Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 07-10-2007, 02:34 PM   #76
Crying_Crimson_Tears

I tried but his posts keep showing.

Maybe something is broke.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 02:37 PM   #77
Saddiction

If it's broken, don't respond to his posts. You may feel that he is the instigator, but at the same time, you're no better. Ignore him and be done with it.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:08 PM   #78
Minyaliel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saddiction
Let me guess, you'd prefer Mac or Linux? Did you know that Bill Gates owns part of Apple and that they now use Intel chips? Linux is ok. Not the most user friendly in regards to device drivers.
Sure about that? I hate tinkering with my operating system except for visual effects, in fear of doing serious damage, and swear by www.pclinuxos.com, the easiest Linux distro out there. Even my mother can handle it without any problems (which is a miracle - she is the kind of person who doesn't know that she can open files directly from "My computer" or "My documents", and instead spends loads of time wondering which program she needs to open a file).
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 03:17 PM   #79
Saddiction

Depends on the Distro. When I was using it, I used Slackware. I still stand by what I say. In Linux, if no driver exists, you have to write your own or find someone that can write it for you. It also depends on the device. The device I had particular issues with was a specific type of wireless NIC. I haven't tried pclinuxos, so I can't speak for that specific distro.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:18 PM   #80
Tha Duckman

I use Linux .
Tha Duckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 03:19 PM   #81
Invisigoth69

I would like to say a big fuck off to the tourist drivers on I-4.
Thank you. Thank you very much.
Invisigoth69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 03:22 PM   #82
Saddiction

I don't mind it, but it's not my OS of choice. I work with what I'm familiar with. If my job entailed me working with some of the Unix boxes, chances are I'd be running Linux at home more often. My machine is dual boot, so I can use either or.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:47 PM   #83
Tha Duckman

I helped code Damn Small Linux. Check it out. It's specifically for beginners.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:04 PM   #84
Methadrine

Bah, I've said it before and I say it again: go BSD. (yep, Mr Meth is a true UNIX slave..) If not OpenBSD, then FreeBSD, if not that then PC-BSD which is like the Ubuntu of the UNIX world. Why? It's stable. It's reasonably secure. It's a damn lot more cleaned up than Linux ever be and it comes with the marvelous PF which blows IPtables to hell. Oh, and it got full Linux-emulation so if you are missing any Linux-software it will run on it flawlessly...

*end of commercial*

"Meow. Mew. Mrow. Maow? Miaox." - Lovely Delkaetre speaks cat.
Methadrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 04:19 PM   #85
invaders_say_ni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saddiction
90% of the time it's the user, not the machine. I had a computer that lasted 4 years. The only reason it died was because the power supply quit on me (which I could fix if I wasn't so lazy).

Let me guess, you'd prefer Mac or Linux? Did you know that Bill Gates owns part of Apple and that they now use Intel chips? Linux is ok. Not the most user friendly in regards to device drivers.

Did she hold you at gun point?.

You may feel differently when you're older . Sending a big 'fuck-off' to people who say that is a bit irrational. You don't know how you will feel 10 years from now. That I can guarantee.
1) I am not a computer idiot. I know how to use one properly and not kill it.
2) Yes, actually, I did know that. Way to generalize, by the way.
3) Note that I said my aunt. As such, I am not her daughter. Thank you.
4) I sense some hostility here. I suppose you think you know me better than I know myself, even though you are a stranger on the internet? Go on, take a shot at it. Who am I, what am I like? I know you're dying to tell me.
invaders_say_ni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 04:25 PM   #86
Tha Duckman

[Eats a biscuit].

sadrvvrvsfd
Old 07-10-2007, 04:38 PM   #87
psyches_reflection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Happy Cat
I'd like to send out a big fuck off to all of the disrespectful brats who think it's cool to throw things at passing cars.

Really, are they so unimaginative that the only thing that they can think of to do is ride around throwing paint balls out their car windows for a laugh. My gods, go home and read a book, or wait these children seem to be incapable of reading... Better yet, sit in your parent’s basement and entertain each other by lighting your own farts.
Paint balls? Jeez, how innocent! I was waiting for a bus home from work on sunday evening, and decided to walk a little way along the bus route to kill time. I ended up waiting by this old railway bridge where a couple of scallies were luriking throwing twigs and stuff at the cars passing underneath. All of a suddne there's an almighty thud, then a screech - they'd only chucked a four foot f***ing branch. And not a spindly one either, it was at least four inches in diameter. The driver of the car it narrowly missed stopped for a minute or so, visibly shaken. They could have f***ing killed someone, just for a laugh!

*deep breaths* So I would like to dedicate this rant to ignorant, good-for-nothing scallies with no concept of the sanctity of life. Sorry to have hi-jacked your FO, Miss Happy Cat.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:43 PM   #88
demonfairy

We have idiots here that think it's funny to throw rocks off bridges at cars passing underneath,so a big "Fuck Off" to them too.
demonfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 04:54 PM   #89
Miss Happy Cat

My god, good thing it didn’t land on someone’s car.

Nothing wrong with hijacking my FO, psyches reflection, yours seems more deserving than mine.

At the time it irked me that someone had the audacity to throw something at my car. Earlier this year, I had a few kids chucking snowballs at my car and they managed to break one of the back windows. Try explaining that to your insurance company when you were unable to catch the culprits.
Miss Happy Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 05:48 PM   #90
Saddiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by invaders_say_ni
1) I am not a computer idiot. I know how to use one properly and not kill it.
Well then, I'm sorry to hear that your machines expire after a short-lived 1.5 years.

Quote:
2) Yes, actually, I did know that. Way to generalize, by the way.
Thanks. Coming from someone who works in the IT industry I see it all the time. Usually people who bash Gates prefer not to use Microsoft. Makes perfect sense to me. So what is it? Mac? Linux? Unix? or the product that you're complaining about?

Quote:
3) Note that I said my aunt. As such, I am not her daughter. Thank you.
Yeah I misread, but the statement still stands. Just replace you with her. You're Welcome.

Quote:
4) I sense some hostility here. I suppose you think you know me better than I know myself, even though you are a stranger on the internet? Go on, take a shot at it. Who am I, what am I like? I know you're dying to tell me.
Actually I was not expressing hostility, nor am I dying to tell you anything about who I think you are (because I could really care less), but if that's how you want to look at it, that's fine by me.

Out of curiosity, in what way am I making the assertion that I know you better than yourself? Read the statement again. Unless you have a crystall ball, you DO NOT know how you will feel 10 years from now.

Just throwing in my $0.02 since this is, afterall, a public forum. If you don't like it, then don't read it.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:53 PM   #91
psyches_reflection

I wouldn't say that my FO was more deserving than yours. Anyone who throws an object at a car while it's moving is acting in such a way as to endanger life. I hope whoever threw snowballs at your car learns in due course how horrid such an action is.

As people may have noticed, I get a bit swept up in my own anger when I post sometimes. I don't mean to, and I apologise.

And one final thing Miss Happy Cat - your signature rules
Old 07-10-2007, 06:03 PM   #92
Rae Ven Rae

I'm angry at all the losers in the music industry who hold the purse strings and keep pumping out crap but won't give decent music a chance ....
Rae Ven Rae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 07:06 PM   #93
Crying_Crimson_Tears

I just read about that on Yahoo! news. I agree.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 07:20 PM   #94
thedoll

fuck tomatoes and all those people who always love to point out how it's a fruit... does it honestly matter? youre no more intelligent because you know about tomatoes!!

I'd like to do more than survive, I'd like to rub it in your face. -The Dresden Dolls
thedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 07:22 PM   #95
Saddiction

Tomatoes are pretty gross, although I love ketchup for some reason.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:23 PM   #96
thedoll

I love catsup, and salsa for that matter. Just not tomatoes and people who feel the need to discuss them.

I'd like to do more than survive, I'd like to rub it in your face. -The Dresden Dolls
thedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 09:12 PM   #97
Tha Duckman

I like KFC! Mmmm, I can just TASTE the fear they put into those chickens!
Old 07-11-2007, 12:49 AM   #98
maggot

Quote:
Go on, take a shot at it. Who am I, what am I like? I know you're dying to tell me.

By your response to her post, after flouncing in here, barely ever adding to our little community, I would say that you sound like some stupid eighth-grader or freshman who is under the impression that they are much more mature than they actually are. It's quite possibly that you are extremely pretentious or pseudo-intellectual, and you pride yourself on something that you don't actually have; I'm guessing you think you have a sense of humor, or at least would love to have one, judging by your user name.

By your automatic attack of a seemingly harmless post by Saddiction, it would also seem that you commonly make mistakes or say things that get you bashed, again from the aforementioned, and are so fed up with people making fun of you for it that you feel the need to defend yourself at the drop of a pin.

Upon that, it is also possible that you have a 'jewish grandmother' complex of sorts. You feel the need to become offended at someone, thus making yourself the victim, and you can use this either for attention or for guilt. In the chance that you don't have ulterior motives, this could stem out of you either having low self esteem, or self esteem higher than you should have, which both seem to suit the profile of the age group I put you in before.

You certainly fit that age group mentally, anyway.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:24 AM   #99
Miss Happy Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoll
fuck tomatoes and all those people who always love to point out how it's a fruit... does it honestly matter? youre no more intelligent because you know about tomatoes!!
Well, my, my, I see someone failed to see the humor the humor in my signature. Would you care for a Midol or a Xanax perhaps to settle you down?

I’m wondering if you thought it was appropriate to light a Bic lighter under my ass to get a response out of me, or if you thought your quip would amuse everyone. Being a newbie I can see why you would think of me as an easy target as I have not made any friends here who will come to my aid. Nor do I feel the need to be mean and nasty in return to you to gain any friends. You attract more flies with honey than you do vinegar, my dear.

I did in no way shape or form tell anyone I was more intelligent for knowing a tomato was a fruit. In fact, I believe there are members here who are far more intelligent than I here. The statement in my signature was something I found to be humorous. If you fail to see the humor, then I see that we could possibly never get along.
Miss Happy Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 08:03 AM   #100
Tha Duckman

How do you know that it was specifically directed at you?