx for the nomination and for the truly kind words. Corpsey - dude. Too kind. Shots in the future, Bubba. And Saya - *bow*. Thank you, m'lady. Very generous compliments you afforded me and kind of you to say them. Long time, no see. I hope and trust life has been more kind than cruel.

Anyway, I have no say in whether or not such a title belongs on a tag alongside my name. "Manliest Man" seems to be an episodic, intermittent and clearly opinionated title to be slapped onto someone's back as a situation or circumstance warrants. I have the privelege of knowing several men who have earned a title such as this ten times over and that's humbling.

I believe someone here mentioned Mael, also - from the old school G-Net folk. Good man, MrMaelstrom. I'd support him in receiving the award.

And to clear up what it is I do for a living - I'm an RN in a psych emergency room, in Boston. High acuity, lots of trouble. Also lots of sadness, abuse and trauma. I don't often deal with the pleasant, sunny side of humanity. That's life.

Now that i popped back in, I'll have to look around a bit. Kinda cool seeing this place again. There have been some wonderful souls who've inhabited this forum over the years - and let's face it, it's not often you can find that on internet forums.

Thank you, again - if for nothing else, for the kindness in your memories.
Old 12-30-2010, 01:23 PM   #133
edible_eye

Quote:
HP - I don't know. If, as a psychiatric therapist, he yells at patients to act right not because of sincere concern, but because they piss him off then I would accept that. Somehow, I doubt that the reality is so awesome.

Besides. There are other aspects to manininity that need to be considered.
To this - I don't yell and the varied reasons for people coming to the ER are as abundant as the strands of seaweed on the beach after a storm - ie - not everyone comes to the ER for behavioral reasons. That said, I'm an RN, not a therapist. And despite the visceral reaction some people have to my outward appearance, when push comes to shove, my patients usually tell me they feel safe when I'm on - that they know I'll care for them and keep them safe. And for me, that's all i really need for a peer review.

Oh, and Solumina - you're right. Teddy bear.
Old 12-30-2010, 03:28 PM   #134
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by edible_eye View Post
I appreciate the kind words I've read here. Even more so being they were laid down en absentia, as Versus pointed out. Hello, Versus, by the way. Haven't met you but I do respect your service to our country. So, thank you from a nameless, faceless someone you've never met. I would be honored if you held the award as your own (given that it was actually awarded to me. I'm taking a leap with that assumption, I know.)
No, it was to you. I said I would take it in your absence as a joke. And thank you, though the feeling is mutual. I have a tremendously difficult time tending to strangers in any kind of emotional capacity, so I'm always in a bit of awe of people who can.

Quote:
Anyway, I have no say in whether or not such a title belongs on a tag alongside my name. "Manliest Man" seems to be an episodic, intermittent and clearly opinionated title to be slapped onto someone's back as a situation or circumstance warrants. I have the privelege of knowing several men who have earned a title such as this ten times over and that's humbling.
I thought the same thing, so I decided it prudent to give internet acknowledgement piecemeal, as opposed to something vague and a little esoteric like "Manliest Man."

Quote:
To this - I don't yell and the varied reasons for people coming to the ER are as abundant as the strands of seaweed on the beach after a storm - ie - not everyone comes to the ER for behavioral reasons. That said, I'm an RN, not a therapist. And despite the visceral reaction some people have to my outward appearance, when push comes to shove, my patients usually tell me they feel safe when I'm on - that they know I'll care for them and keep them safe. And for me, that's all i really need for a peer review.
I worded that wrong. The joke was "Yelling to act right as opposed to showing concern." (read: not yelling.)

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 12-30-2010, 04:52 PM   #135
Fruitbat

Quote:
Only if you own a pair of gold spurs.

I do.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...36567000-1.jpg

"Buddy assisted stretches." ^^;
Those hats are cool!!!!!!

So do you have your Spurs yet? (oh my fingers feel rude just asking the question)

Old 12-31-2010, 02:44 AM   #136
Fruitbat

E_E - tough job. I admire folks who work in psych areas.

I've spent a vast amount of my life energy (and entire two minutes) contemplating how to identify the manliest man and I think I have found it.

We need an Iron man contest. No not the ones where they are swimming, running and cycling or the ones where they have to eat a tin of dog food and carry a bale of hay but something more challenging.

They should face a series of do-able challenges that will test their resourcefulness, ingenuity and manly abilities.

I offer up the suggestion of Knitting. Finding something in the immediate vicinity of where you are presently sitting that would pass for two knitting needles and yarn. A picture would be required.

Oh never mind.. I think it's just the JD and cola that is talking..

Old 12-31-2010, 11:34 PM   #137
edible_eye

Quote:
No, it was to you. I said I would take it in your absence as a joke. And thank you, though the feeling is mutual. I have a tremendously difficult time tending to strangers in any kind of emotional capacity, so I'm always in a bit of awe of people who can.
If your ability to deal with someone face-to-face is even 1/10 as genuine in spirit as it is inside this forum (I browsed a bit), I suspect you're a lot more effective interacting with people, strangers or otherwise, than you give yourself credit.

Happy new year, man.
Old 12-31-2010, 11:36 PM   #138
edible_eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitbat View Post
E_E - tough job. I admire folks who work in psych areas.

I've spent a vast amount of my life energy (and entire two minutes) contemplating how to identify the manliest man and I think I have found it.

We need an Iron man contest. No not the ones where they are swimming, running and cycling or the ones where they have to eat a tin of dog food and carry a bale of hay but something more challenging.

They should face a series of do-able challenges that will test their resourcefulness, ingenuity and manly abilities.

I offer up the suggestion of Knitting. Finding something in the immediate vicinity of where you are presently sitting that would pass for two knitting needles and yarn. A picture would be required.

Oh never mind.. I think it's just the JD and cola that is talking..
If knitting is the litmus test by which to prove my "manliness" - I fold.

That JD and cola, however...
Old 01-01-2011, 04:31 PM   #139
Fruitbat

E_e - like I said I spent a whole 2 minutes on the idea. No actually knitting involved - more like a who can scrounge up the things to pass as possible knitting. I was thinking two pens and a computer cable, or earbud cable.

Proving manliness is overrated... it's like proving girliness-
so if you wear pink and flounce around it makes you a girl?

Old 01-01-2011, 11:33 PM   #140
edible_eye

Quote:
E_e - like I said I spent a whole 2 minutes on the idea. No actually knitting involved - more like a who can scrounge up the things to pass as possible knitting. I was thinking two pens and a computer cable, or earbud cable.

Ah. Manliness = WWMcGD? What Would McGyver Do? Got it.

And girliness pretty much comes down to having breasts and a vagina. Keep it basic so the gray area doesn't dominate. ~
Old 01-02-2011, 02:05 AM   #141
Saya

O hai E_E!

Quote:

Must....resist...gender norms....rant!

I did find scientific evidence that men knitting immediately increases attractiveness. Doesn't necessarily make you attractive, but it is a boost. Bonus if you have a cat.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 03:39 AM   #142
edible_eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
O hai E_E!
Hiya, Saya. Happy new year.
Old 01-02-2011, 06:32 AM   #143
Fruitbat

Quote:
Ah. Manliness = WWMcGD? What Would McGyver Do? Got it.

And girliness pretty much comes down to having breasts and a vagina. Keep it basic so the gray area doesn't dominate. ~
You win the awesome-ist awesome award.. (hey is that even a word?) Ah I don't know, I'm running on sleep deprivation. ihave no idea what I'm saying.

Old 01-03-2011, 09:38 AM   #144
Solumina

Hi e_e, nice to see you pop in for a bit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Must....resist...gender norms....rant!
I have to admit I admire your restraint, I know that must have been hard for you.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 12:13 PM   #145
Despanan

I lived in the woods for six months, carried everything on my back while walking 2176 miles across the east coast. The net vertical climb alone is equivalent to seven Mt. Everests. Then I moved to New York City and ran a marathon.

I also have a beard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 12:31 PM   #146
KontanKarite

That's just a front to hide the shame of being a theaterfag.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:17 PM   #147
Versus

A real man would climb Mt. Everest seven times.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 01-04-2011, 03:28 AM   #148
Fruitbat

Quote:
A real man would climb Mt. Everest seven times.
I've flown over it seven times.. man those oxygen cyinders are really heavy for us little bats.

Old 01-04-2011, 05:48 AM   #149
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
Hi, all.

I was directed to this thread by a friend (thanx, C.). It's been a while since I last roamed these halls. Good to see some old names and good to see some new ones.

Oldies ensure that the foundational flavor never really dies. New blood keeps the place fresh and alive. And always thinking.

HP - thanx for the nomination and for the truly kind words. Corpsey - dude. Too kind. Shots in the future, Bubba. And Saya - *bow*. Thank you, m'lady. Very generous compliments you afforded me and kind of you to say them. Long time, no see. I hope and trust life has been more kind than cruel.

I believe someone here mentioned Mael, also - from the old school G-Net folk. Good man, MrMaelstrom. I'd support him in receiving the award.

And to clear up what it is I do for a living - I'm an RN in a psych emergency room, in Boston. High acuity, lots of trouble. Also lots of sadness, abuse and trauma. I don't often deal with the pleasant, sunny side of humanity. That's life.

Now that i popped back in, I'll have to look around a bit. Kinda cool seeing this place again. There have been some wonderful souls who've inhabited this forum over the years - and let's face it, it's not often you can find that on internet forums.

Thank you, again - if for nothing else, for the kindness in your memories.
C'mon guys, who're you trying to kid? This is supposed to be the Manliest Man thread, and this dude's a bigger girl than I am.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:58 AM   #150
ssj_goku

Quote:
I've flown over it seven times.. man those oxygen cyinders are really heavy for us little bats.
r u a furry?