Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 07-22-2006, 03:28 AM   #1
dark_dragon_of_ice

F.e.a.r

Has anyone here played F.E.AR? If so what is your view of Alma Wade i have mine but il post it later on if i get any replies to this.
I tried to make a thread like this on gamespot, however it got flamed to death. No one likes to have serious conversations with me on that site it seems =( lol.
dark_dragon_of_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 06:35 PM   #2
Crying_Crimson_Tears

My boyfriend plays it. He loves it. I dunno what he thinks of Alma Wade although I am sure it is a good opinion.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 08:51 AM   #3
Somnambulist

Alma Wade

The identity and mystery of Alma is the very core of F.E.A.R. First appearing in the introduction, Alma's presence is felt constantly throughout the game, with hints and glimpses of her life made throughout the game's use of visions and info the player gathers through both Fettel and some laptops found throughout the game. She appears as a little eight year old girl wearing a red dress. She has a disturbingly blank and mask-like face almost completely obscured by long black hair. In the final part of the game, however, her appearance changes to that of an emaciated young woman. Right from her first appearance, it is never quite clear if Alma is real, or only exists in the minds of the people seeing her.

She appears to have been inspired by the character of Samara from the movie The Ring a derivitive of the japanese original Ringu. The prequel interview on the DVD version of the game also shows similarities to an interview in that movie. Both Samara and Alma had strong psychic influence, were left to die alone after several days, and harbor an afterlife rage and resentment. They also manifest their appearance in a similar manner.

Alma was a severely troubled child, gifted with tremendous psychic powers, who suffered nightmares and apparently was attuned to the negative emotions of the people around her. Her last name being Wade is revealed at the climax of the game, giving a strong implication that she is the daughter of Harlan Wade, although technically this is never explicitly stated.

At the age of eight she was recruited into ATC project Origin with the aim of creating psychic individuals from a psychic forebearer: she was put into an induced coma and locked in the Vault, a spherical structure located deep inside the secret Origin facility. During the project Alma was impregnated twice, but it is never revealed who the father of her children might be. She gave birth to to a first prototype, the F.E.A.R. Point Man, and then a second, Paxton Fettel, before the project was closed down and life support removed to the Vault, causing ATC to believe she was dead.

Alma is capable of linking her mind with Paxton Fettel during the so called "synchronicity events" where she is able to use him as a means to take her revenge: this is clearly shown in the game intro where she whispers to Fettel and then frees him from his cell. Among Alma's other powers, she is able to kill people by a psychic attack that liquifies their flesh, something she does several times across the game. She can also create a number of different hallucinations, manifesting her own appearance or that of other people, but she can also take the player character into her dream world, where Alma is even able to summon some kind of malevolent phantoms known as "nightmares".

Alma is seen repeatedly across the game, often only out of the corner of the player's eye, appearing standing in the shadows or darting quickly out of sight. As her appearances are almost always accompanied by scenes of extreme violence, this rapidly becomes very unnerving. Sometimes all that is heard is her soft, giggling laugh, or indistinct words whispered as though in the player's ear.

Somber, sleep & blessed be
Somnambulist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 08:58 AM   #4
PoupeeCelestia

Location: Lapiland =) quite a nice place with purple mountains and that kind of stuff...
Now, that´s a game character resumé XD!...
PoupeeCelestia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 10:08 PM   #5
Somnambulist

F.E.A.R. Online

I will be hosting online gameplay for all you F.E.A.R. enthusiast's. If interested, feel free & look for **Gothic.net** server from time to time, usually around canadian eastern time between 0100 & 0600

For best visual results, system requirements are as follows:

P4 3.2 or Athlon 64 3200+
1.5GB Memory
256MB X800 or 6800 Series Card
Between 1.8 and 10GB HDD Space (depending if you have the full version or the free multiplayer demo)

If you dont have the full game you can download the free full multiplayer version online of F.E.A.R. combat at pcgameworld.com

Why these specs? The CPUs on both the PS3 and X360 run at 3.2Ghz for each core. Like I said this is still a single threaded game, so 3.2Ghz should do fine. 1.5GB memory, I noticed in current games like Battlefield2 and FEAR demo that more than 1GB really helps out ALOT. 2GB would probably be best, but 1.5GB should be enough to run the game fine. The big thing is video card and video memory. You're going to need a card with at least 16 Pixle Pipelines to handle all the shading and lights. A SM3.0 card would be better (6800 rather than "X" Series card,) for lighting effects.) The 256MB memory will be needed for the HUGE textures used by the game, this will be one of the first PC games to see a performance boost when going for 256MB memory to 512MB. In an interview a rep from Epic said the game COULD run on a 6600GT, but it's not recommended, hence I believe this will be a minimum requirement.

~cheers
Somnambulist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 10:28 PM   #6
dark_dragon_of_ice

Dam you for copying and pasting from wiki!!! "shake fist"
dark_dragon_of_ice is offline   Reply With Quote