Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 10-09-2009, 12:30 PM   #26
Pineapple_Juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by creature6 View Post
i don't think it takes a conflict to know all the facet of your partner.
i don't believe that it apply to any relationship as if i speak for myself i never had any conflict with the person i'm with and i don't need to get into a conflict to discover him and know all his facets.
i do know him on every level .

As for your example ,i thought you could have choose a better one.
a room mate is not a good example.
It's really quite conceited of you to assume you know absolutely everything about your partner. That's like when parents say they know everything about their child. They don't, and neither do you. Don't delude yourself into thinking otherwise.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:35 PM   #27
creature6

who the hell are you to tell me how i should think.
i meet my soul mate,what the fuck is wrong with that.
Of course as i spend more time with him i learn more about him.

i do know him and thank you for suggesting that i delude myself by believing so but it's not the truth.
It only remain your opinion.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:52 PM   #28
Mir

I guess you must be special. Us lesser mortals must be doing something wrong.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 12:57 PM   #29
creature6

i'm not special.i must add nice sarcasm by the way.
there is not a right way or a wrong way when it comes to it .
i just have a different opinion.
Old 10-09-2009, 03:26 PM   #30
I_Zik

No one person can truly ever know anyone else. Especially themselves.
I_Zik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 03:37 PM   #31
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
I am a proponent of living together first before getting married. My wife and I lived together for a year and found out we were compatible, so we went for it and are still married 25 years later. When my daughter wanted to marry years ago I urged her against it and now she is glad she only cohabited as her marriage candidate ended up sinking into the depths of alcohol and substance abuse and is now homeless. Before I met my wife I lived with another girl for a few years and was glad I didn't marry her as she became a crack addict and is now in jail. Living together first gives you a simple way out if it goes bad.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 06:27 PM   #32
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Of course as i spend more time with him i learn more about him.
All the testy attitudes around here ignored; that statement proves you don't know everything about him yet. So you refute your own argument.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 10:45 PM   #33
Solumina

Quote:
i meet my soul mate,what the fuck is wrong with that.
No one is refuting that, I have no problem with someone meeting their soul mate, after all I have met mine it would be silly for me to think that I am the only person who has done that. What we are refuting is you saying that you know everything that there is to know about him, you yourself have even contradicted that.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 02:31 AM   #34
skoteinh

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain View Post
I am a proponent of living together first before getting married. My wife and I lived together for a year and found out we were compatible, so we went for it and are still married 25 years later. When my daughter wanted to marry years ago I urged her against it and now she is glad she only cohabited as her marriage candidate ended up sinking into the depths of alcohol and substance abuse and is now homeless. Before I met my wife I lived with another girl for a few years and was glad I didn't marry her as she became a crack addict and is now in jail. Living together first gives you a simple way out if it goes bad.
I couldn't agree more. I was with a guy for 3,5 years, he proposed, and I said the big 'yes'.

We moved in together and started preparing for the wedding, and in 3 months of living together I realised that is not the person I want to live the rest of my life with! And I thought I knew him quite well...

So we called off the wedding. It was the wisest thing to do, and I don't regret it.
Old 10-10-2009, 03:13 AM   #35
Cicero

My boyfriend and I started living together within about a month of getting together. It was never made a big deal of and happened organically over the space of a few weeks as he spent less and less time at home, and after nearly two years things are still pretty much awesome with no major conflicts. But marriage has never been considered an option outside of jest. We'd rather save that special piece of paper for someone who can offer us an EU passport...

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 03:39 AM   #36
Pineapple_Juice

Am I the only one who thinks soul mates don't exist? It seems to me to be the kind of wishy washy nonsense associated with souls and feeling something in your "heart".

I mean think about it this way. Say, for example, that you are a heterosexual female. There are about six billion people in the world. A percentage of them are heterosexual females, a portion of them are homosexual males, and a portion of them are too young to be considered. That still leaves several billion people to choose from, all over the world.
You ever notice that dating usually occurs with the people that are close to you, distance-wise? Usually the only thing that matters is a matching sexual preference and a close distance, ideally speaking a language you understand.

I think soul mates are just people that happen to be near you that you like enough to live with forever. The likelihood that there is another person out there that would suit you just the same as the person you're with now, or even better, is too great to wave a hand at. Besides, what about people who marry twice after their first spouse dies off? Does that mean they have two soul mates? Does that mean that the first one wasn't a soul mate at all given the second choice and more careful consideration?

The idea of soul mates is flat out turdtastic and unrealistic.
Old 10-10-2009, 04:12 AM   #37
Cicero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapple_Juice View Post
Am I the only one who thinks soul mates don't exist?
Not at all. In fact I was under the impression that idea was pretty universally viewed as bullshit.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 06:29 AM   #38
Solumina

Personally I think of a soul mate as someone who is someone that you connect to on a physical, intellectual, and emotional level, not necessarily your "one and only" but someone that you are deeply compatible with and could happily spend your life with.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 09:57 AM   #39
creature6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger View Post
All the testy attitudes around here ignored; that statement proves you don't know everything about him yet. So you refute your own argument.

maybe i didn't express myself properly in the first place.
What i mean is that i do know a lot about him and have yet to learn more about him as time goes by.
Old 10-10-2009, 01:35 PM   #40
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
maybe i didn't express myself properly in the first place.
What i mean is that i do know a lot about him and have yet to learn more about him as time goes by.
Sounds a lot like what I thought Solumina was saying.

I do not believe there is such a thing as Soul Mates, but my best friend who is the love of my life does, so I keep my opinion to myself.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote