Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 06-07-2007, 11:11 PM   #1
Extraordinary

Laughing at Highschool Still

I had two friends through highschool and I only still know one of the two, which is one or two instances a year when we actually see each other. Back then, I always thought it was hilarious to look at the stupid-ass valley whores who would cry at the thought of graduation because it meant they wouldn't see their friends every single day anymore. Now that highschool's long past, I think it's even funnier, and those people seem even more pathetic in retrospect.

It seems like the majority of the people here are in highschool now. Do you all know the type of person I'm talking about? The ones who will actually cry at graduation? Beside that not even making any sense in a world where everybody is connected 24 hours a day, what in the hell actually went on during the school hours between classes every day that was so enjoyable? Rather, what in the hell went on during the school hours that wasn't harrowing? Real life sucks, but highschool's worse. Don't listen to adults who tell you, "Gee, I wish I could be in your position again!" Shut the fuck up, nobody would really do that. Highschool isn't the most important social portal of your life (regardless of what your parents, movies, and your best judgment tell you), so if your school and the people who inhabit it suck, don't worry about it; things will be better with time. It's a wide world.

And as for the valley whores, they get what's coming to them. They always do.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:56 PM   #2
Godslayer Jillian

I kind of understand what you mean, but I don't think it can apply to me.
There were several people that cried on my graduation, but they were definitely not valley whores.
We were a small school; everyone got along with everyone; high school really was enjoyable.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 05:22 AM   #3
Underwater Ophelia

Not everyone has a shitty highschool experience. Some people liked it. They're not pathetic because their experience was different from yours.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 05:29 AM   #4
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
I think my high school years were really memorable and fun because I had about twenty friends not two. When I turned 18 two months before graduation, I was taken to a restaurant in Newport Beach by one of my best friends, and there in the back room were ALL OF THEM for a surprise birthday party for me!

I think the tears came from some of the girls because after four years of busting your ass to get good grades so you could get into a good school, the break was a welcome respite and relief. They were "I made it!" tears.

I am still in contact with about 10 of my high school friends, and see five of them regularly for birthdays and other occasions.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 05:50 AM   #5
Raptor

Not everyday has been great but I've still loved my time at school. I don't get on with everyone but I don't hate anyone either, and theres so many people I do like. Even with 24 hour communication, seeing people in person is still more fun.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 06:34 AM   #6
Splintered

You see, this is why I love going to college this early.
Fuck all of the highschool drama.

Sure, it's going to be nice to get my highschool diploma, and sure it's going to be nice seeing all of my buds for one last time.

But it isn't going to stay like this forever, and I'd rather graduate with an AA and a Highschool Diploma.

Besides, highschool hasn't been that memorable for me. No more so then elementary and middle school. I mean sure, I've had a few nice events (Like for the first time, having everyone remember my birthday), but other then that, it's been boring as hell.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:40 AM   #7
deafasadoornail

I have two best friends from high school that are like sisters to me, we've been together FOREVER. We still chat almost every day. Yeah, I miss seeing them in person, but when we do get together it's awesome.

I didn't cry at high school graduation because I was excited and happy to be moving forward, but then again some people cry when they're excited and happy. I didn't cry at college graduation either and was really confused that some people did. College was harder for me than high school and I was so thrilled it was over.

I haven't been to a single reunion. I'm in touch with everyone I want to be in touch with and I have no particular desire to play "oneupsies" with the rest. I agree that it's kind of pathetic if you peak in your teens and early twenties and that becomes "the best time of your life." Gag. I'm still looking forward to the best time in my life!
deafasadoornail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 08:36 AM   #8
honeythorn

I detested highschool. It was just a place for the bullying to be resumed, but I did have my small circle of friends and I still have them now. We usually meet up once every week or so in the pub, and just sit and talk, and have a laugh. Some are getting married, some are buying houses, but still we meet.

I didn't cry when we left ( we just leave here, we don't have graduations ) I fucking screamed for joy. We all signed and wrote messages on our schoolshirts, and all the girls drew round their boobs ( yes I did, ahhh to be a teenager again..) Most people got completeley trolleyed ( drunk ) and I think most of us hugged one particular teacher because he was great, he had a real sense of humour, we all liked him

Most of the bitchy girls left school and almost immediately fell pregnant, I passed one of them in the street today but she didn't recognise me ( thank the gods ! She hated me for no apparant reason)

I was bullied by guys, but I have only seen them a few times since, One of them has convinced himself that he is popular, a local celebrity ( for what? being a cock? ) and generally loved by all. Thing is, he is always seen wearing the same suit, has made up blatant lies on friends reunited, and I know for a fact that he has very few friends ( I know because my friends boyfriend is still in touch with him ) and is rather lonely.

He was the ringleader back then and do I feel sorry for him? Do I fuck. He is getting his comeuppance ( but not nearly enough in my opinion, I have a nice axe that could dole out some more ) and I for one am STILL waiting for an apology and logical explanation as to why he did what he did.

I hated school but I am so thankful that I am still in touch with most of my friends.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 09:05 AM   #9
Cyntrox

I'm getting out of here in about two weeks, and I tell you: that's two weeks too much.

Well, it's not high school, but norwegian school system and all that... We don't have high school.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:31 PM   #10
Dancing_in_rain

Ah. The pains of high school. Currently going through the hell of exams. Yippee! Not. I'm in grade nine and am amazed at how fast the year has gone by. I've lived through a lot this year and met a lot of people, both nice and disagreeable. I can't wait to get out of my school. I will probably cry at graduation, but not because I'll be leaving my beloved *eye-roll* school. I'm going to miss my friends when I leave. We've been through a heck of a lot together. If I cry though, it'll be of joy. To finally get out of the f*cked up private school goody-goody system will be great. The only reason I haven't left this school yet is that I have two scholarships so by the time I graduate, I will have cost the school $9,000.00. With that as a satisfaction, I ain't leaving yet. But when I do...watch out world. *diabolic laugh*

Yawn. This is rather tedious, is it not?

www.chansondeplume.blogspot.com
^Mon blog d'ecriture en francais. Veuillez lire et commenter!
Translation: My writing blog in french. Feel free to read and comment.

Dancing_in_rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 05:42 PM   #11
Aaroneet

I know what you're talking about, and, yes, I have a similar high school experience. Which is partially the reason why I am on this site. High school can go one of two ways, you either blossom socially, or you flounder. My case is the latter.
Old 06-09-2007, 03:03 AM   #12
JCC

I remember when I left Primary School, I was ecstatic. I mean, I was only 11 and I'd been bullied on and off with various levels of venom since I was 7. That was because I was fat and rather shy at the time, so they probably just thought "Hey, we'll make fun of him, he won't do anything back!". All the other kids cried though (which was idiocy, they were all going to the same secondary [high] school).

I've quite enjoyed secondary school though, be a shame when I leave (though some of the teachers will be happy to see the back of me, I think).
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 06:14 AM   #13
badteccy

The last two years of high school were quite enjoyable. I only missed it for a day though.
badteccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 07:46 PM   #14
mrs.wes straker

I wish I would've made more of my time in high school. When I was a teenager I hated everyone in the world for being "phony", I hated authority, and I hated schedules. All I did was sleep and smoke whenever I had the chance. Oh yeah, and flirt with boys. I wish I would've hated and smoked less, and gone out with more high school boys. Then again, I doubt I missed too much.
Old 06-09-2007, 08:37 PM   #15
Cicero

I was never cut out for the whole 'school' thing. I've never really felt like an actual highschool student, as though I was never actually meant to be there. I've quit twice, only to go back a few months later in the seemingly neverending quest to get into university. Once I'm done I'm never looking back, that's for sure.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:18 AM   #16
Lady_Lacrimosa_Umbrae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extraordinary
Back then, I always thought it was hilarious to look at the stupid-ass valley whores who would cry at the thought of graduation because it meant they wouldn't see their friends every single day anymore.
It's true! Why do they do that? I finished High School short ago and on the last day and the final parties and so a lot of people were crying because they would not see each other every day. A girl in my class even hug me and said she was going to miss me. Ok, I guess it was kind of nice from her, and I didn't say anything so I didn't hurt her, but I thought: "How the hell are you going to miss me? I'm certainly not going to miss you! Throughout all the school year, we have only talked twice, and I think it was me asking you for a pencil or something like that!"

Maybe they're awfully dependant emotionally? Maybe it's just like a tradition for them?
Lady_Lacrimosa_Umbrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 02:04 PM   #17
Crying_Crimson_Tears

My high school is shit. Hence the reason I am going to graduate as a junior and get the hell out of there. I don't have many friends. I have about 3 true friends and then there are some people that pretend to be my friend, but I know better. That's why I am graduating with my best friend's class instead of my own.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:30 PM   #18
Seraphynth

I almost cried at my graduation, but it was because my boyfriend who'd driven me to my graduation had tried to get us killed by attempting to speed on a very wet and slick bridge while it was still pouring down rain and the bridge was packed with traffic... My biggest fear is of dying in a car accident, I was terrified. :/
I think being that insanely scared was a good reason to almost cry. >.<
Don't ask me why I'm still with this guy...

Like the only people I told I'd miss were J1 and J2.
J1 'cause I just had so much fun cutting up with that boy in our free period art class. Oh the fun of trying to convince our art teacher to let me make a custom My Little Pony for my final project! xD
J2 because, well, as much as we fought, he knew me better than a lot of people, and he was just so damned sexy, and we never got to hit each other up 'cause we were never single at the same time (yes it was a mutual thing). :/

I've only kept in contact with two people so far, Rey and Meghan. I've also only been graduated for a little over a month and a half.

The only thing I miss about high school is the routine. And even that's faded since I've established a new routine.
Seraphynth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 09:01 PM   #19
biohazard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extraordinary
I had two friends through highschool and I only still know one of the two, which is one or two instances a year when we actually see each other. Back then, I always thought it was hilarious to look at the stupid-ass valley whores who would cry at the thought of graduation because it meant they wouldn't see their friends every single day anymore. Now that highschool's long past, I think it's even funnier, and those people seem even more pathetic in retrospect.

It seems like the majority of the people here are in highschool now. Do you all know the type of person I'm talking about? The ones who will actually cry at graduation? Beside that not even making any sense in a world where everybody is connected 24 hours a day, what in the hell actually went on during the school hours between classes every day that was so enjoyable? Rather, what in the hell went on during the school hours that wasn't harrowing? Real life sucks, but highschool's worse. Don't listen to adults who tell you, "Gee, I wish I could be in your position again!" Shut the fuck up, nobody would really do that. Highschool isn't the most important social portal of your life (regardless of what your parents, movies, and your best judgment tell you), so if your school and the people who inhabit it suck, don't worry about it; things will be better with time. It's a wide world.

And as for the valley whores, they get what's coming to them. They always do.

I agree with you, some of us never enyoyed high school. I will probably look back at it in a few years with only painfull memories to remember, or just few to no good memories at all. I hate my high school, the people there are very closed-minded and harass me a lot. The good thing is I graduate in a year, so I will finally be able to leave that dreaded place
biohazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 11:18 PM   #20
Alaizabel Cray

I know some people have a great time in high school, good for you, but high school seems to want to kill me. Freshman orientation: I had the biggest panic attack of my life. If my mom hadn't been there volunteering, I would have ended up passing out. In the middle of the hallway away from any people I knew, no less. I was pretty much out of commission for the rest of the day. So, that was my first real experience with high school. In junior high, there was only one honors class, so I always knew all of my classmates all three years. Well, high school's bigger so a bit different, and that was a nightmare with my anxiety issues. I would rather do everything by myself than have to "Get up and find someone with the same number of siblings as you" to be my partner for whatever assignment. In fact, that sort of situation often made me want to cry (and not just because the siblings question is awkward). The year I spent in traditional high school was composed of those sort of experiences. Panic attacks, being snubbed when I got up the courage to try and make new friends, etc. So I tried homeschooling. And you know what, that didn't really help. It's the kids. Most don't seem to like me. I just get along better with older, more mature people. Which is why I intend to get my GED and get out of here.

...man, that was a lot of details. Perhaps too many... heh
Old 06-21-2007, 12:50 AM   #21
Tin_Lizzie

I’ve successfully avoided attending every high school reunion, and they seem to have stopped sending me invitations (or else they lost track a few international moves ago). High school was just 3 years that got in the way of my education, and I’m no longer in contact with anyone from that time. I was surprised to discover that some people looked up to me in HS because I made “smart” seem “cool.” Hm, so they figured out that the indifference wasn’t a pose? *snicker* I couldn’t care less. However, college was great fun and I wish I could’ve prolonged that experience for a few advanced degrees, if life and finite funding hadn't got in the way.
Tin_Lizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 04:24 PM   #22
Extraordinary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin_Lizzie
High school was just 3 years that got in the way of my education
Beautiful. Can't tell you how many times I've thought that exact same thing.
Old 06-21-2007, 04:27 PM   #23
charles5555

I'm 24 and I'm still in grade 4
charles5555 is offline   Reply With Quote