Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 07-04-2008, 12:20 PM   #1
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Reflections on the United States Independence Day

I thought I would post this inflammatory video regarding one man's opinion on the Fourth of July:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vw6l2VK8-Uc

"Republicrats"! LOL

Happy Fourth to my fellow Americans.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 01:03 PM   #2
Anonymoose

It's not inflammatory, it's inspirational if anything.
Anonymoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 01:12 PM   #3
HumanePain

Obviously we still have the right to Free Speech.

Old 07-04-2008, 01:36 PM   #4
Anonymoose

It's a different kind of fascism. To say that a company is a piece of shit or to slander a man's name just because you can, doesn't make it any less true that the USA is ran by Corporate America.

Idle talk is not a threat. It's when we start expressing our words and what we really mean, is when you start seeing the authorities show you the extent of your free speech.

You're obviously free to say what ever the hell you want, just so long as it doesn't spark dissent amongst the people against the establishment. Because once an inspired person from YOUR words starts throwing the bricks and collectively taking up arms, you will see the extent of your free speech.
Anonymoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 01:59 PM   #5
Catch

Whatever. It is the fourth of July. It would be sad if everything meant the same thing to everyone else.
Old 07-04-2008, 04:53 PM   #6
KontanKarite

I think I agree with the man for the most part.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 09:18 PM   #7
Tea and Cake or Death

Yep. HE'S RIGHT. This country is going to hell in a handbag. I mean, I am glad I grew up when I did. I feel sorry for the children of today. They are missing out on a LOT of good experiences because their parents are afraid of the small chance that the child might hurt it's self. FUCK IT! It's what kids do! I am sick of the government being like another fucking parent! I am angry at the whole world around me, and the fuckers that own it. I agree with this guy.... although...in some parts he gets...sketchy.
Tea and Cake or Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 09:34 PM   #8
Solumina

That was quite an interesting rant, quite true too
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 03:48 PM   #9
Splintered

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain
I thought I would post this inflammatory video regarding one man's opinion on the Fourth of July:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vw6l2VK8-Uc

"Republicrats"! LOL

Happy Fourth to my fellow Americans.
Why do I get the feeling that "The Editorialist" is you?
Old 07-05-2008, 04:34 PM   #10
HumanePain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splintered
Why do I get the feeling that "The Editorialist" is you?
Haha! It isn't, I am not that smart or rich.

Old 07-05-2008, 04:39 PM   #11
Splintered

I swear, he looks like you with sunglasses.
Old 07-06-2008, 09:36 AM   #12
Barfing_Rat

Any subtitle for this video? From what other says here it seems interesting.
Barfing_Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 01:29 PM   #13
Lapin

I loved 4th of July, but it rained again this year. And as the fireworks were going off, I noticed for the first time how much it sounded like gunfire and explosions. I had to wonder if it was such a good idea to set them off on a base full of combat veterans, no small percentage of whom probably have PTSD.
Lapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 01:47 PM   #14
KontanKarite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barfing_Rat
Any subtitle for this video? From what other says here it seems interesting.

He was talking about how people under a "fascist" Italy had a right to use bomb grade fireworks for celebration and not only that, the fact that people are overtaxed unwillingly instead of voluntary.

Also he's talking about how we have to have our state ID or liscence on us at all times.

In short, he's ranting about how today's United States has less and less rights and more and more tyranny.

Old 07-09-2008, 01:53 AM   #15
Barfing_Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontanKarite
He was talking about how people under a "fascist" Italy had a right to use bomb grade fireworks for celebration and not only that, the fact that people are overtaxed unwillingly instead of voluntary.

Also he's talking about how we have to have our state ID or liscence on us at all times.

In short, he's ranting about how today's United States has less and less rights and more and more tyranny.
Thank very much, I really really appreciate it buddy. I owe you one.

Funny thing is... I HARDLY carry any type of ID on me lol. If lucky, I may have my passport on me.
Barfing_Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 12:00 PM   #16
CptSternn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tea and Cake or Death
Yep. HE'S RIGHT. This country is going to hell in a handbag. I mean, I am glad I grew up when I did. I feel sorry for the children of today. They are missing out on a LOT of good experiences because their parents are afraid of the small chance that the child might hurt it's self. FUCK IT! It's what kids do! I am sick of the government being like another fucking parent! I am angry at the whole world around me, and the fuckers that own it. I agree with this guy.... although...in some parts he gets...sketchy.
I was just about to post an identical post.

I remember riding bikes without a helmet. I remember when you could buy fireworks legally. I remember when you could go to the mall without having to have ID on you. I remember when cops couldn't search your house without a warrant. I remember when torture was illegal. I remember when there were no CCTV cameras on every corner. I remember when you could go get on a plane without having to pre-book a ticket. I remember when you could bring your own bottle of shampoo on the plane in your luggage. I remember when you could have a few drinks and still drive home legally. I remember when you could smoke in a bar.

I could go on for hours like this.

Luckily, I'm back living in Ireland and I still can do many things that have now been deemed illegal in America.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 03:52 AM   #17
medbh4805

I have to disagree on one issue - have a few drinks and drive home? Drink driving kills. The idea of driving home (even with just a few beers) as acceptable is just stupid, socially irresponsible and dangerous. You could kill someone. Believe it or not the law is there for a reason.
ditto fireworks.

however I think you're right in the most part. Some of the laws they're trying to bring in are a bit overbearing - like the new ones in the North of Ireland that we should have curfews imposed on younger drivers and a limit to the number of passengers in each car. Its getting ridiculous.
medbh4805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 12:26 PM   #18
CptSternn

They already do that in many places in America. They even have curfews and drivers under 21 have to be off the roads by like 10PM, else they can be arrested and lose their license.
Old 07-12-2008, 10:53 AM   #19
medbh4805

europeans have conspicuously more freedom than those living in the land of the free...
medbh4805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 02:33 PM   #20
lucitrx

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn
I was just about to post an identical post.

I remember riding bikes without a helmet. I remember when you could buy fireworks legally. I remember when you could go to the mall without having to have ID on you. I remember when cops couldn't search your house without a warrant. I remember when torture was illegal. I remember when there were no CCTV cameras on every corner. I remember when you could go get on a plane without having to pre-book a ticket. I remember when you could bring your own bottle of shampoo on the plane in your luggage. I remember when you could have a few drinks and still drive home legally. I remember when you could smoke in a bar.

I could go on for hours like this.

Luckily, I'm back living in Ireland and I still can do many things that have now been deemed illegal in America.
I live in New Hampshire.
lucitrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 02:48 PM   #21
KontanKarite

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucitrx
I live in New Hampshire.

What exactly does this have to do with what he said?

Old 07-27-2008, 05:35 PM   #22
ArtificialOne

Well, I agree on some points. Especially the dumb laws that get passed while people stand around and shrug their shoulders. If you don't like a law or think it's unnecessary stop it in it's tracks or put it up for a special ballot to take it off as soon as you hear about it.

I also think if more people traveled overseas they would see how nice we actually had it. A lot of people try to compare us with Europe, but Europe's only what 1% of the world, never mind the other how many other hundreds of other countries that exists.

As for having other "certain" rights. The constitution and Bill of rights doesn't say we have a right to be happy, have free health care or big retirement accounts. It just gives us a certain amount of guidelines to insure we can make up our own minds and live as we choose, not how others choose us to live. That's something a great majority of countries in the world don't afford.

Oh and a note about Italy, the police can beat the fuck out of you if they choose with little to no repercussions (same with Spain).

BTW.. Hi Mr Humane! Long time no chat!

“More persons, on the whole, are humbugged by believing in nothing, than by believing too much”
P.T. Barnum

Vist me:
http://www.myspace.com/lifeasartificial

Last edited by ArtificialOne; 07-27-2008 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Lost text when posted
ArtificialOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 01:30 AM   #23
CptSternn

I like Spain because they beat the feck out of people. Do ye get Costa Del Street crime in the states? It's bascially COPS from Coasta Del Sol - the top holiday spot in Spain.

Every week you watch cops beat the piss out of drunken british tourists who get cheeky with them. They take out their batons and beat them silly. It's a brilliant show.