Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

View Poll Results: ...
.. 0 0%
... 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 10:25 AM   #1576
Manimal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TStone
I’ll direct this to manimal, since he’s the kind of man I like to think of myself as aspiring to. If you are one of the valued few on the inside, and know the inner workings of how dinner gets on his table, or even a vague assumption like me, then you can piecemeal that he done did say, and come away from the table satiated, even thoroughly well dinned. Even after he’s been whipped ala Passion O the Cripes, spat upon shat upon, he still makes with the branch of olive hue, two turtle doves, whilst knitting the friendly BFF bracelet.

OK, I’m exaggerating, but not about the respectability of his actions. That, mein friends, is pure and unadulterated beauty of the highest quality. He’s got my vote, even if he can’t walk on water; the drippings from his nozzle are like droplets of wine.

Wine I say!!!
TStone - I love ya man. Thank you for the amazingly kind words. I admit I had to ask for help with the translation (EPS speaks TStone as a second language). I promise to start harrassing you on a regular basis again soon. You, as well, are a great man and provider for your family and don't ever give yourself enough credit.
Old 01-05-2006, 04:35 PM   #1577
mortalitas incomitatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by urian
oh, mortalitas, we have been together for 10 years now. Well, in truth , we were separated for 3 years but we got our heads on straight, put our pride aside and we've been doing wonderfully since.

oh, i love g.net romances'
i'm just a big softy on the inside.......

where is my g.net romance....i want one!
*stamps foot and pouts.

*another eliter*
Old 01-05-2006, 08:25 PM   #1578
FenrisQueen

If I knew you better Mortalitas, I would offer my assistance in such a matter.

Onto my...not really a rant, but here goes.
My friends Dave and Jack are the coolest, most open people I know. Their parents are the best. I found out that Tish, their mom had a heart attack the night before yesterday. Fuck. Fuckity fucking FUCK. This lady, is the kindest, sweetest lady ever. I remember the first time I met her at their house, and she just hugged me and told me she remembered me, because she had gone to pick up Jack and Dave, in a black velvet dress, hi-lace boots, and lots of jewelry, and I was the only kid that smiled at her. (I thought she looked awesome.) She always makes me feel welcome, and she's just got this vibe of energy, ya know?
And now she's in a coma.
I don't cry a lot. I haven't really felt strongly enough about anything since Adam died. But tonight I can't stop, because we went to the hospital and she just looked so fragile and pale. And her husband doesn't deserve to go through this. Neither do Jack and Dave. So I made cookies and brownies, and I acted like the concerned friend, a pillar of support for my friends.
While I was breaking inside.
I can't do this again. I can't go through losing someone else. And now I know if she dies I'll just go through the same spiral of depression that happened when Adam died, and I don't want to be like that again.
I hate this.
Truth, justice, honor...none of that's worth shit. What matters is people, and people aren't honest or just or honorable. They're petty and they're angry and they're afraid, and all anyone really wants, deep down, is to be wanted. And what's truth to that?
Old 01-05-2006, 08:28 PM   #1579
Rhapsody

I’ve not seen the inside of a classroom in 13 years. At this point I’m college-bound and there are exams to be taken before I can sign up for classes. I just took the online sample tests and the reading/writing/ comprehension was a breeze.

However – Algebra?

Brain hurty.
Old 01-05-2006, 08:34 PM   #1580
mortalitas incomitatus

fenris if i knew you better i would be able to offer more assistance.
all i can say is that you are not alone in this there are always people to talk to. just remember there is still a glimmer of hope for your friends mother and if the worst does happen then just think that it was her time and she is somewhere nicer than this place.
i have outlived too many people close to me and it has taken many years to deal with the grief and guilt i feel and that does not necassarily go away but you do come to terms with it and realise it is better to celebrate them rather to mourn.

but do remember you have friends here and even stangers (like me!) that are here to lend a shoulder and a hug.
IM or PM if you need/want

xXx
B.B.

edit: sorry bout the spelling.

*another eliter*
Old 01-05-2006, 10:59 PM   #1581
mortalitas incomitatus

i miss demonista!

*mortalitas storms off, slams the door, stamps her foot and sulks!

*another eliter*
Old 01-06-2006, 01:22 PM   #1582
Black Widow

Location: Behind you, possibly making sweet love to random pieces of furniture while singing Dragostea Din Tei
Here's my rant.

Fucking President Bush. He's always giving money to the rich fucks like Paris Hilton and shit, and supports building sweatshops overseas, instead of letting us get more jobs like we truly deserve. In just five years, he's turned Bill Clinton's surplus into a world record deficit that we may never recover from. He cheated to win the 2000 election. If he actually did something other than sitting on his ass, 9/11 never would've happened, and Hurricane Katrina/Rita wouldn't have been as devastating. Bush just wants money. He doesn't give a fuck about America, or the economy, or how many of our soldiers must spill their blood to satiate his greed. All Bush gives a fuck about is himself, and his money. That fuckin' redneck piece of shit. Blood is being exchanged for oil, which is exchanged for money, which goes in the pockets of Bush and his friends.
Old 01-06-2006, 09:24 PM   #1583
joyslayer

Oi, Bush is going to be out of office eventually. Until then we just have to wait and plot his downfall.

Hear no evil
Speak no evil
See no evil
Old 01-06-2006, 10:20 PM   #1584
AlKilyu

Tomorrow I am going to my cousin's funeral, and I still have a bronchial infection that requires me to take 60mg of Prednazone and uh...a lot of the Amoxicillian. I am in no way complaining I just hope I can suppress my hacking and wheezing during the right moments, because nothing sucks as bad as someone's final rememberences tainted by coughing and crying children.
And again whomever I see tomorrow, whoever I haven't seen in awhile, I will see again soon at either another mutual relative's memorial or their own.
And these dumb medicines prevent me from sleeping, the inhailer seems to anyway, so lack of rest plays another part in why tomorrow will be a dreary rainy day.

Anyone else have the same side effects to these drugs? And if so, do you have a cure for sleeplessness besides liquor?
Old 01-06-2006, 10:58 PM   #1585
joyslayer

I would suggest a good "time" long and hard, spent with a partner. That seriously does the trick. Liquor only works for a few hours, then it keeps you up. I wouldn't try sleeping pills until you HAVE to. Another sleeping trick, is read until you are tired, then drink hot water, or tea, but decaffinated. I have severe insomnia, so If theese don't work, I am chock full of various sleeping rituals. Ranging from eat/drinking, to dancing.

Hear no evil
Speak no evil
See no evil
Old 01-07-2006, 12:27 AM   #1586
AlKilyu

Thank you joy for your tips and whatnot, even though the best of the list is not an option at this time. >_<

Sorry to hear you suffer with this on a full time basis. It definitely isn't fun. I can't even imagine having that UNLESS cure #1 is handy...
Old 01-07-2006, 11:31 AM   #1587
joyslayer

It really sucks, takes on average about 4-5 hours just to start dozing. And thats on a good day. But I don't want to start sleeping pills, after my last drug addiction, taking advil creeps me out. >.<

Hear no evil
Speak no evil
See no evil
Old 01-07-2006, 12:34 PM   #1588
Needled

I usually get around 5-6 hours of sleep and I am always falling asleep in class. I get so tired that I can't help it.. my eyelids refuse to stay up.. I have really bad undereye circles too. I look like I have a severe case of drug addiction. When I get 8 or 9 hours of sleep it makes me even MORE tired throughout the day. The more I sleep, the more tired I am..

I love Advil. I get headaches everyday because I don't wear glasses, so I'm constantly straining my eyes. Instead of taking it everyday once I start to feel a headache, I just take some about twice a day.. That way I don't have them creep up on me. I know it's probably not a great idea, but I don't know what else to do.
Old 01-07-2006, 01:37 PM   #1589
Tall One In Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needled
I love Advil. I get headaches everyday because I don't wear glasses, so I'm constantly straining my eyes. Instead of taking it everyday once I start to feel a headache, I just take some about twice a day.. That way I don't have them creep up on me. I know it's probably not a great idea, but I don't know what else to do.
Um... wear glasses?
Old 01-07-2006, 01:40 PM   #1590
MrMaelstrom

Er... or contacts?

I would not advocate amputation when addressing headaches, but if it comes to that...
Old 01-07-2006, 05:47 PM   #1591
MrMaelstrom

Don't you guys hate it when you just spent a good portion of your time writing a post and then the fucking thing just doesn't upload for some reason, and you didn't save it?
Old 01-07-2006, 05:53 PM   #1592
xXambivalenceXx

This dream I had last night... it was... so real... Anyway, the dream was this:

I was walking to my car when three men walked up and started sweet talking me. After I rejected them, they bombarded me and I was shoved into the backseat of my car, where they tried to **** me. After a few minutes of kicking and screaming, two had backed off, but one persisted. I found my mini umbrella and continuously beat them over the head until he passed out. Upon finding a gun on him, I waited for him to wake. With the gun to his side I pulled him inside to find my friends or brother, trying to tell them what had happened, and no one believed me; instead accusing me of attack him with a gun.

My rant is... I want to know what this dream is about, but all I look up is about fears of losing control... it has to be more too it... This dream has really gotten under my skin >.<
Old 01-07-2006, 06:46 PM   #1593
joyslayer

Well, after carefully analyzing your dream ambi, I think I have a conclusion. I believe you are sub-consiously terrified of losing the people whom are close to you and that you trust. It seems that one of your worst fears is to be left alone with people whome once trusted you, but no longer do. Also, I suggest carrying a mini umbrella around with you for a while....

Hear no evil
Speak no evil
See no evil
Old 01-07-2006, 08:49 PM   #1594
xXambivalenceXx

Yeah... I went to walmart with Eric and Dj, my favorite homos, and saw a guy who resembled one of the guys from my dream, and his eyes were glued to my chest. Then I saw a car similar to that in my dream. After sending Dj to look; an umbrella in the back seat. It was in a secluded area. I stayed attached to Eric and left immediately.

My conclusion: I'm going to start taking meds to help me forget my dreams. (Not seriously, but you get my point.)
Old 01-07-2006, 09:28 PM   #1595
Needled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall One In Black
Um... wear glasses?
I wish I had a good reason not to wear my glasses, but unfortunately I do not. It's just that they're so fucking ugly.. they're the medicaid glasses. Huge, gold rims.. Need I say more? I know how vain that is, but they are not in the least flattering and I'm trying to keep the last ounce of self esteem/confidence I have. As far as contacts, my parents can't afford those, hence the medicaid glasses I mentioned.
Old 01-07-2006, 09:50 PM   #1596
xXambivalenceXx

Well, then go blind and have constant headaches if you're more concerned with appearance than health.
Old 01-07-2006, 10:43 PM   #1597
Tall One In Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXambivalenceXx
Well, then go blind and have constant headaches if you're more concerned with appearance than health.
Indeed! The added bonus is that you will no longer be able to see how ugly your glasses are. Assuming the liver damage doesn't get you first.

I have NEVER understood why people who need glasses and have glasses don't wear their glasses. In my opinion, that is stupid. They say things like, Can you tell me what that sign says? I don't have my glasses on. And I think, Um... NO. If you want to read the sign, put on your damn glasses. I'm not your freaking seeing-eye dog. You've been handed the key to good vision, and you shun it because of vanity? Get over yourself.
Old 01-07-2006, 11:10 PM   #1598
FenrisQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenrisQueen

Onto my...not really a rant, but here goes.
My friends Dave and Jack are the coolest, most open people I know. Their parents are the best. I found out that Tish, their mom had a heart attack the night before yesterday. Fuck. Fuckity fucking FUCK. This lady, is the kindest, sweetest lady ever. I remember the first time I met her at their house, and she just hugged me and told me she remembered me, because she had gone to pick up Jack and Dave, in a black velvet dress, hi-lace boots, and lots of jewelry, and I was the only kid that smiled at her. (I thought she looked awesome.) She always makes me feel welcome, and she's just got this vibe of energy, ya know?
And now she's in a coma.
I don't cry a lot. I haven't really felt strongly enough about anything since Adam died. But tonight I can't stop, because we went to the hospital and she just looked so fragile and pale.
So friday night me and my friend AJ got to the hospital as quick as we could, because Jack called and the situation wasn't good. Tish's brain had swollen and they pronounced her brain-dead. We run to the ICU hallway, where twenty of our friends are waiting for news. And we find out that nothing short of a miracle would save Tish. So we start praying. Then we go in to see her, and it sinks in that this amazing, beautiful woman is never going to wake up.
Tish is our group's mother. She refered to us as her adopted children. We love her like we love each other, and we are a tight knit group.
And they decided to take her off life support. And when they did she died this morning. I remember the look on everyone's faces when we received the call at Marcus's house.
The funeral is Monday. I don't know if I can honestly handle this, so I already threw out my stash of alcohol (which was a sizeable collection) because right now I feel like drinking. And I know if I start I won't be able to stop. I've already raided my emergency cigarette stash and smoked them all.
I just can't deal with anything else right now.
Truth, justice, honor...none of that's worth shit. What matters is people, and people aren't honest or just or honorable. They're petty and they're angry and they're afraid, and all anyone really wants, deep down, is to be wanted. And what's truth to that?
Old 01-07-2006, 11:27 PM   #1599
ohthefuckwell

fenris.... i am so sorry. i really don't know what else to say other than that. please take care.

*hugs*
Old 01-07-2006, 11:38 PM   #1600
AlKilyu

I am sorry Fenris.

And you are right is absolutely isn't fair. To see someone laying there, appearing to be just sleeping, they should be able to just wake up and all with be right with the world. They are breathing, they aren't awake and yet it's too soon to officially say otherwise, it is that hellish limbo you and I have to go through, luckily they are peacefully asleep. And when they awaken, they will be someplace far better than we can ever give them, and they will be that happy always.

But for those of us still here, it's not that easy.

I know Fenris, and I am sorry.
Closed Thread