Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 09-16-2006, 06:40 AM   #76
Angel of the Dark

I like very much Tim Burton's "Nightmare Before Christmas" and "Corpse Bride".I bought them not long ago.I remember that I have also seen "Beetlejuice","Sleepy Hollow" and Edward Scissorhand".All were excellently made!!!
Angel of the Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 05:08 AM   #77
She_Is_My_Sin

I must admit, although I do like T.B's films...I have watched some a few too many & now they've lost their charm. I was given 'Edward Scissorhands' as a Christmas present & watched it on Xmas Eve. A few weeks later my friend came round & she wanted to watch it...then I went to a sleepover the next day & they asked me to bring my DVD...it came on tv one time & I just had to switch off 0_0

I have the Corpse Bride on DVD too, but I haven't watched it. But I do have a lovely poster of Victor running away from Emily (that was her name right?) it's a painting, very beautiful.

I heard Tim & Jonny are doing another collaboration for 'Sweeny Tod'. Oh & that NBC is gonna be re-done in CGI with people like Fall Out Boy & Marilyn Manson doing the soundtrack...hating both computer animations & MM I doubt I'll even take a peek at it.
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 02:35 PM   #78
BlackButterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfMoon
Snow is not goth, it's white.

...but doesn't it get credit for looking so pretty against something like black velvet, and being so ethereal? And bringing out the stark beauty of anything darker than itself?
According to an article in USA Today, children from single parent homes have much better verbal skills than children from two parent homes. However, children from two parent homes are far superior at bitterly sarcastic repertoire.

I'd love to see crowds of kids running away from a greased naked guy with Jesus hair.--
c130
BlackButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 02:01 PM   #79
Mephistophelian

When Tim Burton made the Nightmare Before Christmas I bet he never suspected that so many people whould love a skellington so much.

I love that movie though.
Mephistophelian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 03:09 PM   #80
She_Is_My_Sin

Oh I was wrong about N.B.C being in CGI. It's just in 3D.
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 11:03 PM   #81
ashleyxnicole

I am such a huge fan of Tim Burton.
However, I didn't like Charlie or Planet of the Apes.

My faveys are Edward Scissorshands, Beetlejuice, Nightmare Before Christmas, and The Corpse Bride. Jesus.... all of them, Vincent, Ed Wood, Frankenweenie, Sleepy Hollow, Big Fish...

He is just amazing. simply put.

NMBC has been my fave movie since I was in the 3rd grade, since 94!
ashleyxnicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 03:59 AM   #82
Clockwork

Aye, I do admire Tim Burton. I love basically every movie that he's had a hand in (except for the Planet of the Apes remake, as that lacked any good imagination and I really don't like apes.) And no, it's not his name that influences my admiration - I was surprised to learn that Mars Attacks! and Sleepy Hollow were his, among others. Mostly it was a process of discovering the movie/item and saying, "Oh, it's that Burton fellow again?"

I like his imagination, I like his style. And if you have it floating around something as accessible as Hollywood for over twenty years, it does become subject to cliche... unfortunately. My heart clenches every time I see a disgusting scene kid sporting a Jack Skellington shirt. His stuff has become a franchising whore, and I hate it ._.

But still, his stories are wonderful and varied. Beetlejuice was funny, Edward Scissorhands made me want to cry, and I do think Batman Returns is one of the gloomiest things I've ever seen. Hopefully the moron scene kid population will magically die so he can return to subtle obscurity. That'd be nice.

And he's pals with Elfman, come on. I love Danny.
Old 01-15-2007, 11:05 PM   #83
thedoll

i fell in love with big fish, but the corpse bride was a waste of money. the first time i have ever walked out of a theater and asked for my money back...

I'd like to do more than survive, I'd like to rub it in your face. -The Dresden Dolls
thedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 06:26 AM   #84
BlackButterfly

More than anything I love the imagery of Tim Burton's movies. Even the movies with the most simplistic or mundane of storylines have the most fantastic of visual imageries, and such detail.

My favorites are still Big Fish, Frankenweenie (hey, it was cute), The Nightmare Before Christmas, and Edward Scissorhands.

To this day, I haven't seen Charlie, but I should really get off my ass and buy the DVD. I don't know why I haven't seen it yet; the trailers held me in awe.

However the movie turns out I believe that, even if the imagery impresses me, I don't think it will be better than Willy Wonka; part of the charm of the original was the actors themselves and the newness of the whole idea as a movie. The guys in the new film already know what they are working from, and it would serve to take from freshness of an idea, like copying an artwork--there is an element of hackery.
According to an article in USA Today, children from single parent homes have much better verbal skills than children from two parent homes. However, children from two parent homes are far superior at bitterly sarcastic repertoire.

I'd love to see crowds of kids running away from a greased naked guy with Jesus hair.--
c130
BlackButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 11:52 AM   #85
Frankenscott

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackButterfly
More than anything I love the imagery of Tim Burton's movies. Even the movies with the most simplistic or mundane of storylines have the most fantastic of visual imageries, and such detail.

My favorites are still Big Fish, Frankenweenie (hey, it was cute), The Nightmare Before Christmas, and Edward Scissorhands.

To this day, I haven't seen Charlie, but I should really get off my ass and buy the DVD. I don't know why I haven't seen it yet; the trailers held me in awe.

However the movie turns out I believe that, even if the imagery impresses me, I don't think it will be better than Willy Wonka; part of the charm of the original was the actors themselves and the newness of the whole idea as a movie. The guys in the new film already know what they are working from, and it would serve to take from freshness of an idea, like copying an artwork--there is an element of hackery.
That was the same deal as the remake of Mel Brooks "The Producers" ...The new one is like watching some pathetic tv show

Not to get off topic ...Tim Burton is a borderline genius
Frankenscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 12:11 PM   #86
ashleyxnicole

Pee Wee's Big Adventure was his as well. Good film. Silly, but good.
ashleyxnicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 09:15 PM   #87
jacquelinetm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky_Gurl
Does anyone like Tim Burton's movies A LOT A LOT?!?!?!?!?! I am like in love with his movie's. So if you like his movies tell us your fave movie and we will have a chat about him. I like the Corpse Bride and The Nightmare Before Christmas.
I do... enough to get a Corpse Bride and Jack Skellington tattoo on my left, upper arm. :}

"Don't point the finger at me
I am only a rat in a maze like you
And only the dead go free"
-- Roger Waters
4:41AM (Sexual Revolution)
The Pros And Cons Of Hitch Hiking
jacquelinetm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 11:18 AM   #88
darkness before dawn

I heard that Tim Burton is doing a film adaptation of Sweeney Todd...now THAT will be frickin' sweet.
darkness before dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 06:16 AM   #89
Geo_Toni

I LOVE Tim Burton films... they're v cool.

I love Sleepy Hollow, Edward Scissorhands, Nightmare b4 christmas, Corpse bride, Vincent, charlie and the chocolate factory, and some others...

But sleepy hollow is my fave
Geo_Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 06:38 AM   #90
Midnight_Fantasy

I'm a sucker for Tim Burton films especially the ones with Johnny Depp. I actually collect Johnny Depp films.
Midnight_Fantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 07:09 AM   #91
Geo_Toni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight_Fantasy
I'm a sucker for Tim Burton films especially the ones with Johnny Depp. I actually collect Johnny Depp films.
Good on you! I do too... and posters, and trying to get me hands on actually memoribila...
Kinda like Johnny a bit too much!
Geo_Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 09:40 PM   #92
Dead Blue Grind

I love his work. I think the backdrops and scenery are what really seal the deal for me. They're always lush and beautiful. (Especially when they're dark.)
Dead Blue Grind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 01:23 AM   #93
Momerath

When I was little I was freaked COMPLETELY out by Mars Attack! My mom was like, "It's a family movie." Meaning it was the scariest thing I will ever see in my childhood, really. I wonder if that's where my fear of Aliens comes from? lol

Besides that I really am only a super enthusiast of The Nightmare Before Christmas and Sleepy Hollow.

Oh wow!

Corpse Bride is so boring.
Momerath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 06:01 AM   #94
haunted_666

i am in love with his movie edward sissorhands and the nightmare before christmas, there could be something that could be going through his mind and he can do a movie and make it really happen.
haunted_666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 12:56 PM   #95
Underwater Ophelia

I like Ed Wood, Pee Wee's Big Adventure, and Edward Scissorhands the best.
I really hated Corpse Bride; I couldn't even watch the whole thing. I just thought it was really boring and predictable. Not only that, but the characters weren't all that interesting.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 06:16 PM   #96
Vyvian Blackthorne

I am indeed an avid and long-time fan of Burton's work, though I despise Hollywood I believe Burton to be more than just a filmmaker, but an artist. His films, so poetic, so dark, I believe him to be a true gem toward cinema. I am perhaps the only other goth filmmaker other than him (if he considers himself goth, which he may or may not) but still I am indeed inspired by his work filmwise. That and underground, goth culture and surrealism.
Vyvian Blackthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 09:25 PM   #97
gulfcoastanthem

I've never watched Edward Scissorhands without crying. It's physically impossible for me, and I don't know why.

I recently watched Ed Wood, though, and I have to say I expected it to be pretty dull. However, it was absolutely hilarious. I was stunned. If you haven't seen it yet, you're missing out.
gulfcoastanthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 07:52 PM   #98
Mrs_Valo

I've seen the Nightmare Before Christmas. I really didn't like it.
Mrs_Valo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 07:06 AM   #99
Mrs_Valo

Ooh, and I saw Beetlejuice, that one was awesome!!!!
Mrs_Valo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 09:20 AM   #100
Minyaliel

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfcoastanthem
I've never watched Edward Scissorhands without crying. It's physically impossible for me, and I don't know why.
Same goes for me, so you're not alone. I think it's because I can relate so strongly to poor Edward; also I'm rather soppy when it comes to Romeo and Juliet types of plotlines.
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote