Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 02:26 AM   #8251
Morrigan_Dubh

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjork_freak
Is there anyone familiar with crystal healing? If so, I would love some information. I purchased a stone and a book on crystal healing, but the stone I bought isn't in the book. Does anyone know the name of my stone?

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f5...6/DSCF0013.jpg
I think it looks a bit like Lapis Lazuli...
http://www.gemstone.org/gem-by-gem/english/lapis.html
Old 04-25-2006, 04:44 AM   #8252
Sanctus Dei

Heh heh heh, Furry sniffles... I love that. Wait, what are you guys talking about?? Ignore who exactly?
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:52 AM   #8253
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
"GRAFFITI SHOCKS MANY: Recently there were anti-Bush messages written in graffiti on doors, trash bins, sidewalks and buildings throughout campus. There are no clues as to who may have been responsible for these acts."

This is the caption to a photograph in my university's newspaper. The photograph shows stenciled-and-spray-painted stormtroopers accompanied by "clone our troops" sprayed across the wall. While I agree that this is disrespectful and rude, I have to question the writers of our newspaper for the graffiti they chose to comment on. There have been pot leaves stencilled onto sidewalks and even the signs to buildings. There have been naked lady stencils also sprayed in various places. In my building, on the 2nd floor boys' door, there is a swastika in marker. Count'em: That's illegal drugs, female objectification, and blatant hateful nazism. Why is it that the anti-Bush sentiments (on a college campus, no less) are the ones that are objectionable?

I certainly understand why a newspaper would perhaps not want to publish a picture of those images, but if graffiti is worth commenting on, why allow the truly shocking pieces of graffiti to go ignored?

Does anyone else think this is silly?
I don't think it's silly. I think it's politicizing the news, as usual. Fox News does the same thing with Democrats. I'd be impressed if you wrote an opinion piece to the paper stating just what you have posted here.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Old 04-25-2006, 06:07 AM   #8254
Blushing Heliophobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan_Dubh
I think it looks a bit like Lapis Lazuli...
http://www.gemstone.org/gem-by-gem/english/lapis.html
And I've never seen that before! It's so pretty...I didn't think that it could be natural.
Old 04-25-2006, 06:14 AM   #8255
bjork_freak

I don't think that's my stone. My stone is milky looking inside, and it doesn't have the white sparkles in it. Cool stone though M_D.
Old 04-25-2006, 06:49 AM   #8256
pitseleh

Some random bit of information I picked up today while reading a Swedish magazine on modern audio-art: Apparently there exists an alternative version of the origins of the Dracula myth.

In the late 18th century, there was a Romanian count who fell in love with a beautiful Opera Diva in Paris. To his great sorrow, however, she died, and all he had left to remember her by were some wax-roll recordings of her voice and a marble bust of her likeness. These he took with him back to his castle in Romania, where he would weep in front of her bust while listening to the scratchy recordings of her singing. Now, seeing as the peasants working outside the castle didn't know that technology to record voices existed, they became frightened at the ghostly sounds coming from the castle. In addition to this, they saw in the window the silhouette of the count with his head inclined towards the bosom of his love's effigy. This lead them to start calling him "Dracúl", which means "devil" in Romanian.

It's just a theory, but the story is real enough, and might have played a part in establishing the Dracula myth.
Old 04-25-2006, 06:54 AM   #8257
Morrigan_Dubh

Quote:
I don't think that's my stone. My stone is milky looking inside, and it doesn't have the white sparkles in it. Cool stone though M_D.
It is pretty, isn't it?
But my favourite has always been Tiger's Eye....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tigers_eye

Or blood-red garnet...
http://www.gemstone.org/gem-by-gem/english/garnet.html
Old 04-25-2006, 10:29 AM   #8258
Sanctus Dei

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkangel29
Ah....That's been his nickyname for a while my lovely baby-eater. Meh, you're fucking hot so I'll forgive ya.

Joking sweetheart.. I know all about the bunny boy.
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

Old 04-25-2006, 12:14 PM   #8259
succubus,queenofvampires

I love Xng's avvy!!

Cartman(South Park): It's a man's obligation to stick his boneration in a woman's separation; this sort of penetration will
increase the population of the younger generation.
Old 04-25-2006, 12:18 PM   #8260
Sanctus Dei

I like this new one more...

Old 04-25-2006, 12:20 PM   #8261
Blushing Heliophobe

I kind of miss the black and white - it was so eloquent. But, the bright green looks very techie - it's cool too
Old 04-25-2006, 12:24 PM   #8262
Solumina

Quote:
Is there anyone familiar with crystal healing? If so, I would love some information. I purchased a stone and a book on crystal healing, but the stone I bought isn't in the book. Does anyone know the name of my stone?

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f5...6/DSCF0013.jpg
It could be blue quartz which looks like this http://www.celestial-lights.com/Crys...uesiberian.jpg or it could be skystone which has the unusual ability to glow for a few minutes after being exposed to sunlight and it looks like this: http://ietta.mo-blog.jp/syumi/images...lue2_thumb.jpg (I hope that the picture is big enough, I couldn't find a biger one)
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Old 04-25-2006, 01:11 PM   #8263
TwistedKitsune

I'm watching Ever After *adores the movie*

pssst, Morrigan, tokidoki shashin wa ii...
Old 04-25-2006, 01:22 PM   #8264
TwistedKitsune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
TK, congratulations on hitting Andrew Eldritch!
Why, thank you! Deary me, I've been so caught up in other things that I hadn't even noticed.

Old 04-25-2006, 01:47 PM   #8265
Sanctus Dei

Go Kitsy!! (psst... miss you sweetheart..)

Old 04-25-2006, 02:04 PM   #8266
Engulfed_in_darkness

I am back. I couldnt post cuz I was gone and in Sarasota, Florida in a best western hotel.
Old 04-25-2006, 02:04 PM   #8267
TwistedKitsune

Thankies Sanctus babe! (pssst...miss you too!)

Old 04-25-2006, 02:05 PM   #8268
Engulfed_in_darkness

Kitsune-Fox in japanese.
Old 04-25-2006, 02:30 PM   #8269
TwistedKitsune

Indeed it does...

holy crap I can't talk today...I'm losing my voice and my tongue to brain coordination is off by about a mile

Old 04-25-2006, 03:07 PM   #8270
bjork_freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina
It could be blue quartz which looks like this http://www.celestial-lights.com/Crys...uesiberian.jpg or it could be skystone which has the unusual ability to glow for a few minutes after being exposed to sunlight and it looks like this: http://ietta.mo-blog.jp/syumi/images...lue2_thumb.jpg (I hope that the picture is big enough, I couldn't find a biger one)
I don't know but I hope it's the second one; a stone that glows? That would be fucking awesome!
Old 04-25-2006, 03:14 PM   #8271
MrMaelstrom

And the clock is ticking for the single most important sporting event in the whole wide world:

The World Football Cup!!!!!

Portugal plays Angola June 11th,
Portugal plays IRAN (yes, you read it well) on the 17th (we're gonna do some fission on their sorry arses) and finally:
Portugal plays South California (Mexico) on the 21st.

Wish us luck

Link for US matches: http://fifaworldcup.**********/06/en/....html?team=usa
Old 04-25-2006, 03:15 PM   #8272
Pathogen.

My random thoughts at the moment:

I'm worried about my new online friend in New Zealand & what the neo-Nazis down there would do to her. Just had 1 class today. Have to read "Tell Me a Riddle" by Tillie Olsen for a Thursady night labour-studies class & I have to do a plot summary for it. My roommates haven't been slept at home for the past 2 nights, so I have the house to myself. So good. I quit my immigrant rights group after 10 months. After May Day, I'm definitely taking a break from activism & concentrate on finishing this semester of college. I feel so anti-social lately.
Old 04-25-2006, 03:20 PM   #8273
MrMaelstrom

Furthering your education doesn't make you anti-social, it means you're somewhat astute.

The day has 24 hours.
If you sleep for 8, it leaves you another 8 to study and yet another for whatever you might be inclined to smok...DO.
Old 04-25-2006, 03:23 PM   #8274
TwistedKitsune

Mael! *is stunned, then reads the post for content* Luck be with Portugal and all their players *does the good luck dance*

Old 04-25-2006, 03:32 PM   #8275
MrMaelstrom

Life isn't worth living without giving worth to life, huh? Bad translation to english. It's easier in pt:

a vida não é viver sem fazer valer a vida.

Portuguese: the half-dead language