Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Shill
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Shill Post your website announcements here. Anything that is blatantly SPAM (nigerian schemes, make money fast, etc) will be deleted. Actually, we'd probably keep the nigerian schemes around to make fun of it.

Old 11-16-2011, 01:06 AM   #1
pothead

Will Jesus be the future king of Israel, or will David?

The point of this article is to answer the question is Jesus the future king of Israel, or is David the future king of Israel?

Now lets start with, (Luke 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David (luke 1:33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.)

Now here in Luke it seems like Luke is saying that Jesus will be king of Israel, but if you look in (Ezekiel 37:22 And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all (Ezekiel 37:24 And David my servant [shall be] king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them.)

Now there seems to be a condradiction here, but if you read Luke 1:23, it doesn't say that Jesus will be king of Israel, although it does say Jesus will reign over the house of Jcaobb which is Israel. So for the scripture not to contradict itself. So Jesus if he can't reign as King of Israel must be reigning as Lord, and shepherd over Israel, and not as the king of Israel, because there is only going to be one king of Israel forever, and Ezekiel says that it is going to be David, and that's a promise to David. Although Jesus is going to reign as king from Israel, but he is going to be king over the whole world as described in Isaiah 9:6, in Revelation 20:4, and in Revelation 20:6. Talking about Christ reign for a thousand years. Since you know that Jesus is king of kings, and Lord or Lords, and that we will reign with Christ, those of us that are saved as kings, and priest as described in Revelation 1:6, and Revelation 5:10. Also if you know that those christians who overcome are going to sit in Jesus's throne with him as described in (Revelation 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.) So then you know by that verse you can see that the throne is shared, and the throne may not be an actual seat, throne may also mean a place of authority, because how is it possible for every overcomer to sit in the same seat as Jesus? The throne that is being talked about here very well could be the throne of David, because Davids throne is Jesus's throne. So David is going to be a king of Israel under Jesus the king of kings forever, and I supose that the authority of ruleing Israel is shared, Although the bible doesn't say that Christians will rule Israel, we will rule with christ from Israel though. So Jesus is going to have shared authority as Lord over Israel, and also shepherd of Israel, and King of Kings from Israel with David being the only king of Israel. Also Jesus is the son of david that was promissed to reign on Davids throne as described in (Jeremiah 33:21 [Then] may also my covenant be broken with David my servant, that he should not have a son to reign upon his throne; and with the Levites the priests, my ministers.) Also Jesus will rule as a priest on Davids throne as described in "(Zechariah 6:13 "Even he shall build the temple of the LORD; and he shall bear the glory, and shall sit and rule upon his throne; and he shall be a priest upon his throne: and the counsel of peace shall be between them both.)" Jesus is a priest from the kingly tribe of Judah.

So what we have learned here is that Davids throne is a shared throne, and that the throne may not mean an actual seat,but it could mean a place of authority in Israel, but there will only be one king of Israel on Davids throne, and that is David.

We have also learned that Jesus since he can't reign as king of Israel on Davids throne, he must be reigning as Lord of Israel on Davids throne, and as king of the world, priest, and shepherd on Davids throne. An finnaly we have learned the we christians who overcome will rule, and reign with christ for a thousand years, as kings, and priest, and that we may also rule as kings in Davids, or Jesus's throne.
pothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 01:09 AM   #2
Timeless Rebellion

Seeing as they are both dead, neither will be king as the law does not allow a dead man to rule a country.
Forget me not, and keep my memory.
Timeless Rebellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 01:11 AM   #3
pothead

The point of this article is to answer the question is Jesus the future king of Israel, or is David the future king of Israel?

Now lets start with, (Luke 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David (Luke 1:33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.)
Now here in Luke it seems like Luke is saying that Jesus will be king of Israel, but if you look in (Ezekiel 37:22 And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all (Ezekiel 37:24 And David my servant [shall be] king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them.)
Now there seems to be a contradiction here, but if you read Luke 1:23, it doesn't say that Jesus will be king of Israel, although it does say Jesus will reign over the house of Jacob which is Israel. So for the scripture not to contradict itself. So Jesus if he can't reign as King of Israel must be reigning as Lord, and shepherd over Israel, and not as the king of Israel, because there is only going to be one king of Israel forever, and Ezekiel says that it is going to be David, and that's a promise to David. Although Jesus is going to reign as king from Israel, but he is going to be king over the whole world as described in Isaiah 9:6, in Revelation 20:4, and in Revelation 20:6. Talking about Christ reign for a thousand years. Since you know that Jesus is king of kings, and Lord or Lords, and that we will reign with Christ, those of us that are saved as kings, and priest as described in Revelation 1:6, and Revelation 5:10. Also if you know that those Christians who overcome are going to sit in J throne with him as described in (Revelation 3:21 To him that overcomes will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.) So then you know by that verse you can see that the throne is shared, and the throne may not be an actual seat, throne may also mean a place of authority, because how is it possible for every over comer to sit in the same seat as Jesus? The throne that is being talked about here very well could be the throne of David, because Davids throne is Jesus's throne. So David is going to be a king of Israel under Jesus the king of kings forever, and I suppose that the authority of ruling Israel is shared, Although the bible doesn't say that Christians will rule Israel, we will rule with Christ from Israel though. So Jesus is going to have shared authority as Lord over Israel, and also shepherd of Israel, and King of Kings from Israel with David being the only king of Israel. Also Jesus is the son of David that was promised to reign on Davids throne as described in (Jeremiah 33:21 [Then] may also my covenant be broken with David my servant, that he should not have a son to reign upon his throne; and with the Levites the priests, my ministers.) Also Jesus will rule as a priest on Davids throne as described in "(Zechariah 6:13 "Even he shall build the temple of the LORD; and he shall bear the glory, and shall sit and rule upon his throne; and he shall be a priest upon his throne: and the counsel of peace shall be between them both.)" Jesus is a priest from the kingly tribe of Judah.
So what we have learned here is that Davids throne is a shared throne, and that the throne may not mean an actual seat,but it could mean a place of authority in Israel, but there will only be one king of Israel on Davids throne, and that is David.
We have also learned that Jesus since he can't reign as king of Israel on Davids throne, he must be reigning as Lord of Israel on Davids throne, and as king of the world, priest, and shepherd on Davids throne. An finally we have learned the we Christians who overcome will rule, and reign with Christ for a thousand years, as kings, and priest, and that we may also rule as kings in Davids, or Jesus's throne.
Old 11-16-2011, 01:37 AM   #4
Timeless Rebellion

If I post again, will you post that same block of text again?
Old 11-16-2011, 01:49 AM   #5
pothead

no i wont do it
Old 11-16-2011, 02:04 AM   #6
Timeless Rebellion

Unfortunate.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:06 PM   #7
honeythorn

I will be the future king of Isreal. This discussion is over. You may leave one's presence.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 04:04 PM   #8
Grausamkeit

Oh, damn! So that's what that memo was!

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 04:11 PM   #9
honeythorn

Fetch my camel! I wish to ride through my kingdom.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:17 PM   #10
Beowulf

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn View Post

Behold she is the messiah !!!. :P
live the gods of yesterday.

Be excellent to one another !!!.
Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 04:53 PM   #11
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Look, just because you're the Messiah, that doesn't give you the right to call me a camel!

Old 11-16-2011, 05:21 PM   #12
RuneDragon1985

Dude, Jesus was one of the best healers I had for IceCrown Citadel. And he was specced into Shadow!
RuneDragon1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 10:37 PM   #13
Timeless Rebellion

RuneDragon: Everyone knows that shadow is boss for healing! :P
Old 11-17-2011, 12:08 PM   #14
honeythorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwineidschun View Post
no i wont do it
Behead this infidel *clapclap*
Old 11-17-2011, 12:47 PM   #15
RuneDragon1985

Quote:
Behead this infidel *clapclap*
That's totally sensible. He doesn't share you beliefs, so like all non-believers and infidels, just kill 'em, let the garden gnomes **** his body and leave his carcass in a ditch. Love everyone that agrees with you and kill the rest. Good to know you have everyone elses' interests in mind.
RuneDragon1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 01:08 PM   #16
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Ha!

Pothead,

Jesus will be king of all Panaceas!

Lololololol!

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 03:51 PM   #17
Miss Absynthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger View Post
Ha!

Pothead,

Jesus will be king of all Panaceas!

Lololololol!
...read 'panaceas' as 'pancreases'.

...was slightly confused.
Miss Absynthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 02:31 PM   #18
Timeless Rebellion

I just figured, if we are listing fictional characters based in historical characters as future kings of Israel, I nominate Sweeney Todd! (He was based on a murderous barber in London way back)

(Note: I do not wish to offend religious people, this is simply intended as a joke, nothing else)
Old 11-18-2011, 03:33 PM   #19
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Absynthe View Post
...read 'panaceas' as 'pancreases'.

...was slightly confused.
I did too. Learning about the pancreas in the last Lab class didn't help with that.

Old 11-18-2011, 03:58 PM   #20
honeythorn

I nearly read it as Pancakes.

PANCAKES! Bring my pancakes *clapclap* I declare today to be the day everyone is allowed to covet their neighbors ass. Unless it's got cellulite or something. And no Donkey ogling! That's just sick. Go forth and do my bidding.
Old 11-18-2011, 04:25 PM   #21
Grausamkeit

Damn it! I never get to ogle the donkeys!

*brings pancakes even though she's still resentful for being called a camel*

Old 12-01-2011, 06:37 PM   #22
Morpheus13

You just aren't allowed to have any fun are you Graus?
Morpheus13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 06:37 PM   #23
Grausamkeit

I really don't. Honey is a beautiful and cruel mistress.

Old 12-05-2011, 10:26 AM   #24
CIRQUEFREAK91

They're both dead...

*CUCKOO CUCKOO*
CIRQUEFREAK91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 01:19 PM   #25
honeythorn

Of course they're dead ! I killed them using my special technique of smothering them in home made jam, with a slice of warbutons wholemeal bread clapped on top. Thus I am the king of Israel by right of conquest .

Never believe everything you read in books my minions, never. Now you may kiss the hem of my robe and depart.