Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 04-23-2009, 03:48 PM   #551
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apathy's_Child View Post
Ophie likes Britney Spears and Kate Perry and slates Bob Dylan. When others are mocked for liking something that's on a similar level artistically she springs into rare action for a moment of altruistic solidarity. I've never understood why, but that's the way it's always been.

Maybe somewhere underground is a team of government scientists builiding vicious robots to use as footsoldiers, and the safety word to prevent them from killing in-the-know allied forces is "I love MCR!!", because the scientists remember getting the shit kicked out of them by jocks back when they were nerdsy kids, and it amuses them to think of hard-ass troops (whom they psychologically identify with their bullies of yesteryear) screaming this in panicky high-pitched voices while pissing their pants. It's the only plausible explanation.
I'm so sick of getting shit for liking pop music.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 03:56 PM   #552
korinna5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia View Post
I'm arrogant, self-righteous, often righteous, callous, and unsympathetic
Dictionary.com: Mean - offensive, selfish, or unaccommodating; nasty; malicious.

'Nuff said.

On another note, I'm home alone for the next few days.. I'm already enjoying the peace and quiet. ^_^

Last edited by korinna5555; 04-23-2009 at 03:58 PM. Reason: avoidance of double-post
korinna5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 05:16 PM   #553
Man In Room 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by korinna5555 View Post
On another note, I'm home alone for the next few days.. I'm already enjoying the peace and quiet. ^_^
Be careful. We all know what girls do when they're at home alone. Just remember, ceiling cat is watching you.
Man In Room 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 07:14 PM   #554
ZyklonB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia View Post
I'm so sick of getting shit for liking pop music.
I like ABBA and some Lady Gaga songs.

There's also This

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbnFAwS89D8
ZyklonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 07:16 PM   #555
RozzVanian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZyklonB View Post
I like ABBA and some Lady Gaga songs.

There's also This

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbnFAwS89D8
I love 80s pop music, it's some of my favorite stuff aside from goth and punk.
New Wave is one of my favorite genres. Don't feel bad.

For a while my favorite song was "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun". LOL, I know!
RozzVanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 07:53 PM   #556
korinna5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man In Room 5 View Post
Be careful. We all know what girls do when they're at home alone. Just remember, ceiling cat is watching you.
BAHAHAHAHA. Should I ask ceiling cat to videotape? XD
Old 04-23-2009, 08:10 PM   #557
RozzVanian

Quote:
Originally Posted by korinna5555 View Post
BAHAHAHAHA. Should I ask ceiling cat to videotape? XD
Ooh...that's naughty! ;]
Who's that walking in the streets?
-Christian Death
Old 04-23-2009, 08:11 PM   #558
Duane

Pop is cool... especially The Never Ending Story song.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 08:12 PM   #559
the-nihilist

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh C'thulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
the-nihilist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 08:13 PM   #560
RozzVanian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane View Post
Pop is cool... especially The Never Ending Story song.
That's Limahl, lead singer of the band Kajagoogoo, who is most known for their song "Too Shy", which is one of my favorite new wave tracks.

Neverending Story is great fun, though.
Who's that walking in the streets?
-Christian Death
Old 04-23-2009, 08:20 PM   #561
Duane

I'm doing a rock version of that song.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:24 PM   #562
MollyMac

If I had any expectations greater than the ones I hold for NTSA, I'd be disappointed. This is about right.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:25 PM   #563
Mir

I like pop music. Fling some shit my way, motherfuckers. ha.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 08:26 PM   #564
korinna5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by RozzVanian View Post
Ooh...that's naughty! ;]
Ooooh baby! XD
Old 04-23-2009, 08:27 PM   #565
Vigormortis

I stepped in a pothole whilst out for my morning jog today and twisted my ankle. It's all swollen now. Fuck.
Vigormortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 09:21 PM   #566
the-nihilist

Yeah, I hate it when that happens. Now you have to limp or endure lots of pain trying to walk normally while at work. At least that was the case for me.
the-nihilist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:13 PM   #567
LaBelleDameSansMerci

There was a centipede in my pants this morning. It bit my lower back, over where one's kidneys are. : ( One of these fuckers:

They're not even bad, for the most part. They just freak the hell out of me when they move... *shudders* I vacuumed it. Squishing them is awful because they are VERY messy.
|-----------------------------------| They are up to about that long, not including legs.
*shudder* I'm paranoid about every tickle now, and hope they don't crawl on me in my sleep...
Like a tea-tray in the sky.

LaBelleDameSansMerci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:24 PM   #568
Duane

Ugh... that's terrible.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:34 AM   #569
LaBelleDameSansMerci

It was. It's the metaphorical assassination of Franz Ferdinand to my bad week. The powder keg that set off the build-up of bad events. The explosion that is allowing me to deal with it all.
Like a tea-tray in the sky.

LaBelleDameSansMerci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 06:59 AM   #570
Pyre

Ophelia, NOT mean? Need I remind you of the video online where you outright make fun of members of Gnet? That wouldn't be considered a bitch move, that would be simply mean. I, for one, do not consider myself at all a mean person, and I do not act in such ways. When I mock people for their music, I only do so because they usually attribute such bands to being goth, such as HIM. I also enjoy very nongoth music, and I have on multiple occasions recently admitted my love of Michael Jackson. There was a time I really enjoyed Britney Spears, and though I haven't listened to her since I was in middle school I have heard bits of her stuff that were intriguing to me (Toxicity I think it was).

And no, I do not stereotype myself. Everything I mentioned in the Stereotype Thread was of fear of being stereotyped by others, but not things I am necessarily stereotyped by. I am actually very nonstereotypical since I have a wide variety of interests, and my clothes are far from being stereotypical of any subculture I identify with (the closest being that most of it is black, which is popular for many subcultures and nonsubcultures alike). I even mentioned in one of my posts that most of my friends do not even realize I am goth, and the ones that do only recognize that I am because I have expressed my love of goth music to them at one point (or they are goth themselves and recognize me as such).

P.S. I hope this post gets my point across. . . I can't honestly tell because I am so out of it and feeling like I am in a haze. It's not purple.

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Pyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 07:10 AM   #571
honeythorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelleDameSansMerci View Post
There was a centipede in my pants this morning. It bit my lower back, over where one's kidneys are. : ( One of these fuckers:

PICTURE REMOVED FOR BEING FUCKING HORRIBLE

They're not even bad, for the most part. They just freak the hell out of me when they move... *shudders* I vacuumed it. Squishing them is awful because they are VERY messy.
|-----------------------------------| They are up to about that long, not including legs.
*shudder* I'm paranoid about every tickle now, and hope they don't crawl on me in my sleep...

I HATE YOU FOR POSTING THAT BASTARD PICTURE!

>.< If there is one insect on earth that is garaunteed to make me squeal like a little girl , flail/flap and run away/cimb on a chair/jig about in horror, it's FUCKING CENTIPEDES!

I'm crossing my legs into strangulative contortions just reading the post....IT WAS IN YOUR KNICKERS?????? and it bit you?? What the crusty fucking hell?

Oh gods I've gone all goosebumpy and wibblish >.< I seriously cannot abide the bastard things.

What if it DOES crawl on you in the night??? What if it traverses you face and skitters into your ears??? Get earplugs asap. And goggles. and ...actually get one of those bike masks cyclists use to keep the dust out , plus earplugs, and a swimming cap so it doesn't nest in your hair, and googles to stop them walking on your eyes. And zip yourself into a bag...... fuck me I won't sleep properly tonight now...
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 08:24 AM   #572
Pyre

I somewhat agree with Honeythorn. Centipedes and millipedes terrify the shit right out of me. I am horrified by few bugs I have come across, but among them are:
Spiders
Roaches (especially cockroaches)
Centi/millipedes

When barefoot anywhere I no longer let my feet touch the ground because one unfateful night while at my computer I felt something brush against the top of my foot: usually I freak out only to discover it was a hair that was blown by the fan that landed on my foot, but this time I calmly pushed my way (rolling chair) from the desk and saw a goddamned centipede crawling across my foot. Fuck that shit, I don't leave my bare feet exposed on the floor anymore, ESPECIALLY after seeing multiple wolf spiders crawling and running around in the room (which, by the way, are large!). Fortunately dorms don't have much of a bug problem, but the apartment I am moving into next year is notorious for its roaches, so I am going to have to poison the hell out of the place.

Fuck bugs.

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Old 04-24-2009, 08:32 AM   #573
Saya

When I lived in a dorm we had a silverfish investation. Nasty shit.

And yeah, centipedes and earwigs and millipedes are very gross. I'm afraid of pretty much every bug there is, but those are the three that make me cry the most.

Spiders I'm more okay with than others, I won't go near them but they don't gross me out. Unless they're huge, then I'm afraid they'll eat me.

This is why no one can take the Bible literally without hating Noah, he should have fucking killed those bugs.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 09:15 AM   #574
Pyre

Spiders absolutely terrify me. I am totally fine with scorpions, but I abhor spiders. I would probably prefer spiders over roaches, though, because roaches typically infest and mess with food whereas spiders are lonesome and don't give a damn about my bread. As long as I don't see it, then I don't mind that it's there. But as soon as I am aware of its existence I start squealing like a little girl and yelling for someone to rescue me. Even if it's minuscule.

Old 04-24-2009, 09:47 AM   #575
honeythorn

I love spiders, I have a house spider in a little tank on the windowsill. He has a damaged leg where mother threw a slipper at him. So I keep him in his little tank with lots of moss and rocks and bits of wood. And I feed him little earthworms and bugs. He's rather spoiled and comes out from under his wood when I take the lid off to see what I have for him ^_^.

Weirdly, as much as I detest centipedes, millipedes do not bother me. I could hold one of those giant black millipedes no problem.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote