Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 03-10-2021, 07:19 AM   #1
DarkIshtar

Greetings

Guess I'm a newbie. I think I used to be a member by a different name.... But a lot happens IRL

Cis female. Poly. Bisexual (yas it's valid). Artist. Did publish an art/culture mag in the day.
I am studying Fine Arts... Again. I was very sick for a long time and feels I am resurrected - reborn and as this is a zombie returning to life relearning a bunch of things. Maybe like this forum? Like how to skate, how to dance and... reconnecting with my tribe.

I am rediscovering music from back in the day as well and excited to discover a whole new bunch more exists now to enjoy.

Song for a wedding? Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds: Supernaturally
To say Goodbye as I begin rotting for real? Trisome 21: The Last Song

I reside in Melbourne Au. It's been a trial with a plague running rampart. Though I have lived most of my life in the past - I mean Tasmania. Yeah home of the devil.

While my cat Winter is fluffy (double medium coat) and warm she is a bit resistant to my cuddles so I love my therapy lizard Loki more. He is a big bearded dragon and full of mischief and mayhem he couldn't have a more suitable name. I still have my first pet - he was a Norwegian Forest Cat called Merlin. He is taxidermied. Freeze dried... I miss his spirit.

Raising some baby bats of my own.

Been Gothic forever. I literally used to spend my free time as a child in the local graveyard which was a short walk from my house near the beach. I would read and chat (albeit one sided) to the residents. My first music love outside classical was The Cure. Been hooked since. I particularly love Ethereal but appreciate many other genres. First Wave will probably always hold the key to my heart, however. It just feels familiar and comfortable. I keep going back there.

What were the other questions?

Can't recall. Feel free to ask anything.

Ish
DarkIshtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 08:15 PM   #2
Mystery Man

Hi Ish,

I, too, have just (re)joined this forum, and also live in Melbourne...

By way of a brief intro: I love the gothic style, though I'm more of a minimalist myself. I also organise social events for creatives and those who simply appreciate the arts.

I'd love to hear/see more about your art and the mag you used to publish.

Mystery
Mystery Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 10:28 PM   #3
DarkIshtar

I used to publish Dwelve in Hobart. Only new in Melbourne. I go to Elysium and NO events sometimes. We might have seen each other before or maybe you are part of the Goth/Alt meet up group on Discord?

Which group do you manage? Sounds great.

Finding posting pics in here incredibly frustrating.
Old 03-17-2021, 04:32 PM   #4
Mystery Man

Tell me more about Dwelve... What was it about?

The IRL social group I organise is "Coffee + Creatives". You can find it on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nicmason/

I'm also building/experimenting/starting another old-school-style gothic forum here: http://gothguide.com
Old 03-17-2021, 09:42 PM   #5
DarkIshtar

Dwelve was a street magazine that published local artist's and writer's work. Also published upcoming local events and we interviewed various creative people. I gyess we were broadly accepting. We were sponsored by (but not censored) by local nightclub owners.

I'll hop into the group of FB.

The other one is Goffee �� for Goths and Alts in general. FB and Discord. Discord was created bc online events when we were in lock down. Saved a few from extreme loneliness.

Thank you. Will meet you on FB
Old 03-17-2021, 11:40 PM   #6
Mystery Man

Dwelve sounds awesome! You'll have to send me some back issues.

I haven't set up a group for the creatives events (yet). I just create the event under my name, and then post it in lots of OTHER groups. Send me a FR if you like.

I might already be a member of the Goffee group. Did they have some events earlier this month? I've been meaning to get to one... I think I needed saving during the lockdown, too!
Old 03-18-2021, 06:34 PM   #7
Tragic Blackheart

Hello DarkIshtar

I'm not on here much but hope to catch up with you around the place soon.

Tragic x
Tragic Blackheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 01:15 PM   #8
TrivialMorose

Shitty greetings and welcomes from my batness.
TrivialMorose is offline   Reply With Quote