Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 01-17-2006, 01:40 PM   #51
WolfMoon

If 'god' hated gays, why are they born?

THat's what I normally ask those fundamentalists.
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 03:21 PM   #52
Wise Child

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfMoon
If 'god' hated gays, why are they born?

THat's what I normally ask those fundamentalists.
They were put here by the devil to seduce the straight people from the path of righteousness. Duh! :-)

A dream is just a nightmare with lipstick ~ Toni Morrison
Wise Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 04:03 PM   #53
JuliaGaltic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise Child
They were put here by the devil to seduce the straight people from the path of righteousness. Duh! :-)

I don't know about you guys but I personally love everything the "devil" put here to seduce us, straight or not, and I have been known to enjoy these things on a regular basis...
Old 01-17-2006, 05:39 PM   #54
thetiesonyourcorset

a few gay banners that i found and like:

*Blowing a kiss all over the world* Aren't i nice?
thetiesonyourcorset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 05:40 PM   #55
thetiesonyourcorset

Old 01-17-2006, 05:41 PM   #56
thetiesonyourcorset

Old 01-17-2006, 05:42 PM   #57
thetiesonyourcorset

Old 01-17-2006, 05:43 PM   #58
thetiesonyourcorset

Old 01-17-2006, 05:43 PM   #59
thetiesonyourcorset

Old 01-17-2006, 05:44 PM   #60
thetiesonyourcorset

and this is something i think and agree with:

Old 01-18-2006, 07:26 AM   #61
Wise Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santarea
"they aren't born, they are made. It was their decisiion, no less a decision than to r*** or to kill."

That was from a sociology paper I wrote in college. It was a reply to a survey about opinions on homosexuality, focusion on denomination. I cannot recall what person/denomination stated that, but it is a fundie viewpoint.
So ... they think that being gay is comparable to being a rapist or a killer? Huh. Well, I can think of a few people I've always wanted to shoot, so gay me up! For Britney must die, even though I apparently have to dry-hump her first to become the killin' type.

Old 01-18-2006, 09:28 AM   #62
Dracul Enyo

Goddamn, I hate people who start up this hue and cry of how Homosexuality is a sin, can be cured, etc.

Homosexuality is bloody awesome. The people are great. And it's a great way to keep the population even. What's to hate?
Dracul Enyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 01:18 PM   #63
swt&inc angel??

Exclamation

Quote:
"they aren't born, they are made. It was their decisiion, no less a decision than to r*** or to kill."

That was from a sociology paper I wrote in college. It was a reply to a survey about opinions on homosexuality, focusion on denomination. I cannot recall what person/denomination stated that, but it is a fundie viewpoint.

To say Gays are made is to say that sociopaths are made...while it is possible to say that some are ''made'' (by the way they grew up or were treated) there is still just as many who come from great loving homes they just one day dicided to kill. they may not no why but that they felt they had to. Also some who grew up mistreated and just overly shy and constently waiting to be treated like that again. Im not sure I have the right terms for people but I decided to post this any way for you to read and think about what I am trying to get across...personalities are not made nore is a persons sexual preference,we cannot controle that wich makes us, us. If I used the wrong term or spelled anything wrong I apoligize no spell check on my computer
swt&inc angel?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 01:40 PM   #64
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetiesonyourcorset
and this is something i think and agree with:

I don't believe in any particular 'god', but I'd love to get that as a bumper sticker!
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 04:19 PM   #65
Metatron

Quote:
Definitely not a statement I would go by.
Old 01-18-2006, 05:42 PM   #66
cannibalnuns

I am currently listening to Queen as I write this. Yes Freddy Mercury, the "gay" lead singer. But let me tell you he was one hell of a singer. I never had a problem with him nor any other "fag."

Do some of use learn to be homosexual? As it seems many people believe that a person’s first experience with sex controls and guides ones sexual orientation.

"Gil Herdt of the University of Chicago does not agree with the belief." He gives an example of Sambia in New Guinea, on the sexual orientation of males. "Sambien men believe that boys will become men only if they ingest rhe sperm of older males." However while they are young they enjoy homosexual activity then upon reaching manhood form relationships exclusively with women.

From these observations from others like Herdt, homosexuality is not learned. Consistent also is the small percentage of Americans that become homosexual having experienced sexual contact with the same sex as an adolescent, when they become adults.

----

-Twin studies suggest that social learning while having a profound effect is not simply the only cause. Genetic factors are said to be part as well (Eckert, Bouchard, Bohlen, Bohlen and Heston 1986). Twins, if one is homosexual the other sibling would most likely be as well, for they share the same genetic make up. However it is different in the case of fraternal twins.

-There is substantial evidence that atypical levels of some sex hormones during paternal development increase the likelihood of homosexuality (Meyer-Blauberg and others, 1995).

Studies also indicate that gay males are more likely to have more than one older sibling (e.g Blanchard and others, 1995, 1996; Bogart, 1998). Later born males are exposed to lower levels of paternal testosterone; this might reflect a hormonal change on male homosexuality. Though this is not certain and can't really be proven.

-Allen, Gorski, LeVay, Swaab and Hofman also believe the hypothalamus is one cause of homosexuality. In that the brain of a homosexual male differs from the brain of a heterosexual male- thus is closer to that of the female brain structure.

----

Why could it be called a mental disorder? Does it cause the man pain or do others cause his pain? Does it interfere with his work or just those who are homophobes hounding him (or mistreating him)? Is he not capable to take care of himself or do others deny him the chance to? Can he make decisions? Of course he can. .Some people are simply born different or are exposed to things others have not been exposed to. These things might be social behavior, genes, brain structure or sheer curiosity. Who is to really say, Generalization makes study so hard, but a disorder I would have to say no homosexuality is not. For the sheer fact that they can act, others affect them and how they are taken. Not the homosexual nature. As for why it happens, I am not sure I can really give a answer.

men•tal
adj

1. Of or relating to the mind; intellectual: mental powers.
2. Executed or performed by the mind; existing in the mind: mental images of happy times.
3. Of, relating to, or affected by a disorder of the mind.
4. Intended for treatment of people affected with disorders of the mind.
5. Of or relating to telepathy or mind reading.
6Slang.
a. Emotionally upset; crazed: got mental when he saw the dent in his new car.
b. Offensive Slang. Mentally or psychologically disturbed.

I hope this fits.
Firmness in enduring and exertion is a character I always wish to possess. I have always despised the whining yelp of complaint and cowardly resolve.- Robert Burns
cannibalnuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 03:48 PM   #67
rockandrose

Homosexuality is a mental disorder?

Really?

Fantastic.

So, what makes those who are straight and bi?
Old 01-24-2006, 04:09 PM   #68
rockandrose

Prossibly yes.

The legal system can be crazy.

There was a law here in Aust, if a person trespasses a person's house in an attempt to rob, he or she can actually sue the owner of the house if he or she injuries her/himself inside someone's else's home.

I'm not sure if this law exist anymore. This law makes me want to laugh and cry at the same time.

It would be interesting to know if a person's sexuality can be used as a advantage to get away with a crime they committed.
Old 01-24-2006, 04:49 PM   #69
Persephone

It'd be great to see; there wouldn't be a straight criminal left....

On a very personal note, I don't see homosexuality as a condition;from personal experience I think is more of a circumstantial thing... What one's looking for in a person, to fulfill their needs (phisical, emotional, whatever), they might find in either a woman or a man regardless of their own gender. As I see it, gay couples have only one difference from straight ones, they can't have kids on their own, even lesbians... but that can be fixed... on the other hand people LOVE to degrade others, makes them feel better iwith their pathetic attemps of life.

Where did all that philosophical shit come from?? God I need a drink... I'm getting mushy...
Persephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 04:56 PM   #70
rockandrose

Straight, bi or homo. We're all human.

Let's all wear our underwear on our heads.
Old 01-24-2006, 09:08 PM   #71
Godslayer Jillian

I'd rather not. Not the part of the underwear in our heads, but the part of underwear in its totality

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 10:59 PM   #72
Disfunction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise Child
There was a psychiatrist during WWII, who mainly worked with soldiers, I think, but was also supposed to be able to "cure" men of their homosexuality. Anyway, his name was Henry Head. True story! I got that from the Regeneration books, but I think they're pretty factual when it comes to the who's-who of psychiatrists and what they did. Childish, but funny.
Regeneration is set during World War I, not World War II.

Most of it is speculative and very loosely based on their published works.

...don't smother your kids."
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 11:15 PM   #73
Disfunction

As far as any of this is concerned, homosexuality poses no threat to the immediate future of the human species. There would have been a time when homosexuality could have and should have been considered an undesirable abnormality, from an evolutionary standpoint. Given the current human population, however, there's no cause for alarm over homosexuality, bisexuality or pansexuality. As long as no one is harmed in the process of discovery of one's sexuality, then there is nothing wrong with it one way or another.

I believe that homosexuality and bisexuality are conditioned behaviours.

When I was a bit younger, I went through a number of relationships with girls. Most of these relationships degraded quickly, and I'd often learn of my loved ones as being bisexual. I developed an aversion to relationships with bisexuals. I still have a great deal of difficulty dealing with them romantically for some reason. My fear of getting involved romantically with bisexuals occured due to negative experience. Most girls I know who have suffered sexual abuse have tended towards being bisexual. As such, it would seem that sexual experience can play a role in the development of sexual preference.

There's more to what I'm saying than what's been put out there, but the essential element for me is that I believe that conditioning plays at least a role in the development of sexual identity... It's quite likely that, much like intelligence, it's a 50/50 split between heredity and how one is raised.

Sleep, now.

...don't smother your kids."
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 02:25 AM   #74
Wise Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disfunction
Regeneration is set during World War I, not World War II.

Most of it is speculative and very loosely based on their published works.
Damn, of course it is. Careless typo, sorry. I just brought it up because it gave me a chuckle that a psychiatrist dealing with sexuality was called Henry Head *chuckles again childishly*

Old 01-25-2006, 03:46 AM   #75
ExistentialDisorder

In ref. to Disfunction (since the damned site wont let me quote again):

I'm sure in some cases it may very well be a matter of condition, based on environment, but that is too much of a blanket excuse, and doesn't explain why, for example, 3 brothers raised in the same house with the same parents, not all that far apart in age, one turns out homo, while the other two are straight. Not only straight, but very much borderline homophobic.

I think the conditioning plays more of a role in how one views and accepts - or doesn't accept - alternate sexual lifestyles. Those conditions being put iin place by society and his/her immediate environment. In our western culture bisexuality/homosexuality among women is far more acceptable - socially - and shrugged off with little to no comment than it ever is among men. When was it, for example, the last time you heard of a couple of girls in a school being bashed for displaying homo tendencies? And why is that? Could it be because this is still largely a male dominated society? That we still place much more social and "moral" responsibility (of extremely narrow-minded views) of right and wrong on our male children than we ever do on our female children. I say religion is to blame for the condemnation of homosexuality. Specifically christianity, tho Islam and Judaism also condem it. In ancient times homosexuality was much more accepted in dominant societies than it is today.

"What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection
Is it all you wanted to be?
What if you could look right through the cracks?
Would you find yourself [or]
Find yourself afraid to see?..." -NIN
ExistentialDisorder is offline   Reply With Quote