Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 01-11-2007, 09:43 PM   #801
deathbecomesme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork
O_O

I'm shocked. I... didn't know Hot Topic had those deals. That wasn't bad clothing either, especially compared to those wretched band tees and Tripp pants. Perhaps I'll chance a look next time I'm at the mall sometime this year.

I've been eying The Dark Angel for some time now, but the prices have been problematic, what with exchange rates and shipping. I like Hot Topic for making things somewhat accessible, when they do have something worthy of purchase.
Trust me i was beyond shocked when i found them, but it was on clearance at 75% off orginal price. Yes and actually non of these clothes where even made by Tripp, not really sure who their made by(no markers or labels on the clothes except the vest which is yes Tripp-But good quality and nice looking)

Yeah The Dark Angel has awesome clothes and i do buy from them time to time but been to expensive lately.
...the costume without the brain."
--Peter Murphy
deathbecomesme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 09:00 PM   #802
bleed-affinity

Lightbulb

I shop at Hot Topic, and I'm not ashamed to say so. It's the only place near me where I can buy clothes I like without spending endless wads of cash. Seriously, there is a shop on Broadway over here that sells similar, nicer things but I am not wealthy enough to be able to spend 300 dollars on one jacket. I shop at Hot Topic, I wear their pants, skirts, dresses and corsets and I will fully admit to it because it's a style that works for me. I am who I am, and I am not afraid to dress like it.

I also hate ordering clothes online. :x
bleed-affinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 10:43 PM   #803
Rush_Rush_Russian

I dont! I do not have the cash to shop there! And from what I've heard it falls apart kinda quick. I shop at goodwill! Not only do the clothes smell like someone else, they are pre-ripped!
Rush_Rush_Russian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 11:12 PM   #804
OCD Insomnia

Holy flying toasters this is an old thread. This was around when I became a member....
OCD Insomnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 02:25 AM   #805
BlackWidow

True...BTW OCD, I love your image...hot...And your name also...I love you.
Old 02-07-2007, 08:10 AM   #806
Draconysius

I was at Snot Rocket the other weekend looking for a clerk there who's a good friend of mine. I stepped up to the counter to ask this male clerk if my friend was here, and he replied snappily, "Does it LOOK like she's here?". What an ass. Not to mention angry ego-metal was blaring through the speakers.
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 08:13 AM   #807
Draconysius

Rot Schlopic had some good stuff some time ago, like these zebra-print wrist warmers, this t-shirt with a print of bats in flight, and this striped shirt where the stripes were replaced by bones. It seems every time I go there, though, they have less cool stuff and more crap.
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 09:10 AM   #808
Morrigan_Dubh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush_Rush_Russian
I dont! I do not have the cash to shop there! And from what I've heard it falls apart kinda quick. I shop at goodwill! Not only do the clothes smell like someone else, they are pre-ripped!

Hooray for second-hand shops!
Old 02-07-2007, 09:33 AM   #809
Tha Duckman

Personally, I think the idea of a Goth chain store inside a mall defeats the original idea of the Gothic sub-culture. But that's just me.
Tha Duckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 12:50 PM   #810
maggot

No, that's why so many people claim to hate it.

It goes against the original punk mentality.
Old 02-07-2007, 01:32 PM   #811
Tha Duckman

Isn't that just a rewording of my previous post with the word no in the front of it?
Old 02-07-2007, 02:16 PM   #812
Senor_Sadomachism

I like PVC and Rubber, Latex clothing. Yes I am a Gay fetish addict, thanks for asking Mmm skin fitting latex trousers!
Senor_Sadomachism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 02:23 PM   #813
Tha Duckman

Yeah, don't worry, I'm a slave. High five.
Old 02-07-2007, 08:18 PM   #814
LaKeesha

Yeah... I gotta admit it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleed-affinity
I shop at Hot Topic, and I'm not ashamed to say so. It's the only place near me where I can buy clothes I like without spending endless wads of cash. Seriously, there is a shop on Broadway over here that sells similar, nicer things but I am not wealthy enough to be able to spend 300 dollars on one jacket. I shop at Hot Topic, I wear their pants, skirts, dresses and corsets and I will fully admit to it because it's a style that works for me. I am who I am, and I am not afraid to dress like it.

I also hate ordering clothes online. :x
I buy stuff from there on and off ...

Only because of the clearance sales and I can occasionally get my Emily Strange stuff cheaper over there. I know Hot Flopix is known as kind of a "kiddie" store but shoot! They have my size and it ain't like I can wear (or can even afford) Ann Taylor Loft or August Max Woman like other women my age. VERY rarely, I'll get a suit for work over at Petite Sophisticate but even THAT has to be altered. That's just too much money.

Yes.... I am 40 friggin' years old and I wear Emily Strange stuff. My husband likes it on me and I think the cat prints are cute.

Other times I just make my own creations. Unfortunately, I rarely go anyplace to wear the stuff I make and I can't sell it too easily due to that it's my size. I'm too darn small. Anybody wear a size 0? Peh.
LaKeesha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 08:33 PM   #815
raggedyanne

Huzzah! for well fitting, cheap clothes!
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 09:39 PM   #816
Encaitare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconysius
I was at Snot Rocket the other weekend looking for a clerk there who's a good friend of mine. I stepped up to the counter to ask this male clerk if my friend was here, and he replied snappily, "Does it LOOK like she's here?". What an ass. Not to mention angry ego-metal was blaring through the speakers.
That's weird. Even if I don't shop at Hot Topic that often anymore, when I do go in to see if there's anything good the people working there are always really nice.
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 05:06 PM   #817
maggot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Duckman
Isn't that just a rewording of my previous post with the word no in the front of it?

Yep!

I meant it in the "no, no, you're right..." sense, not the "NO! YOU'RE WRONG, YOU JERK!" sense. ^^
Old 02-08-2007, 05:38 PM   #818
killer_asian_Dax

Once in a while I'll spot a cute purse worth buying there, other than that- it's all about their clearance racks (or not at all).

My crappy Myspace
killer_asian_Dax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 09:14 PM   #819
raggedyanne

I like buying tank-tops from them. I had never before seen so much amazing Invader Zim merchandise in one shop.
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
Old 02-09-2007, 12:36 AM   #820
BlackWidow

It could just be the alcohol in me right now, but I hate labels, really. If you like clothing, if you like music-the like it! And dont give a shit what others think and call it or you. I love Hot Topic because that's MY style, as well as others. If posers are gonna shop there and turn it into a poser store then oh well, it's still not MY fault THEY turned into a poser store. If it werent for the "emo's" and "preppies" that shop there I bet you Hot Topic would be 50% more popular with most of you and other people. Ok that's enough of my drunk ranting for now.
Old 02-09-2007, 06:53 AM   #821
LaKeesha

Hey.... drunk or not drunk...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWidow
It could just be the alcohol in me right now, but I hate labels, really. If you like clothing, if you like music-the like it! And dont give a shit what others think and call it or you. I love Hot Topic because that's MY style, as well as others. If posers are gonna shop there and turn it into a poser store then oh well, it's still not MY fault THEY turned into a poser store. If it werent for the "emo's" and "preppies" that shop there I bet you Hot Topic would be 50% more popular with most of you and other people. Ok that's enough of my drunk ranting for now.
Y' make sense there, boo.

I agree that labels suck and I personally do not use them because really, I don't fit into ANYthing. BUT..... if OTHERS wish to use labels, fine by me.

I'm pretty easy-going in my old age.
LaKeesha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 12:22 AM   #822
raggedyanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWidow

Thank You! So true. I hate being called emo. I'm not, I just like tight pants.
Old 02-10-2007, 03:02 AM   #823
Tha Duckman

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! That's the funniest post I've ever seen any where.

Any who, as much as I'm loathe to say it, the store is a personal preference. I just wear plain black jeans and plain black long sleeve t-shirts which I can get any where. I can do my whole years shopping and only spend 20 Euros. I much prefer that than Hot Topic.
Old 02-10-2007, 07:33 AM   #824
Vyvian Blackthorne

Unhappy

Quote:
The little skinny pants....no.
Why not? I actually like those kinds of pants. I have a few pairs (not from HT) and I think they're fine.
Vyvian Blackthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 04:32 PM   #825
Vyusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
Hahaha, I don't wear eyeliner.XD
In that instance, don't cry, it'll give you lines around your eyes.

I have no problemwith the emo subculture. I really can't imagine any reason to want to belong to it, but I can't imagine any reason to want to belong a ski resort, but I don't have some deep-seated hatred and rivalry with skiiers causing me to be cruel to them at every opportunity.
Anyway, I never had a problem with buying with Hot Topic. As far as I've been able to tell, it's about as socially responsible as any clothing group. I don't often anymore, since the shirts they'd occasionally have of bands I like are fading away. I might still buy a pair of pants there, or something, but they're honestly damned expensive for pants I can get cheaper elsewhere, so I don't often purchase them at HT.
I really see no reason for pages of debate on the subject, other than the opening for a song reference I was given, though.
Vyusher is offline   Reply With Quote