Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

View Poll Results: Should I grow my hair out?
Yeah, if it makes ur b/f happy, do it! 3 16.67%
No, do what you wanna do! Keep it short! 15 83.33%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-08-2005, 12:53 PM   #26
edible_eye

http://www.geocities.com/edible_eye/tutu.jpg
Old 02-08-2005, 03:36 PM   #27
AlKilyu

Forget the 'Two-Ball Throat Cream', gardening will bring you happiness...

http://tinypic.com/1onla0
AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 01:58 AM   #28
AuroraBorealis

Re: A Hair Thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnixxFilth
See, my b/f wants me to grow my hair out b/c he thinks it'd make me look sexier, but I don't wanna- I love my short hair b/c it's so low maintenance. He's promised to brush my hair and everything for me when we move in together but he doesn't get that I keep it short b/c of my job working w/food. I had my hair practically down to my ass from the time I was little until about 8th grade, so it was kind of a rebellion against my mom, who also wants me to have long hair. Kevin (my b/f) has also promised more sex and stuff if I grow it. I'm tempted, but I can't do hair worth shit and long hair would be pretty much wasted on me. What do I do?
Here's my two cents.

If you don't want to do it, then don't. How silly of him to request something like that!! Next, he'll be asking you to rip your nose off. )= And we don't want that... Oh no.
AuroraBorealis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 02:47 AM   #29
drgnlvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlKilyu
Forget the 'Two-Ball Throat Cream', gardening will bring you happiness...

http://tinypic.com/1onla0
:shock:

*chokecoughsputter*

Um...well...I was planning to head for bed. Now I think I'll pass. I don't like nightmares!

:lol:
drgnlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 10:24 AM   #30
secretboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
what were you choking on, Drgn dear?
Xnguela. Now officially Evil(tm).
Old 02-12-2005, 11:24 AM   #31
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretboy
Quote:
what were you choking on, Drgn dear?
Xnguela. Now officially Evil(tm).
*Hee*

Officially EVIL and officially LEGAL!!

:twisted:
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 12:14 AM   #32
SweetDarkThea

On the subject of hair.. How exactly do hair extensions work? How do they put it in?
SweetDarkThea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 08:00 AM   #33
SuicideJade

depends on the type..

white people extensions are either glued in a tiny bit at a time or they have tiny metal clamps that are bonded on and have to be taken off professionally...

black people extensions are either glued in under your real heir in sections and blended in or your hair is cornrowed down and the tracks of hair are sewn onto the cornrows..

white people extensions are insanely expensiveand i've heard really heavy...
the glued in methods don't hurt but they are HORRIBLE for your hair

and the braid/sew thing will make you look part japanese for a while *but al's the japaneeziest and we still love him.. so don't worr about that..

the glued ones last 2 week really well if properly taken care of.. on that 3rd week they start to go down hill

the braided onels last 4-6 weeks..*again depending on how you take care of them*
and the clamped ones i've heard can last 3 months...

*deep breath* :shock:
Old 03-11-2005, 09:18 AM   #34
Panther

Location: The middle of nowhere, on the outskirts of the boonies.
I would love to have extensions, but the bright green might stand out from my very short light brown natural hair.

So another fun thing to play with is the ever wonderful hair piece. Hot glue guns are your friends, really. So are dollar store barettes and such.

Or, in my partcular case, yarn and a hair tie, plus a lot of time.
Will we stroll dreaming of the lost America of love
past blue automobiles in driveways, home to our silent
cottage?
-Allen Ginsberg, A Supermarket in California
Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 07:11 PM   #35
SweetDarkThea

Hey, thanks so much guys! I wonder how expensive.... Would I want to risk it at a beauty school? The yarn idea is awesome! I like to get the thick, fuzy yarn and sorta rat it out. And presto! Synth-dreads...sorta ^_^ They're neat.
Old 03-12-2005, 01:03 AM   #36
SuicideJade

i've heard of the clamped in extensioms costing $500...
yeah... that expensive :shock:
Old 03-12-2005, 07:21 PM   #37
SweetDarkThea

...WHOA
Old 03-13-2005, 06:13 AM   #38
ChUnKy_CaRaMeL

Or you can get your hair braided and have the hair/yarn extentions braided in. Depending on what size braid you want, it will either cost you 60-250 dollars. Do not pay more then 150 though else they're ripping you off. :P You could also grab some hair/yarn and wrap it around a strand of you own hair and then glue the thread together at a legth a bit past the end of your hair. I think that is how they do it (I wouldn't try it without referencing how to do it from a book or the internet). You can do your own dreds that way. Look up a site on the net that talks about how to do black hair extention styles, and your're set. There are also hair pieces you can add to your pony tail or clip into your hair. Look around and be creative!! Hundreds of years of black women hating their own hair and black men prefering women with "non-black" looking hair has created many inventive ways for black women to hide their hair.
ChUnKy_CaRaMeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 01:01 PM   #39
drgnlvr

Y'all are talking about extensions, and here I am, planning to get about 6 inches of mine chopped off! :lol:

No worries. It'll still be well below my shoulders even with that much cut.

It's just getting deadly, and I need to put it back in it's place, and show it who's boss! :P
Old 03-13-2005, 02:19 PM   #40
ChUnKy_CaRaMeL

That's the spirit!! Show your hair that you own it, and not the other way around.

Currently, my hair owns me ... Hairdressor gave me an afro mullet cause she hates curly-nappy Black hair. The damn place had the nerve to call itself "Nappy's Hair Salon"!

So you're cutting, I'm trying to grow out and cut it even. I'm a victim of hypocrism (refer to last post) - I have braids with extentions to mask the terrible terrible mullet-ness of it all (think that 80's comedian Howie Mandel's hair). Such a mean thing that happened to me ...
ChUnKy_CaRaMeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 02:40 PM   #41
drgnlvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChUnKy_CaRaMeL
That's the spirit!! Show your hair that you own it, and not the other way around.

Currently, my hair owns me ... Hairdressor gave me an afro mullet cause she hates curly-nappy Black hair. The damn place had the nerve to call itself "Nappy's Hair Salon"!

So you're cutting, I'm trying to grow out and cut it even. I'm a victim of hypocrism (refer to last post) - I have braids with extentions to mask the terrible terrible mullet-ness of it all (think that 80's comedian Howie Mandel's hair). Such a mean thing that happened to me ...
ACK! I'm sorry that happened! How horrible. I hope you find a -good- stylist, who will work out a style that compliments your hair type.

My hair is odd. It's naturally curly, but big, loopy curls, not kinky-curly. It looks best when it's shoulder length or just below. And it looks best if I -don't- comb it after I wash it, but let it do it's own thing. I just don't like it when it's own thing happens to be wrapping around my throat at night!

But it's fine, so when it's really long, it just looks pathetic. And I just look like crap when it's short.
Old 03-13-2005, 03:20 PM   #42
Disfunction

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnixxFilth
Xnguela, don't u DARE imply that I'm a prep! I'm only asking b/c I'm trying to consider it. That's why the forum is called "Whining", duh! And I'm not "whipped", either! And just for your information, I've decided to keep it the way it is! And how exactly am I illiterate? To my knowledge, not a single word in there was misspelled, except for the times I chose to use "net" abbreviations.
Use of the bolded word...
Respect null...

What the hell...? "Don't you DARE imply that I'm a ____!"

Label is a label is a label. People make the label, not the label the people. If someone wanted to call me a fascist based on my behaviour... Good for them, a fascist must be a darn good thing by my example.

I know that's outdated, but the moment I saw that statement I nearly shat myself in... perhaps a blend of shit producing emotions.

...don't smother your kids."
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 07:49 PM   #43
Solumina

Quote:
Y'all are talking about extensions, and here I am, planning to get about 6 inches of mine chopped off!

It's just getting deadly, and I need to put it back in it's place, and show it who's boss!
Drgn I can sympathize, I'm cutting about 5 inches off of my hair because I accidentally sat on it the other day
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 07:52 PM   #44
SweetDarkThea

I used to sit on my hair too! Now it's mid-back length... bottom of my shoulder blades about. I want it to be uber long again.
Old 03-13-2005, 08:02 PM   #45
drgnlvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina
Quote:
Y'all are talking about extensions, and here I am, planning to get about 6 inches of mine chopped off!

It's just getting deadly, and I need to put it back in it's place, and show it who's boss!
Drgn I can sympathize, I'm cutting about 5 inches off of my hair because I accidentally sat on it the other day
Ouch! I laid down to take a nap today, and Sam wanted to snuggle, and he kept laying on mine, too!

Sam and I have an agreement. He likes long hair, so I agreed I'd let mine grow, if he kept his goatee (I've seen pics of him without the facial hair...he's funny-looking!). If I cut my hair short, he shaves. If he shaves, I get to cut my hair. Either way, it's our choice, but we both know what the other might do, too.

But after today, he is not the least bit upset that I want to cut that much off. Besides, my hair grows pretty fast.
Old 03-28-2005, 04:44 PM   #46
edible_eye

that sounds perfect... and sexy.
Old 03-29-2005, 03:00 AM   #47
drgnlvr

Quote:
My hair has been pissing me off lately... the roots are mousy brown, the tips are red-and-black striped, and it's flat and it gets in my face!

I want to cut it to chin length and dye it black...
I think you'd look hawt like that!

(Well, you're already hawt, but you'd be even hawter.....did that make sense?)
Old 03-29-2005, 01:32 PM   #48
edible_eye

Quote:
But my boyfriend likes it... should I keep it for him, guys? :roll:
aack! don't start that again!

you look hot no matter what you do, xng-babe.

http://cache.corbis.com/agent/14/09/88/14098885.jpg
Old 12-23-2005, 11:36 AM   #49
katsumy

I was "walking" by, with no thing to do and saw this thread... I think that long black hair in girls and boys look realy good (when they are pale)... I'm not a rasist! That's just my opinion.
could come true some day soon...

* Katsumy *
katsumy is offline   Reply With Quote