Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 07-21-2009, 07:06 AM   #1
Mike Rose

Greetings everyone

Greetings to everyone.

Allow me to introduce myself, I am new to places like this, but I hope i'll be alright, I first was introduced to goth when I was around 20 years old, by a friend who asked me if I was goth, hence my black clothing, by that time I didn't do much else about it until I was around 24, where I got used to wear all black (Hence my style in my profile) and black has always been a color I seem to be addicted to.
But it was first until around a half year ago I started to wonder what culture was mine, I used to think I just was my own type, but as I got into goth (Via goth.net) and read about it, I kinda realized that it really was a huge part of my, read about the bands, fashion og personality.
Right now my list of goth(ic) bands and related include: Sisters of Mercy, Fields of the Nephilim, Siouxsie and the Banshees, All About Eve, Emilie Autumn, Inkubus Sukkubus, London After Midnight, The 69 Eyes and Lacrimosa.
Beside that I like a few gothic metal bands like Nightwish and related bands.
The art which I like is a little more commecial like Victoria Francés and Luis Royo.
By poetry I just use to write my own, and gladly write for others by givin a few key words and songs.
If you follow the guidance on "www.blackwaterfall.com" I would be a mixture of Hippy/Romantic/Victorian/Geek -Goth and metal head.

I have always believed in being true to myself, and by goth I feel I found my own true self and I will stick to that, and fight for what you believe in.

Kind Regards Mike Rose.
Mike Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 08:15 AM   #2
DemiGoth

You're lucky you got into it when you're that age so you can actually afford goth clothes, lol.

Since I'm still young and not old enough to get a job I can't afford much apparel...

and your taste in music is beast, probably the most gothic taste in music I've heard from anyone. You should listen to Misfits, you might like them.
DemiGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 05:26 AM   #3
Mike Rose

Thank you for the tip.

Thank you for compliment, and I'll look misfits up, so thanks for your tip.
If you want an idea for what you may can do about your style at an young age, then perhaps you can buy some second hand-clothing from cherity stores, in most cases its really cheap, and is really great to start out with.
If second hand-clothing isn't feeling right for you, then perhaps you can buy some fabric and have it sewn into something you like, the best about this is that only imagination pulls the limited which is really great.
So I hope that can help you.

Kind Regards Mike Rose
Old 07-27-2009, 07:58 AM   #4
Lord Whiskerton

Good day my good sir! Welcome to the Gothic.net forums. I also am fond of Nightwish.
Lord Whiskerton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 02:20 AM   #5
Mike Rose

Why thank you my lord.
I have a message from a certain knight Sabbath, he is fine one, always dressed in a black with a white shirt underneath and white gloves, he is a knight because he is protecting the local area from other intruders into the area, henceforth he has become a knight, I guess he urgently wishes to speak with thou at times as he sometimes lies down on the keyboard in order to do so, and being the gentleman he is, he is kind to ladies.