Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

View Poll Results: has this happened to you or your school?
always been that way 13 81.25%
never happened 3 18.75%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2004, 06:48 AM   #51
The_Crazy_Irishman

Well I'll try won't be easy, but then nothing really is Anyway as far as I know she isn't dating older guys, so we shall leave worrying about how to deal with a guy older than myself till later, or 'I shall cross that bridge when I get to it' :P And as for strong, no worries there, I'd feel sorry for the man she marries, as even now it's obvious who will wear the trousers, no matter who the husband is :wink:
Old 05-19-2004, 08:24 AM   #52
ChUnKy_CaRaMeL

lol fuuny funny
Old 05-21-2004, 06:01 PM   #53
Jane13

Bleh... most of the other girls in my junior high (mostly 12- 13) dress really gross. It's as though you can't look pretty without showing your crack. I just can't identify with that. My midriff is no one else's concern... I have a really strong sense of modesty. I have friends that date older guys, but not that much older... I've seen that elsewhere though. It's kind of scary. Not many other people my age seem to mind, though
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Old 05-21-2004, 06:38 PM   #54
evelynne

My sister is a prep.
My LITTLE sister.
Consequently she believes she knows everything there is to know about clothing, music and entertainment. She also believes that her subculture makes her better than me.
I would be perfectly willing to accept age-relative equality in this situation, but her supercilious mindset is becoming infuriating. For example: yesterday she saw me getting out of mother's car dressed in my gothly finery and cried, 'OMIGOD, you look so WIERD! Don't come near my friends!'
Now the implication that I would walk over to her friends, bare my teeth and threaten to drain their blood and perform a Satanic ritual with it was vaguely amusing, but her arrogance is somewhat confusing. She's extraordinarily embarassed to have a goth in the family, as are my younger, preppy cousins. I've grown used to this, but:
Why must people convince themselves that their ideas are the only right ones? It's the very reason monotheistic religions don't suit me.
Not saying I'm not guilty of vanity, either. Most prep lasses are nice to me... of course, they might just be afraid.
Here ends my tirade.
Old 05-21-2004, 06:54 PM   #55
evelynne

p.s. I do love my sis and would stand up for her, but sometimes I simply want to take her to an isolated location in the middle of the city and LEAVE HER THERE. And she will never have the problem of a hideously old boyfriend because I shall run him over. Repeatedly and delightedly. Hhuzzah.
Old 05-24-2004, 08:54 PM   #56
Jixnme

I don't get why people fall into cliche's for. I mean like it really matters after school what you look like or what you do. I also feel that the arrogance and pettiness comes from failure to reconize the real world. Sure they may be cool in high school but once reality hits you it hits hard, just let them be and let them figure out how much false flattery and arrogance gets you when your working 9 to 5 at a Grocery store.
Old 05-25-2004, 08:47 AM   #57
Loy

Jinxme-You don't get how people can fall into cliches? Not to sound mean-spirited here, but aren't you on a Goth board?
Old 06-17-2004, 03:44 PM   #58
KoRnchick

wow. has anyone been watching Maury? I am 13 but geez i can relate to the feeling of a sibling going out with someone old enough to be considered ****. i see kids at my school who think they are sooooo cool! just because their new "designer jeans" made to enhance their ass were $100. They all complain because they have a "HUGE ASSS" well maybe if they didn't buy jeans that squeezed the life out of them the swelling would go down. i mean COME ON PEOPLE if you aren't a size 1 then don't buy the pants! Or what really gets me is the girls who are a bit overweight wear a belly shirt and low-cut jeans. UGH! if you ever see that here is some advice yell at them in front of all their friends "CRACK KILLS"! It has been working for me. lol their faces.
the voices are calling guess i should answer
Old 06-17-2004, 05:50 PM   #59
ice

OK, I'm sorry people, but this thread has been brought back from the dead >PLENTY<
Thus, I'm Locking it, and hoping... just hoping, that nothing like this abomination would ever grace the face of this site anymore, EVER.

"No - it's more like - wow, isn't enlightenment great?" - Doug Henning
Closed Thread