Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 12-30-2004, 11:34 AM   #51
FenrisQueen

I feel safer already, knowing that the child growing in your womb will be fortunate enough to live in a home without the unsophisticated glory of the trailer-mullet.

It's good to know that America can still improve, even with Bush as President.

::gets tearful::
Truth, justice, honor...none of that's worth shit. What matters is people, and people aren't honest or just or honorable. They're petty and they're angry and they're afraid, and all anyone really wants, deep down, is to be wanted. And what's truth to that?
FenrisQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 10:56 AM   #52
WolfMoon

Wow, it's ben waaay too long since I posted anything here.

Well, right now I'm rather impatiently awaiting labor.But I'm not due for another two months.The waiting, the waiting is horrible!!

I had a bad bout of sciatica for awhile there, which my Dr. told me is normal.Thank the gods for maternity belts!!I can hardly walk a block without discomfort of some kind!

Just two more months!

You guys wouldn't believe the shit the hubby's family gave us for yet another child with an unusual name!We basically had to tell them "It's not your child!You don't get to name it!!!", after a few weeks of arguing about it.

We're thinking of changing the middle name, though.Severian.....what?Hubby no longer likes Malachai, hmph! :evil:
Still trying to decide, I hate that! I thought I was the only one that had a right to change my mind at the last minute, bein' a woman an' all.

In four more days I'll be at 30 weeks, so that's what?7.5 mos?

We're having the next ultra sound in two weeks so I will post both sets then.I just don't have a scanner at home, but I can copy them to cd at work.

Patience Grasshopper!
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 01:07 PM   #53
FenrisQueen

Quote:
You guys wouldn't believe the shit the hubby's family gave us for yet another child with an unusual name!We basically had to tell them "It's not your child!You don't get to name it!!!", after a few weeks of arguing about it.

I don't know about you, Wolfmoon, but that would tempt me to give the child an even weirder name just to see their faces.

on the rare chance I end up having children that is.

again, congrats....

ah, the circle of life
Truth, justice, honor...none of that's worth shit. What matters is people, and people aren't honest or just or honorable. They're petty and they're angry and they're afraid, and all anyone really wants, deep down, is to be wanted. And what's truth to that?
Old 02-09-2005, 01:44 PM   #54
edible_eye

wait and wait and wait. as soon as severian is born, it'll seem like it went way too fast.

it's comin' soon, mama.
Old 02-09-2005, 02:20 PM   #55
drgnlvr

Congrats, Wolfmoon! And sorry about the in-laws. Glad to hear you stood up to them (too many couples don't).

Very creative, and unique name, too. I like (not that my opinion in this case matters, but you know...)
drgnlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 03:23 PM   #56
TeapotScar

What's a maternity belt?

-Add me on myspace, because I'm pretty sure I've tried to add you! http://www.myspace.com/fermeztesyeux
TeapotScar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 03:30 PM   #57
FenrisQueen

I'm wondering the same thing...
Old 02-09-2005, 03:45 PM   #58
AlKilyu

I...I do not want to know.
AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 06:31 PM   #59
ohthefuckwell

ok.

a maternity belt.

it's a wide, usually elastic belt with velcro ends that pregnant women wear that goes under their tummies to lift it some to take the pressure off their lower backs. it works especially well for pregnant women who are on their feet a lot.

kind of like a weight-lifter's belt.....but uhhhh not.
Old 02-10-2005, 08:57 AM   #60
TeapotScar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohthefuckwell
ok.

a maternity belt.

it's a wide, usually elastic belt with velcro ends that pregnant women wear that goes under their tummies to lift it some to take the pressure off their lower backs. it works especially well for pregnant women who are on their feet a lot.

kind of like a weight-lifter's belt.....but uhhhh not.
Thank you for the information! I never knew.

-Add me on myspace, because I'm pretty sure I've tried to add you! http://www.myspace.com/fermeztesyeux
TeapotScar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 02:31 PM   #61
WolfMoon

CHECK IT OUT!!!!!

Piccies!

This is the first one @ 17 weeks.

It's a profile shot.
Old 02-25-2005, 04:20 PM   #62
ghostposts

Thank you for this. You've made my night.
ghostposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 04:34 PM   #63
WolfMoon

This is the latest ultra-sound.I'm just a bit over 32 weeks.I weigh 180 lbs. :x and I'm retaining water like crazy.

I can almost see the finish line.......*sigh*

I thought I felt a contraction when I was on my lunch break today, unfortunately I think it was just the kid shifting position.His feet are 6cm long ( :shock: )and he constantly tries to stick them under my ribs.

Sevi's head takes up the right side of the pic, his eyes are the two dark slashes.You can barely distinguish his nose and mouth below his eyes.Hope you guys can make sense of it.

Old 02-25-2005, 04:41 PM   #64
edible_eye

awesome, wolfmoon. it won't be long now.
Old 02-25-2005, 04:47 PM   #65
ghostposts

That might have been braxon hicks contractions. They are the body's way of preparing you for the delivery.

A nurse said the braxon hicks contractions are in the abdomen and start about the sixth month, or so, and mine were like that.

I feel for you. The last 2 months are the longest. Just watch that water gain, and know we are sending positive energy your way. And, tell the doctor about the water retention. You want to bring that down.

Thanks for the pics. My kids got a kick out of seeing them.
ghostposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 04:53 PM   #66
WolfMoon

I heard that braxton hicks weren't supposed to be painful though?

That's why I almost thought I was going into labor.It only lasted about 25-20 seconds and there hasn't been a repeat.I think it was just the baby shifting around though.He seems to be kicking from a different angle now?

:?
Old 02-25-2005, 05:46 PM   #67
Deadhymn

shit, if something with 3 inch feet was inside of me kicking, i'd expect it to hurt too!
Deadhymn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 05:53 PM   #68
WolfMoon

It's mnore uncomfortable when he decides to stretch.

Think of having another lifeform in your body stretching from your pelvis to beneath your ribs.

:x
Old 02-25-2005, 06:08 PM   #69
Deadhymn

Deadhymn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 12:19 AM   #70
Binkie

Wooo!! :D

Thanks for the (late, late, late, late, late...) ultra-sound pictures, Wolf! Next mission is to get us photos of the little bugger when you pop him out.
"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Binkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 12:31 AM   #71
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binkie
Wooo!!

Thanks for the (late, late, late, late, late...) ultra-sound pictures, Wolf! Next mission is to get us photos of the little bugger when you pop him out.
Personally, I want a streaming video feed in the delivery room!

But the ultrasound pics will do until then.

He is gettting soooooo big Wolfie.

It's almost over girl.

Least he hasn't dropped yet.

That was the worst for me..

Who teaches them how to do the Macarena on your bladder like that?

:?
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 05:25 PM   #72
WolfMoon

He hasn't dropped yet, but he's head-down.It's more like he's using my bladder as a punching bag.

Oh and no live streamage.Although yall could probably charge for it,lol.

The last one was 'accidentally' taped by someone's dear old grandmother.I still don't have a copy of it,but I'm not really sure I wanna see it from that angle, ya know?

But we do have our digital camera, so there should be plenty of pics after he arrives.

:wink:
Old 02-26-2005, 05:28 PM   #73
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadhymn
Um, focus, focus!!

:lol:
Old 03-09-2005, 09:16 AM   #74
WolfMoon

Five weeks to go.

I feel so heavy,I can tell this kid's packing on the pounds fast.At the last ultra-sound he was only 4.4 lbs. I can tell he's already significantly heavier. :?

It's hard to walk anywhere, and forget having to take huge steps up!I can barely lift my leg to pass the baby gate we have barring the kitchen.

I'm cramming like mad to learn everything I'll have to know for the damned PTCE.I've been studying, but somedays it just doesn't stick in my head.I just hope Sevi waits til after I take the test to come into the world.I know I probably won't make it til April 14, I've got a feeling anyway.I knew I was going to be early last time too.

I just keep thinking,' Jeez,two kids and I want to start college in the fall.Am I ready fir this kind of stress?'It doesn't seem so overwhelming if I look at it one day at a time though.

8)
Old 03-10-2005, 01:46 AM   #75
skoteinh

Wow! WolfMoon, you are amazing!

You have so many plans for yourself, I am sure you're going to pull everything through. You are a strong woman, and I bet you make everyone in your family very proud.

I admire you!