Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 01-01-2013, 04:11 PM   #1
Murder.Of.Crows

Wii U

Does anyone here have one? If not, are you planning to get one. Because, this thing is awesome and I would love to play some games with you guys.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:08 PM   #2
AshleyO

I hesitate to look into the thing.

I haven't had a proper nintendo in years. I do have a 3DS now.

I don't think I'll be joining the next gen consoles. I'm going PC.

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:50 PM   #3
Murder.Of.Crows

I understand. If i had the money to buy a good computer right now I would. Although i usually prefer consoles, because pc's generally need constant upkeep to run the newest games.

As for the WiiU though, the thing is incredibly awesome. I was terribly disapointed with the wii console. But, this... it's just pure genious. I'm really hoping for a good lineup of games.

You have a 3ds? Do you have "colors!3d"?
Old 01-01-2013, 09:28 PM   #4
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murder.Of.Crows View Post
I understand. If i had the money to buy a good computer right now I would. Although i usually prefer consoles, because pc's generally need constant upkeep to run the newest games.
Think of how I feel, I finally get an Xbox and the games I'm most looking forward to are going to be on the next gens D: a PS3 looks affordable now but I'm also considering just saving up for a decent desktop. Replacing a graphics card or installing better ram is a lot easier than buying a new console.

I should ask, does the Wii U play Wii games? I'm still sad I didn't get to finish the Wii Tenchu game.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:40 PM   #5
Murder.Of.Crows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post

I should ask, does the Wii U play Wii games? I'm still sad I didn't get to finish the Wii Tenchu game.
Yes it does.

I also use it for surfing the web. My laptop decided to die. So i've been using my wiiu for all my post making and youtube videos.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:20 AM   #6
AshleyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Think of how I feel, I finally get an Xbox and the games I'm most looking forward to are going to be on the next gens D: a PS3 looks affordable now but I'm also considering just saving up for a decent desktop. Replacing a graphics card or installing better ram is a lot easier than buying a new console.

That's what I'm doing. I've been seriously combing this shit over and there's been a lot of helpful people over on another site to help a noob such as myself figure out what's good for the gander.

All of them are basically saying that when it comes to hardware, you're better off going midrange because technically the differences between the highest hardware and midrange are pretty negligible; especially if you're doing gaming.

If you can pull off Skyrim at ultra settings at 32 FPS with graphical mods; are you really going to see a huge difference at 50 or 60 FPS at double the price of your hardware?

Besides... I get the feeling that midrange for now is easier to upgrade to something better later on when it's absolutely needed.

Then again it's not like I'm planning on playing any BF3 or Crysis 3 any time soon. ...Screw FPSs.

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Old 01-04-2013, 01:09 PM   #7
AshleyO

Ordered all the parts yesterday for my new rig.

Oh man, I'm so nervous.

Old 05-22-2013, 03:53 PM   #8
GothicGeek

According to my ex-boyfriend, I'm a "Nintendo Chick"(it's not intentional, I just prefer consoles/games that have simple controls. I used to play Sega before they decided to just make games only).

I'm so broke right now I still don't have a 3DS; both it and the Wii U have games I want so bad, but I keep reminding myself that I once I can afford them they'll be cheap enough for me to rack up (I've been doing this for years each time a new console/game comes out).
GothicGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 01:42 AM   #9
Bigfoot

The big problem with the WiiU is simply that there is only a handful of games available. As soon as the huge nintendo-exlusive titles like Mario, Zelda or Metroid come out, I will maybe jump in, but not right now.
Bigfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:43 PM   #10
AshleyO

I'm starting to consider the Wii U now. E3 and all the drama with XBone and PS4 has got me thinking that while PC gaming is awesome, you just can't get certain titles like Zelda without doing some serious footwork. Mario Kart 8 looks god damned dope as fuck and it'd be nice to have a next gen console that I can do some arcade fun stuff with the roommates.

Old 06-15-2013, 01:01 AM   #11
Murder.Of.Crows

Hey spam bot. Fuck you. At least source your shit before you steal people's comments.

Ashley if you ever decide to pick up a wii u , i demand, if your willing, your friend code.

Sadly, i dont see the console pulling in much 3rd party support. Sales have neen veru lacking for the wii u. However, first party games are going to kick ass as Nintendo usually does.
Old 07-14-2013, 05:35 PM   #12
LadyPussina

I have a Wii U but don't play it much. I find it too tedious...
LadyPussina is offline   Reply With Quote