Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 12-01-2008, 02:15 AM   #176
Alarica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Mond
Seriously. That's what it looks like.
Then you interpret it how you like. All I have seen is a whiney bitch who wants me to sit here, wasting time i dont have, proving i have vast knowledge on a subject that is no longer relevant to me. All i have seen from a select few have been posts stating things they are convinced they are right on when they are wrong, and when corrected the response is 'yeah well whatever'. Typical childish response. I know 3yr olds who take being corrected better than that.

It's done. Deal with it. I'm not here to placate your little friends need to feel big in the world. I have said to someone else and will say the same to you. Behave like a child, i will treat you as 1.

The title of the thread isnt 'do you think abortion is murder' as a set up for a debate, it is a blatant statement 'Abortion IS murder' so all the posts in the world, even those full of facts stand for nothing. It was started by someone who has made their mind up and clearly wasnt throwing up a subject for differing views.
Alarica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 05:38 AM   #177
Maggoty Anne

Quote:
It can also mean that the person believes a woman should only abort her child if it is risking her life or things of the latter.
No it can't. Pro-choicers do not believe that abortions should only be available in certain circumstances. They believe it is a woman's right to choose. And pro-lifers don't think women shouldn't abort in cases where the mother's life is in danger, that's fucked up.
Old 12-01-2008, 05:54 AM   #178
jack_the_knife

I'm with Joker on this one.
jack_the_knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 06:46 AM   #179
Alarica

Abortions are legal. End of.

If you are a woman and dont agree with them, dont have 1. If you are a man and dont agree with them, makes no difference because you wont ever have to have 1.

And as the law stands in the uk, if you are a man who got a woman pregnant and she wants to terminate and you dont agree, tough shit. The law is on the womans side. Her body, her choice.

As has been said, it is over used for some women, but for most it is a hard decision for whatever personal or medical reasons.

Call it murder if you want. Freedom of speach and all that. But you wont change the law just because of how you interpret the act it supports.
Old 12-01-2008, 07:17 AM   #180
HellforgedX

I'm a card carrying member of the Society of People Against People Creating More People. I think abortions should be cheaper and offered at the nearest 7-11.
Old 12-01-2008, 07:35 AM   #181
Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshtrayKitten
Even disregarding any possible importance of the capacity for consciousness, I feel the significance of a consciousness having existed needs to be further explained, if the comparison is valid by itself at all.
Sorry, I forgot about this thread.
I see it as the loss of that person. They've been alive, and denying them the chance to return stops them from continuing to be alive. I pretty much said the exact same thing last time, and I'm not too sure how to expand it. Basically I don't see potential in itself to be enough of a factor.

I would be interested to know though, why do you think abortion should be legal, if you believe it to be homicide? That's if you do think it should be legal, I can't remember if you said that, or if you said you didn't care. Also it doesn't look like anyone new will post in this thread, other than to tell you how wrong you are for being anti abortion.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 08:13 AM   #182
littlemoonfox

No one here is wrong..You can say you are not for abortions...and also belive that it wrong to dump health babies has well. It like saying what would rather have kill baby before it born or watch it suffer becuse was born and unwanted...It heart breaking to watch so many suffer becuse no one wanted them....if this world work better those kids would be apoted out to people love them....but that not how it always work....

Also law always chaning. It use to be that Abortions were no go...then you could have them. It also use to be that baby could be killed when it haft out of the mother...that change that no more....thats why someday this law may change...it was up in usa to be voted on agin it often is....That why people are trying find true meaning to it....someday the law may change agin....
littlemoonfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 08:28 AM   #183
Alarica

I would rather know a woman was in safe hands having an abortion done properly, than these girls and women made to feel so ashamed by not wanting a baby, that they resort to a bottle of vodka and a knitting needle, being beaten with baseball bats, kicked in the stomach etc.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:46 AM   #184
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarica
Abortions are legal. End of.
A lot of nasty shit has been legal. I'm pro-choice, but pro-lifers aren't evil fascists, they've just got the wrong information; they believe that abortion is murder and if you believed that, wouldn't you fight it too?
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 08:57 AM   #185
AshtrayKitten

Quote:
The title of the thread isnt 'do you think abortion is murder' as a set up for a debate, it is a blatant statement 'Abortion IS murder' so all the posts in the world, even those full of facts stand for nothing. It was started by someone who has made their mind up and clearly wasnt throwing up a subject for differing views.
http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/thumb_1...1469Ff33QN.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor
Sorry, I forgot about this thread.
I see it as the loss of that person. They've been alive, and denying them the chance to return stops them from continuing to be alive. I pretty much said the exact same thing last time, and I'm not too sure how to expand it. Basically I don't see potential in itself to be enough of a factor.
It seems like circular reasoning, that killing a fetus is not homicide, but killing an unconscious person would be homicide because you'd be killing a person, and it's a person because it's been a person before and so on.

Quote:
I would be interested to know though, why do you think abortion should be legal, if you believe it to be homicide? That's if you do think it should be legal, I can't remember if you said that, or if you said you didn't care.
I agree with euthanasia, and that's homicide. Answering the question of whether or not it abortion should be legal falls under social organization. All I'll say is that the answer given should be consistent with whatever morals and ethics a society chooses to uphold. Or not, since one more contradiction in the pile won't hurt nobody.

Quote:
Also it doesn't look like anyone new will post in this thread, other than to tell you how wrong you are for being anti abortion.
We're at the crux of the discussion; we can do their thinking for them.
AshtrayKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 09:08 AM   #186
Alarica

Good point, only i can see both sides of the arguement. I understand that there are people who see it as murder, and they are entitled to that opinion, but i also dont see how it will help to make it illegal. It was done illegaly and dangerously for a long time, which was a major pushing point for legalisation.

I'm all for people having their own opinion on things, but i dont agree with people pushing their beliefs on others in cases like this, that are sensitive.

The thread, as i said, is 'Abortion is murder' That is the belief of the person who started it, and it is being forced onto others. It isnt 'I believe abortion is murder'

It is no different to me, than people who INSIST god exists. I dont believe he does. Should i waste time fighting for churches to be closed down the world over and religious beliefs to be reclassified?
Old 12-01-2008, 09:13 AM   #187
AshtrayKitten

Can someone point out to the spamming drama queen psychobitch that I haven't attempted to force anyone to believe what I do, but to instead explain why I believe so, have never claimed to know absolute truth, and have tried to treat the question as unresolved at the moment?
Old 12-01-2008, 09:15 AM   #188
PinstripesAndPithHelmets

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshtrayKitten
Can someone point out to the spamming drama queen psychobitch that I haven't attempted to force anyone to believe what I do, but to instead explain why I believe so, have never claimed to know absolute truth, and have tried to treat the question as unresolved at the moment?
We could, but it wouldn't help.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:25 AM   #189
Maggoty Anne

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellforgedX
I'm a card carrying member of the Society of People Against People Creating More People. I think abortions should be cheaper and offered at the nearest 7-11.
Me too, but I'm not kidding.
http://www.vhemt.org/
Old 12-01-2008, 12:39 PM   #190
HellforgedX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggoty Anne
Me too, but I'm not kidding.
http://www.vhemt.org/
Nice. I think one of THESE will occur first, though.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:57 AM   #191
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Mond
Seriously. That's what it looks like.
Mm. My favorite is how she says I'm acting immature, but can't say why, and uses numerals in place of words.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 11:59 AM   #192
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Then you interpret it how you like. All I have seen is a whiney bitch who wants me to sit here, wasting time i dont have, proving i have vast knowledge on a subject that is no longer relevant to me. All i have seen from a select few have been posts stating things they are convinced they are right on when they are wrong, and when corrected the response is 'yeah well whatever'. Typical childish response. I know 3yr olds who take being corrected better than that.

It's done. Deal with it. I'm not here to placate your little friends need to feel big in the world. I have said to someone else and will say the same to you. Behave like a child, i will treat you as 1.

Are you on thorazine?
Old 12-02-2008, 12:49 PM   #193
HellforgedX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
Are you on thorazine?
Who ISN'T?!? HA!
Old 12-02-2008, 06:34 PM   #194
Alarica

Quote:
Mm. My favorite is how she says I'm acting immature, but can't say why, and uses numerals in place of words.
Because you STILL cant let it go.
Because you start a thread about whos hotter, you or a model with incredible photos.
Because you draw on your face in a fashion similar to that of a small child and think you are hotter than said model.
Because I simply dont like you and find you to be nauseatingly attention seeking. You are very needy and insecure.

Now, quit being a whiney bitch and jog on. I'm done with this thread. You can find me elsewhere if you feel you are still unable to let this go.
Old 12-02-2008, 07:46 PM   #195
AshtrayKitten

Quote:
Are you on thorazine?
Why bother asking? The only think the Alarica account has left is to try to save face as best it can. Why step on retreating ants?
Old 12-02-2008, 08:00 PM   #196
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Because I simply dont like you and find you to be nauseatingly attention seeking.
- You're childish
- Why am I childish?
- Because I don't like you

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 04:58 AM   #197
$haDe

Quote:
Because you STILL cant let it go.
Because you start a thread about whos hotter, you or a model with incredible photos.
Because you draw on your face in a fashion similar to that of a small child and think you are hotter than said model.
Because I simply dont like you and find you to be nauseatingly attention seeking. You are very needy and insecure.

Now, quit being a whiney bitch and jog on. I'm done with this thread. You can find me elsewhere if you feel you are still unable to let this go.

Honestly, when I first saw your thread about helping your child's work, I'm impressed.

But all that threads you've mentioned about Ophelia were made out of pure fun and joyness !!

I respected your opinion but ... GOSH !!!! You have no sense of humor!!
Old 12-04-2008, 07:08 AM   #198
Alarica

You missed the point. Most of you just feed my amusement. Apparently I'm a cunt based on what i have posted so far. My sense of humour is twisted.

You really arent 1 to talk about a sense of humour.

Sir Helpmann made you cry.
Old 12-04-2008, 07:11 AM   #199
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
I'm done with this thread. You can find me elsewhere if you feel you are still unable to let this go.
Quote:
You missed the point. Most of you just feed my amusement. Apparently I'm a cunt based on what i have posted so far. My sense of humour is twisted.

You really arent 1 to talk about a sense of humour.

Sir Helpmann made you cry.
So...you're not done, then?
Old 12-04-2008, 07:16 AM   #200
Maggoty Anne

Quote:
Apparently I'm a cunt based on what i have posted so far. My sense of humour is twisted.
Based on what's been posted on this thread lately, I have to say yes, yes you are. And so is everyone else.

NOW TALK ABOUT ABORTION OR STFU!